#THPCallouts - captaincaution v brianmk24 - #TeamRHIunion Bloodbath at Bethpage

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The US Open is over, and the conditions left much to be desired for US Open purists/masochists. Follow along as former Gauntelt #TeamRhi teammates captaincaution and brianmk24 battle it out in the Long Island heat and humidity at Bethpage Black golf course, host of US Opens, the Barclays, and future PGA Championships and Ryder Cup. Long holes, thick rough, difficult approaches await.

I'm calling you out Brian!

Bethpage Black Golf Course
Farmingdale, NY
Saturday, June 24
3:24 pm tee time

Tale of the tape:
Captaincaution comes in at a 11.4 handicap. A run of good play in the last week has him trending down to a 10.9. He will be coming to Bethpage Black after a night of entertaining clients in NYC. Could prove to be a challenge mentally and physically.

Brianmk24 is currently a 13.0 handicap. Summer traffic in NYC lies between him and Bethpage. Could have a devastating effect on his attitude prior to arrival.

The two hammed and egged it very well on Cog Hill number 2. This time it's every man for himself.

I propose play from the white tees. Measuring a long 6684 yards for a par 71. The rating is 74.0 with a slope of 145 :beat-up:. I will give 2 strokes. One on the 461 yard par 5 4th, and one on the 430 yard par 4 15th.

WITB:
captaincaution:
:callaway: Great Big Bertha Epic w/ :fujikra: Pro Green 70
:callaway: XR16 3w
:callaway: XR16 3W 5w
:wilsonstaff:C200 4-GW w/ :kbs: TOUR 90
:cleveland: RTX3 CB 54 & 58
:cleveland: Huntington Beach 6C
:bridgestone: B330S
:srixon: Q Star Tour

brianmk24:
Driver: :callaway: Epic 9* +2* - HZRDUS T800 6.0 55g
FW: :callaway: GBB 3W 15* - Aldila Rogue 110 MSI
Hybrid: :callaway: Apex 2H 18* - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage
Irons: :callaway: XR Pro 4-AW - True Temper XP 95 S300
Wedges: :callaway: 56* MD3 S-Grind w/THP Stamp, #TheCup 60* PM Grind
Putter: :odyssey: White Hot RX V-Line Fang w/:superstroke: Slim 3.0
Ball: :bridgestone: B330S/:callaway: ChromeSoft/Snell MTB/:taylormade: Penta TP/TP5

This is sure to be a good match. Definitely a bloodbath waiting to happen.

This is going to be a great battle and a legendary venue.

I am going with Brian in this one. Looking forward to following along fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to go with Brian on this one excited to follow​ along

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I got the Black in this one?, and Brian too.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Oh man. That's a BEAST. I need to play there one day, it's not a far drive from me!

I'm going with Alek here (no offense intended Brian lol). I'm thinking that slightly lower cap / trend is going to help on this really tough course. Have fun guys, I'm jealous!

Bethpage Black wins, the Jersey Brian sandbags his way to victory.

I'm going with my buddy Brian and his couple of pops. I do think both break 100 though and it's gonna come down to the wire. Should be a blast to follow!

Gotta go with my buddy Brian on this one. Will be a fun follow on a great track. Enjoy it fellas

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I only voted for the course because im a big fan of both of these guys. Brian can get the putter going and drop some BOMBS but then again Alec has a new driver hes crushing. Ill go with CaptainCaution in this one, 1UP and i cannot wait to see the pictures of one of my favorite courses

Always bet on black. I think Bethpage shows it teeth in the match and captaincaution limps away with a close victory.

Always bet on black. I think Bethpage shows it teeth in the match and captaincaution limps away with a close victory.
I'll probably be literally limping at the end haha.

I'm going to go with Brianmk24 on this, simply because I played a round with him once and he didn't make fun of me.
The actual vote went to Bethpage Black to win. Especially teeing off at 3:24. That's the hottest time of day. Hopefully it will cool down a bit later.

I gotta go with Brian on this one. When he gets in a groove, forget about it.

the gauntlet teammates are doing battle... I saw both of these guys in action, but that has been a while... need to think on this but can't wait to follow along!

Provisional's are your friend.

This will be a blast to follow. Amazing course and 2 fun THP'ers. I'll take Brian with a 1 up lead. Both guys barely edge the 100 mark and beat the course.

My goal is to break 100 on Saturday. I think its's going to be tight but I'll take my RR teammate Brian and both break 100.

I'll go with captiancaution with a 2&1 victory!

Got to go with my Kickoff Classic partner Brian on this one, he's got superior sock game!!!

Wow! This one will be good!! Gotta go with Brian on this!!!

Gotta go with Brian just because I've seen how hot that putter can get.

Last edited:
Brianmk24 FTW

Huge underdog. I like it haha.

this will be a fun follow! I can't wait for the course pictures and the updates.

I say Brian wins 2 and 1

this will be a fun follow! I can't wait for the course pictures and the updates.

I say Brian wins 2 and 1
I'm bringing two extra cell phone batteries and an external battery pack, so we should be good for the whole time!

Back