Callaway Chrome Speed

Whenever I order golf balls I mark all of them. Just easier and now shouldn't have to worry about it for awhile
Will be interested to hear what you think of them compared to chrome soft.

I'm still seeing less spin around the green than the Chrome Soft, but more movement off the tee. They're not bad balls by any means, and I may just be more used to the Chrome Soft, but I don't think I'll be getting any more once what I have runs out.

I've got a dozen in hand and will game them this Saturday. I'll try to remember to post my thoughts here.

I've been playing the Hex Chrome+'s. So, I feel good about the Speed's having a similar reaction as the Chrome+'s.

Want to try these out as they are touted as being less spinny and longer than Chrome Soft...

Found a deal on Mygolf.com for $19.95/dozen - just ordered a box...

I've got a dozen in hand and will game them this Saturday. I'll try to remember to post my thoughts here.

I've been playing the Hex Chrome+'s. So, I feel good about the Speed's having a similar reaction as the Chrome+'s.

My play was a little irratic that Saturday. So, unfortunately, I don't have much to contribute. I didn't care for the feel. But, I could get used to it. It was more muted than I prefer. I like a slightly firmer feel that I get from the Hex Chrome+ and the Nike One Tour D. I do think these may have been a 1/2 club longer. I had 2-3 shots end up on the back edge of a green. Spin on full swings was similar to other premium balls. Most stopped within a couple yards of the ball mark. On one shot into an uphill slope, I backed it up about 15 feet from 100 yards, into the wind. For $20, I would consider these an excellent ball for those that don't want to pay $35-50 on a premium 4-piece.

I'll play them again this Saturday and hopefully have some more consistent play that will allow for better analysis.

I've been playing these for the past 5 rounds. I was a huge chrome+ fan. This is the chrome+ with a slightly softer feel. I love it. It holds up better than the + did. I've played two full rounds with one ball, it still looks decent. The speed feels incredible off iron shots. Just jumps off the woods. And a little less clicky off the putter.

I started with 2 dozen and have gone back for 12 more since. I think if you like the chrome +, this is a slam dunk. I started playing the Nike rzn black this year after getting tired of trying to find the +. Love the Nike black but the speed beats it for me and I like the speed better than the + as well. I converted another + player I play most of my golf with and he felt the exact same about it.

This is an entirely different feeling and performing ball than the Soft IMO. I'm not a fan of the Soft.

Played 18 with 2 of these yesterday - had to retire one after I got some gills form a full wedge shot.

This ball is definitely firmer than the Chrome Soft - would compare the feel to a Pro-V1 X.

Off the putter is not nearly as soft as a Chrome Soft but I felt distance control was more consistent - then again I was on fire with the putter yesterday.

Off the driver it definitely has a more piercing/boring flight and didn't balloon for me except off one shot with my 5W when it went a mile high.

As for the long irons they held their line.

With the wedges this might be the one draw back. With my Lob Wedge and the Chrome soft I would normally have 2 bounces then spin back a few inches. However with the Chrome Speed it is one-hop and stop dead.

All in all a great ball for the price I paid (just $19.99!)

Put these in play last nite and shot my best 9 ever - 41. Dunno it was necessarily related as I was swinging really well.
The ball is long. Added about 1/2 club to a full club with my irons compared to the e5's I had been gaming.
Noticed about the same amount of spin on/around the greens.
Off the tee, like ShanksaloT said, a real piercing ball flight that looked it was just gonna keep going.
Will prolly order another few dozen before supplies run out.

I got to play one of these yesterday. It felt similar to the E6 I normally play. I am in need of white balls for the fall, so I picked up the 36 ball pack on mggolf and will use it. Can't beat the price.

I got to play one of these yesterday. It felt similar to the E6 I normally play. I am in need of white balls for the fall, so I picked up the 36 ball pack on mggolf and will use it. Can't beat the price.
I played 1 ball the entire round, so that in itself says decent things with how I was getting along with this ball. Only marks on it after 18 holes was from the 4 tree strikes I had. I feel that at the price I paid, I can't get any better than that. I said it in another thread, Callaway may or may not recognize this balls existence, but I sure do. Glad I ordered the 3 dozen, they will get some good use!

I played 1 ball the entire round, so that in itself says decent things with how I was getting along with this ball. Only marks on it after 18 holes was from the 4 tree strikes I had. I feel that at the price I paid, I can't get any better than that. I said it in another thread, Callaway may or may not recognize this balls existence, but I sure do. Glad I ordered the 3 dozen, they will get some good use!

I have seen similar Pluffy. It is a solid golf ball, and extremely tough to beat for the price.

I have seen similar Pluffy. It is a solid golf ball, and extremely tough to beat for the price.
The price is what sold me to try it (after picking up one at the Michigan gathering and playing it for 9 holes). Just going off what MG said it was, I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far.

I missed this thread until today. I saw the boxes of Chrome Speed in Golf Galaxy last Sunday, thought they were a recent release and came on here looking for reviews. Reading the thread it sounds like they went to liquidation vs being released. Considering the success of the Chrome Soft it's not surprising.

I missed this thread until today. I saw the boxes of Chrome Speed in Golf Galaxy last Sunday, thought they were a recent release and came on here looking for reviews. Reading the thread it sounds like they went to liquidation vs being released. Considering the success of the Chrome Soft it's not surprising.

Yep, basically this. They made some of these, but noticed that Chrome Soft fit people by and large, much better.

You are correct in your summation. And TH is right about why they did it. Doesn't mean it's not a good ball for those that it fits well for.

You are correct in your summation. And TH is right about why they did it. Doesn't mean it's not a good ball for those that it fits well for.

No, far from it. It is a solid golf ball

Back