The Classroom: How To Reshaft Golf Clubs

Great job by Danny explaining this and really makes it look pretty simple and not overwhelming to someone that may have never done this before.

I've always thought the 24 hour stuff was better but Danny made it seem like either is great. I definitely like the sound of 30 mins later being on the range though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than 5 minutes and you can start reshafting your own clubs. Seems like a solid time investment. Danny Le is the reason I was able to do a complete reshaft of my irons, he's a great teacher.

Danny makes this look so easy. I am all thumbs when I re-shaft a club. I like the trigger epoxy setup. Much easier to get the same amount of resin and hardener. I usually use 24 hour epoxy but I need to buy the 30 minute epoxy. I have never used shims while re-shafting. Something new to look into. Lining up the graphics was always an after thought for me, so now I have a checklist for re-shafting.

re-watched this, and still amazed at how easy and fluid he makes the whole process look. as a guy who literally can't hang pictures on the walls of his own house, i appreciate watching someone who can do this kind of stuff.

how did he prep the inside of the adapter? and at what point of this process does he SST Pure the shaft (haha jk!)

I'm right there with you. Watched this when it came out but I'm the unhandiest person I know. Can easily mess up regripping, so I've stayed away from doing shaft work. Plus, there really isn't a comfortable area to do this work.

Danny does make it look easy however.

I'm right there with you. Watched this when it came out but I'm the unhandiest person I know. Can easily mess up regripping, so I've stayed away from doing shaft work. Plus, there really isn't a comfortable area to do this work.

Danny does make it look easy however.

He does it all the time. it's not that hard TBH. Once you have all the equipment & supplies, it's a piece of cake. I just ordered a swing weight scale to complete my shop. Especially since I have some Recoils heading my way thanks to Danny. :banana:

Always quality video with Danny.

I've installed adapters before, but seeing Danny do it will help me in the future as he has some tricks that make it cleaner and easier.

In the video, when Danny is installing the adapter on the shaft, you hear a little pop. Is that the air bubble bursting that he has mentioned in THP Live videos before? That's something I never thought about before seeing it.

He does use the 24 hours sometimes, I'm just not sure what dictates when he uses it. He used 24 hour epoxy when he did my irons at #ShaftUp 1 and put them in the oven to cure them. He did add some tungsten powder to the epoxy he used on mine to fine tune the swing weights, so that could have something to do with using the 24 hour epoxy.

Your irons require a couple of extra steps is the reason I used 24 hour epoxy. If I used the tour van epoxy, I would have to mix a bunch of batches to get through the whole set + wedges.

Danny

Always quality video with Danny.

I've installed adapters before, but seeing Danny do it will help me in the future as he has some tricks that make it cleaner and easier.

In the video, when Danny is installing the adapter on the shaft, you hear a little pop. Is that the air bubble bursting that he has mentioned in THP Live videos before? That's something I never thought about before seeing it.

You are correct. It is always a nice sound to hear.

Danny

Great job by Danny explaining this and really makes it look pretty simple and not overwhelming to someone that may have never done this before.

I've always thought the 24 hour stuff was better but Danny made it seem like either is great. I definitely like the sound of 30 mins later being on the range though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are great. It all depends on when the guys/girls need their clubs. Most of the THP events, I work with the tour van epoxy. If it is not a rush, I go with 24 hour epoxy.

Danny

You are correct. It is always a nice sound to hear.

Danny
Thanks sir! I'll be listening for it when I finally get to installing an adapter I have lying around.

Watching this video again came at the perfect time. The adapter on my 3 wood just let go of the shaft this last weekend.
Instead of taking it in to a shop to get re-glued, I am going to do it myself.

Thanks THP and Danny !!

Your irons require a couple of extra steps is the reason I used 24 hour epoxy. If I used the tour van epoxy, I would have to mix a bunch of batches to get through the whole set + wedges.

Danny

Its really just because I'm a PITA. LOL!!! Thanks for chiming in buddy! Hope all is well in TX and hope to see you soon. :D

Last time I shafted an adjustable club I put the tip on the shaft separately from the head. It sort of worked but it would appear that I've been doing it wrong. Or at least in a less efficient manner.

Works either way. If I am building a bunch of demos, I won't use the head.

Danny

Watching the video, Danny makes it look so easy...

I'm always amazed while watching the masters at work, it seems so effortless for them and if I was trying to do any of it myself, I'd be sweating bullets thinking I'd hurt my clubs!

Not a master. When you have done something thousands of times, it becomes easier.

Danny

Making sure I've commented, another awesome explanation by Danny here. I like the trigger epoxy setup, I was always told that the 24 hour was optimal, but it seems not to matter. I know when we reshaft at Dick's the training video wasn't as good as this one.

I've been reshafting clubs since the mid 90s. I love that Danny secured the adapters in the head of the driver. I've always installed the adapters outside of the head. This seems like such a better way to get a secure fit. The 30min epoxy is something I need to buy more of.

If you buy the tour van epoxy, be sure to buy a good brand.

Danny

How simple this all looks. I always thought that reshafting was more time consuming and difficult than regripping. Thanks for the information. My son does some of this, so I will rely on him to take care of me, but useful information . Thanks.

After watching this video, I really want to go get some 3M DP810 and go reshaft my driver! :laughing:
Danny did a great job explaining the entire process and just the right amount of info to help someone do this on their own without getting lost. I like that he does a dry run prior to actually using the epoxy to make sure the swing weight is right. I honestly would have never thought about doing that!! I guess I should leave reshafting to the pros or start with a club I don't care too much about. This video is by far the best reshaft instructional video on YouTube. I have seen a few that were good but with Danny doing the teaching and this one coming from THP (4K!), it blows the others out of the water.

If you buy the tour van epoxy, be sure to buy a good brand.

Danny

I see you have used Golfworks epoxy ... is that the best out there? It's what I use only because it's about the only kind I can find. Seems to work well

What is the most shafts you've done at one time?
Have you handled any tour pros setup, outside of Nate? Lol

I've watched this twice now. Looking forward to putting into practice soon with an Attas Coool headed my way. One tip I picked up on was attaching the head to the adapter before install. I always thought it was done by just putting the adapter on the shaft.

What is the most shafts you've done at one time?
Have you handled any tour pros setup, outside of Nate? Lol

Not too many...probably 50 at one time. It was for the PGA Show.

I have done some stuff for tour players but I will always recommend they go through their sponsor's tour van first!

Danny

This video gave me the confidence to give this a try with the Attas Coool that'll be here tomorrow. In a way I'll be reviewing and testing the shaft and this video at the same time.

It'd be hard to think of anything better than visiting UST and getting a hands on lesson though :D

Back