DC/MD/VA unofficial outing - 7/25/15

Gone on 8/8 also. We need to grab golfinnut after that weekend but before that first tuition bill arrives!

Glad everyone had a great time! So, just throwing out this date. How about August 8th for a mini-gathering ? I like Blue Mash :)

I will be out of town - well, coming home that day.

John & I can always organize something at Raspberry Falls (10 min from the house) ... we just need to decide on a date.

Glad everyone had a great time! So, just throwing out this date. How about August 8th for a mini-gathering ? I like Blue Mash :)

8/8 is a maybe...might have to do a BBQ with the wife's boss and coworkers.

Both Musket Ridge and Blue Mash are great venues. If I recall correctly, the last time I played Musket Ridge the fee was around $100. The score cards at Blue Mash has misprints. It shows that holes 1 through 3 are par 4s and hole 4 is a par 3. From what I could tell, holes 1 through 3 are par 5s and hole 4 is a par 4.

Those three holes seem like par5s but the first three holes are all par4s

John & I can always organize something at Raspberry Falls (10 min from the house) ... we just need to decide on a date.

One of my favorite courses.

8/8 might work for me also but I will not know till Friday at the latest.

I like all the talk about this already...

I am definitely in if this ever gets a little bit closer to Richmond.

I am definitely in if this ever gets a little bit closer to Richmond.

I was thinking we needed to get you Richmond/Tidewater gents engaged also. That might put some of the MD boys out of reach though. Somewhere in the Frednecksburg/Stafford area would be do-able at least for the NoVA guys.

One topic that came up in discussion post-outing was putting together a resort, or resort-like outing, where we could get a weekend and 2-3 rounds in without having to drive 8+ hours.

I have never played there - but it is on my "to play" list. I'd make the trip!

I was thinking we needed to get you Richmond/Tidewater gents engaged also. That might put some of the MD boys out of reach though. Somewhere in the Frednecksburg/Stafford area would be do-able at least for the NoVA guys.

One topic that came up in discussion post-outing was putting together a resort, or resort-like outing, where we could get a weekend and 2-3 rounds in without having to drive 8+ hours.
Williamsburg has the same type of golf "outings" as Myrtle beach does . At probably half the cost. A lot of nice courses in that area too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A lot of us Marylanders use to drive to Mattaponi Springs regularly. Honestly it's much more doable than a weekend at this point. Most of my weekend trips are and have been taken up with official THP events.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Williamsburg has the same type of golf "outings" as Myrtle beach does . At probably half the cost. A lot of nice courses in that area too

Golden Horseshoe - Green Course is an awesome track.

Kingsmill - River Course is on my list to play. Walked it a few times watching the LPGA, looks awesome.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

A lot of us Marylanders use to drive to Mattaponi Springs regularly. Honestly it's much more doable than a weekend at this point. Most of my weekend trips are and have been taken up with official THP events.

I'm quoting myself as I realized the second part of this post may have come off a bit dismissive of a local weekend gathering

I'd be all for such a weekend if it works out. Close and easy to get to and cheaper than traveling to one of the major THP events.

But I have committed to the last Guantlet contest and have committed to trying for the Wilson Prototype event.

If neither of those work out. I'd be all up for a September or October weekend of golf.

So many great options within a 2-3 hour drive.

More SWAG ... courtesy of TheCrest ... a fine well used Nike ball

83ead3247582c623b739e2dc8cc75494.jpg

Hahaha there it is!
That makes me think I should of left you the one that almost murdered you in NJ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fredericksburg is doable for us Richmonders!

I'm quoting myself as I realized the second part of this post may have come off a bit dismissive of a local weekend gathering

I'd be all for such a weekend if it works out. Close and easy to get to and cheaper than traveling to one of the major THP events.

But I have committed to the last Guantlet contest and have committed to trying for the Wilson Prototype event.

If neither of those work out. I'd be all up for a September or October weekend of golf.

So many great options within a 2-3 hour drive.

my situation as well plus I will have to take into school work and a trip back to buffalo

my situation as well plus I will have to take into school work and a trip back to buffalo

I think we're all in the same boat to some extent with other commitments. If my daughter decides she wants to play travel softball that will pretty much hose my fall weekends as far as making another THP gathering goes.

I figure if we throw as many ideas out there as we can, something will stick that will be able to maximize participation.

Back