DC/MD/VA unofficial outing - 7/25/15

Let's get that last spot filled up! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

From the Bay Bridge to Old Hickory, what is a good estimate of the travel time on a Saturday?

I'm no expert but I imagine you will have a similar time estimate as me. We are probably looking at 1:15 to 1:30. Traffic shouldn't be much of an issue midday.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but was away for business. Count me in, I'll be there around 2p.

Would you be offended if I wore my VT hat?? LOL

golfinnut:

Not at all, while you may not have gotten the best education available, you did get a Virginia education. LOL Actually, my cousins sent their kids to VT, the traitors. But then my cousins were Richmond Spiders, so like I said, we are Virginians that's all that matters. Maryland, other than being overly expensive, ain't that bad, but my heart is still in Virginia.

The afternoon time was a killer for me guys. Have a commitment I just wasn't able to wrangle my way out of! Have fun, and I will be in the next one!

And don't let UVA fool you... he is straight, and long enough!

golfinnut:

Not at all, while you may not have gotten the best education available, you did get a Virginia education. LOL Actually, my cousins sent their kids to VT, the traitors. But then my cousins were Richmond Spiders, so like I said, we are Virginians that's all that matters. Maryland, other than being overly expensive, ain't that bad, but my heart is still in Virginia.

As an alumnus of William and Mary, I fully intend to look down my nose at both of you :smile-big:

The afternoon time was a killer for me guys. Have a commitment I just wasn't able to wrangle my way out of! Have fun, and I will be in the next one!

That's too bad. I was all set to have my Terrible Towel on hand.

I feel awkward graduating from Old Dominion now lol

That's too bad. I was all set to have my Terrible Towel on hand.

No worries - I'll have my Ravens bag ready to roll at the next get together!

golfinnut, JohnSinVa, & tBanks5:

If a Turtle happens to show up, let's have some fun. I married a Turtle, so I know one has to be careful. It doesn't matter to me where you may have learned to drink, this is going to be like coming home.

No worries - I'll have my Ravens bag ready to roll at the next get together!

If you pack a few Nationals in there I think I could manage it.

Have you been talking to my wife?

golfinnut:

Well, actually, I am a graduate of George Mason University here in Fairfax. I was just rooting for VT because that is where my $$ goes right now. My son is a Junior there now. While this year I get to represent 2 more schools .... another son is going to VCU and another is going to GMU (which I am very happy for since he is going to my alma mater).
So I am lucky to be able to get out and play at all as come the end of August, I will be writing 3 checks to 3 different schools ... so I will be broke!! :beat-up: :angry:

Well, actually, I am a graduate of George Mason University here in Fairfax. I was just rooting for VT because that is where my $$ goes right now. My son is a Junior there now. While this year I get to represent 2 more schools .... another son is going to VCU and another is going to GMU (which I am very happy for since he is going to my alma mater).
So I am lucky to be able to get out and play at all as come the end of August, I will be writing 3 checks to 3 different schools ... so I will be broke!! :beat-up: :angry:

God knew that I should not be allowed to reproduce, so I have no children. I never had to worry about a college fund. I have the utmost respect for you that you provided for your children's education and for your children for seeking an education. What I don't understand is why at least one of them isn't a Wahoo.

God knew that I should not be allowed to reproduce, so I have no children. I never had to worry about a college fund. I have the utmost respect for you that you provided for your children's education and for your children for seeking an education. What I don't understand is why at least one of them isn't a Wahoo.

Well to be honest ... they knew they weren't smart enough to get into UVA! LOL So they didn't bother to apply. Well, one of them could have if he put his mind to it but he apparently wants to coast thru school.

Well to be honest ... they knew they weren't smart enough to get into UVA! LOL So they didn't bother to apply. Well, one of them could have if he put his mind to it but he apparently wants to coast thru school.

Well to be honest....if during my tenure, UVa had the same academic standards then as it does now, I would probably have a different screen name.

My situation is difficult. I'm from VA, have always been a UVA guy but moved to NC and my son is a freshman at UNC, so I have to bit my lip and be supportive.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Practice round

036ec67cea0fe925ddb32ad40e39f6dd.jpg

My situation is difficult. I'm from VA, have always been a UVA guy but moved to NC and my son is a freshman at UNC, so I have to bit my lip and be supportive.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hey, it could have been worse, at least with your son at UNC, you can still hate Duke.

Lots of good pre round banter. Sounds like I'll be missing out on some caa and A10smack talk.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just got home and catching up on all the talk here. Really excited for Saturday!

Played 3 over 38 at the Prestigious Pinecrest Golf Club. Played pretty well some really ugly shots and some good ones. Need more practice with the SeeMore hoping to do that after work tomorrow to get ready for Saturday.

So pumped people could make this happen! Been way too long since I have played with THP'ers

Just got home and catching up on all the talk here. Really excited for Saturday!

Played 3 over 38 at the Prestigious Pinecrest Golf Club. Played pretty well some really ugly shots and some good ones. Need more practice with the SeeMore hoping to do that after work tomorrow to get ready for Saturday.

So pumped people could make this happen! Been way too long since I have played with THP'ers
it should be a great time. If I'm around my phone during the afternoon, iill be flipping channels between this outing and THPLegacy.

Should be be good stuff.

Back