The BEST/ACCURATE toe hang putter

Brucem609

Rum Afficianado
Reaction score
Handicap
Give me your thoughts on what you find to be the best toe hang putter.
I need to change from face balanced to a toe hang
thanjs

SeeMore mFGP/FGP

Its full hang, yet its face balanced at impact. Plus, the added benefit of RST. Elimination of variables = more consistent putting.

Hard to give a best as I think it varies by stroke type and even by individual with similar stroke types. Something that fits your eye is very important to most people to instill confidence. Additionally, you need to be comfortable with the putter head weight as I would venture to say that a lighter head with toe hang reacts a little differently in a stroke than a heavier head weight. And, finally, toe hang varies from 1/4 or a little less to full toe hang. Once again, how much best fits a person's stroke will vary by indivudual.

With all of that said, it is very hard to argue with Jman's recommendations and it would be wise to at least give them a try.

the only best is the best for you. i've always been a toe hang guy. i've tried a lot. the only shape i haven't tried is 8802. but the best i've ever used is the o-works 7s i have in my bag right now. thing is insane. i love it so far!

Accurate? Depends on the fit.

I'd at least get fit for aim. In that way, the putter picks you.

As to a popular OEM putter, I first look for a SeeMore. I can always find a milled or stainless milled face of at least one or two models that I really like. And you can get fit for them and special order your specs. I like the RST system.

Haven't really fallen for others other than Edel or a specialty putter with a new take on the subject. But I aim mallets best, so I look there first.

Last edited:
No single answer to this. You need to find the toe hang that enables your to start the ball on your intended line. You have 2 choices, pick a putter and tweak your stroke to fit that putter or find a putter that fits your existing stroke.

Back