Alienware console .. Opinions? Ready to buy baby

Mystery Meat

Ben Hogan Fan
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad Gas
bae4babe72eb3caf90eea8f781540e28.jpg

$600 bucks but looks so solid. 1000's of games on steam and a computer as well. Anyone try this ? Suggestions ? I'm an old school guy but this has peaked my interest? Wait or buy baby ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never buy any sort of PC-based gaming system that I could not upgrade at will. PC games are constantly pushing the envelope and there is no standard to keep developers from making a game that just won't run well on certain setups. I wouldn't touch this. If I wanted to game on PC, I would build a PC tower.

Heard some good and bad about them, might just want to build yourself (an option)

Personally, I think if you want to do some PC gaming, you should build a proper gaming PC (especially if you are going to be playing FPS games).

Didn't you say console style gaming systems weren't your style? Why would buying an Alienware unit be any different from a Playstation or Xbox?

Says it is upgradable. Small enough where I can bring into work and connect to our hi def TV we had installed in our break room . Plus we can surf the net

its says upgradable.... but this is nowhere big enough to put a decent graphic card or two..

get a playstation or a PC, this isn't worth talking about it

Ok ... Delete thread . I walked out of Walmart with groceries only . Looked so cool though

AlienWare = Overpriced Dell. Better off with your own build if you plan on PC gaming.

Edit: Didn't even see it was a console, but still...

AlienWare = Overpriced Dell. Better off with your own build if you plan on PC gaming.

Edit: Didn't even see it was a console, but still...
Yep. Alienware is not worth it. My first 2 years in school for design i bought an Alienware M17x laptap and while its badass i quickly realized i could of built i similar specd system for like 2 grand less. Im an idiot but the lights and case got the best of me then.

The GPU in the alpha is based off of a gtx 860M which is the equivalent to a 750Ti and one would assume the alienware one is clocked higher. Its basically an entry level GPU that as far as I know you wont be able to upgrade. Not worth it imo.

I think this runs SteamOS anyway so the library isnt as awesome yet as they let on.

He said he's too old for xbox or ps apparently

Can never be too old for video games, they're too much fun.

Can never be too old for video games, they're too much fun.
I'm not sure how ones too old for console for not too old for pc games lol whatever tho

Personal opinion, if you want something like this just buy a Sager/Clevo laptop and run the emulator software or the PC version of the games, you can still hook up controllers, and run it through a t.v. very easily. And they are extremely simple to upgrade, one of the best designed chassis i have used.

Back