Guns - If you could just have one

My Belgian made Winchester 101 O/U 12 gauge. It would serve all my bird hunting needs and it's not a bad home self defense weapon. Honestly, who could own only one gun???? My father in law is quite the collector with over 700 long guns and a few hundred hand guns.

I already have it. Browning Citori O/U 12 gauge with 3 1/2 mag chamber and 28" barrels.

Turkeys tremble when it enters the woods!

I'm a double man!

I would hate to part with my Colt 1911, but if I could only have one gun, the double is it. It can do everything.

A Howitzer.

Tough call. Either my 12g Benelli Nova - versatile and reliable - or a Beretta FS 92 in .40 (I love my 9mm - super comfortable in the hand, accurate and reliable - but I'd change calibers).

I knew I liked you! I have the same in 9mm..why would you change?

H&K MP5. Pretty cool. Maybe a glock 18

I have a paintball gun that's modeled after the MP5..good looking and great size.

I've always wanted a kimber tactical custom. Why are 1911s so expensive!

Seriously. I'm not a .45 guy, but 1911s are ridic expensive.

All I can do is drool until I move out of Jersey.

+1 for this with the awful gun laws here

.50 Cal mounted above my sunroof.

Uh oh, don't mess with Erky!

I have my dream gun:
Daniel defense M4V1
I've had it for a year and it is so damn accurate and reliable.

Kxm0yFJ.jpg

A Remington 870 12 ga. Simple, versatile, dependable.
I would have to go with this one also, they are simple to use, simple to clean and can be used for personal defense, home defense and hunting.

I would have to go with this one also, they are simple to use, simple to clean and can be used for personal defense, home defense and hunting.

Just be careful with recent Remington 870s, their quality control has gone down hill in the past few years

I got one two years ago, and the bore was so rough, that when the shell would expand after firing, the whole weapon would lock up.

Some have mentioned that 1911 are expensive, but what are you comparing them to? While the majority of 1911's do have a good price tag, you have all metal construction on most and not the polymer that others use which help keep costs down. A gun that I have been eyeballing lately is the Ruger 1911 commander. A normal price tag is right at he $800 mark, and tons of great reviews that would be expected from a Ruger pistol.

Some have mentioned that 1911 are expensive, but what are you comparing them to? While the majority of 1911's do have a good price tag, you have all metal construction on most and not the polymer that others use which help keep costs down. A gun that I have been eyeballing lately is the Ruger 1911 commander. A normal price tag is right at he $800 mark, and tons of great reviews that would be expected from a Ruger pistol.

I can get a Springfield 1911 with combat sights, upgraded trigger, and ambidextrous safety for about $700, and get the standard mil spec for $600ish. That's not a bad price at all, but someone comparing the cost of say a polymer pistol with a 15 round capacity selling for $450 vs a 1911 with the street price of at least $700-1500, it's hard to pick a 1911 I think. I have shot 1911s most of my life and love them. Just sometimes I wonder if it's worth carrying one or investing in the best I can afford.

I can get a Springfield 1911 with combat sights, upgraded trigger, and ambidextrous safety for about $700, and get the standard mil spec for $600ish. That's not a bad price at all, but someone comparing the cost of say a polymer pistol with a 15 round capacity selling for $450 vs a 1911 with the street price of at least $700-1500, it's hard to pick a 1911 I think. I have shot 1911s most of my life and love them. Just sometimes I wonder if it's worth carrying one or investing in the best I can afford.
some of those springfield 1911's are gorgeous. All my handguns are springfield, I'm a big fan

I have the full size SR1911 and it is a beauty. Got it new for about $700 once it was easy to find in stock.

I have the full size SR1911 and it is a beauty. Got it new for about $700 once it was easy to find in stock.
That was my original wish list. In the beginning they where so hard to find I ended up with the S&W E Series. Looking for a compact 1911 now.

That was my original wish list. In the beginning they where so hard to find I ended up with the S&W E Series. Looking for a compact 1911 now.

Hard to find is an understatement. Took me about 16 months after release to find one somewhere besides an online auction site asking $1200!

Hard to find is an understatement. Took me about 16 months after release to find one somewhere besides an online auction site asking $1200!
Yep it was nuts for a while.

I already have it. Browning Citori O/U 12 gauge with 3 1/2 mag chamber and 28" barrels.

Turkeys tremble when it enters the woods!

I'm a double man!

I would hate to part with my Colt 1911, but if I could only have one gun, the double is it. It can do everything.
I have a 20 Guage O/U which is by Inter Arms.. it's a Beretta knock off made on the same line. Right handed stock and nicely engraved. It's has killed damn near everything and after shooting pheasants all day I can still lift my arm up.

My one gun is my 20ga, O/U

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Of the ones I own, this if the shtf. Lightweight, reliable, ammo is cheap and it's easy to carry plenty of it. Now if all my guns were to be confiscated except one, I would keep my HKP7.
rug1020tdandcase.jpg

Back