Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Preview Thread

I'll be interested to hear what you think of this Jman. This would be one that I would be seriously interested in.

That's a lot of choices!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

This might be the one for me! I've vad the same driver for 8 years now, it's time for it to go!

I'm with you guys in that I thought the deep blue in the bba815 was the best finish I've seen to date. I don't mind the matte black finish, but it's not my favorite.

Jman or JB, the weight in the middle of the sole, is that interchangeable? If so what would be the benefits of doing so?

The weight on the middle of the sole will not be offered in different weights.

Great to read the excitement from everyone on the new Driver.

From what I was told previously, The Ultimate Super Villain himself, Mr. Finley will be playing this driver.

Is this the driver that won you the Ely cup?

From what I was told previously, The Ultimate Super Villain himself, Mr. Finley will be playing this driver.

Will be? More like IS! So good.

Will be? More like IS! So good.

I remember the conversation in your office.
JB: You playing the DBD on the new release?
JF: No, the Great Big Bertha is perfect.

I remember the conversation in your office.
JB: You playing the DBD on the new release?
JF: No, the Great Big Bertha is perfect.

Love all our products, just some more than others! 816 Fairway so I have both models covered.

In fact it is!
I feel like that needs to be added to the release information.

I'm beyond excited about this driver and all the adjustability it offers to aid a quality fitter in getting it dialed in.

Question for you, though, with as innovative as the gravity core is, why not put it in every release? Assuming a cost thing, or do some models just not benefit as much as others due to the way they're built?

The amount of different shaft options seems to pretty much require a fitting, which is great. So many options.

I want this with a red tie shaft immediately.

I'm beyond excited about this driver and all the adjustability it offers to aid a quality fitter in getting it dialed in.

Question for you, though, with as innovative as the gravity core is, why not put it in every release? Assuming a cost thing, or do some models just not benefit as much as others due to the way they're built?

The Gravity Core is a great Innovation for sure but it is not the only answer to making a great Driver. It is a way and some will benefit from it more than others, and certainly, use it more. Having the weight in the APW will provide not only an excellent way to control dispersion and shot shape but also allows for a more forgiving head with the weight further back while maintaining a Low Center of Gravity.

Using a fixed weight is a great way to keep the weight lower than the ball which is something that much of the masses of golfers needs. I believe you saw how well it worked with the XR and a level of forgiveness that is really strong. I am seeing lateral forgiveness with the GBB that not only rivals, but surpasses that of the 815, which I was not sure was possible in a head I would like.

EDIT: Finley beat me to it.

God having info and interaction straight from the source is just so badass, I love it!!

God having info and interaction straight from the source is just so badass, I love it!!

Until he whips us in the Grandaddy...Then it stings a little. Then again, it will sting a bit less, since you will have a new Great Big Bertha Driver (assumption).

This is awesome!

how many sites do club manufacturers come to drop knowledge (and pimp the site founder)

Having the weight in the APW will provide not only an excellent way to control dispersion and shot shape but also allows for a more forgiving head with the weight further back while maintaining a Low Center of Gravity.
Weight back and low, great combination for us average golfers. Leave that forward CG stuff to the internet golfers and Canadan. :angel:

Until he whips us in the Grandaddy...Then it stings a little. Then again, it will sting a bit less, since you will have a new Great Big Bertha Driver (assumption).
I realize they have history on their side, but let's not put the cart before the horse here predicting another zoo crew victory. The part about the new GBB is likely true though.

This is awesome!

how many sites do club manufacturers come to drop knowledge (and pimp the site founder)

Only Jason Finley is allowed to Pimp me.
Dont tell anybody, but he is actually one of my favorite people in golf to deal with. Shhhh. Dont want to ruin his reputation though.

Only Jason Finley is allowed to Pimp me.
Dont tell anybody, but he is actually one of my favorite people in golf to deal with. Shhhh. Dont want to ruin his reputation though.

You have worked very hard to build that reputation, don't ruin it. And thanks.

Back