Premier League 2009-10 Season

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Thought I'd start a new thread for us few who follow this. The season started a few weeks ago and Manchester City are sitting in fourth place, with 9 points from three games! Undefeated and untied so far. City hosts Arsenal this Saturday, we'll see how that turns out!

My Blues are at the top of the table right now at 4-0-0, 12 points and +8 goal differential. Were one up on Tottenham who has the same record and point, but their goal differential is +7.

GO BLUES!

Actually, last weekend there were no games. So City hosted Arsenal today.

City wins, 4-2. Goes to 4-0-0 with 12 points for the season.

Chelsea moves to solo first in the table with a 2-1 win over Stoke City, while Tottenham drops into a tie for second after a 3-1 loss to Manchester United.

Chelsea moves to solo first in the table with a 2-1 win over Stoke City, while Tottenham drops into a tie for second after a 3-1 loss to Manchester United.

We had to win it in the last breath of the game. I was worried were weren't going to get the winner.

We had to win it in the last breath of the game. I was worried were weren't going to get the winner.

I didn't get to watch the match because of time difference, and I don't get many EPL matches on TV, all I know is it was a 2-1 win! :D

I had to keep track online for the City game. I don't think they are going to be on Fox Soccer Channel again until at least sometime in October. Grrr.

City loses to to United 4-3 after 5-1/2 minutes of 4 minutes of injury time. Just sayin'!

Would have been a great game to watch.

City loses to to United 4-3 after 5-1/2 minutes of 4 minutes of injury time. Just sayin'!

It was a great game to watch!!! I am a Man U maniac, right after Liverpool.

I thought the worst call of the weekend was not giving the penalty to Keane after Carvalio took him down the in box. Poorly called I thought.

I thought the worst call of the weekend was not giving the penalty to Keane after Carvalio took him down the in box. Poorly called I thought.

The referees owe us one after the most poorly refereed game that I can remember, the Champions League semi-final last year versus Barcelona. We Chelsea fans are likely still not over it.

In fairness you are right it was a terrible mis-call.

The referees owe us one after the most poorly refereed game that I can remember, the Champions League semi-final last year versus Barcelona. We Chelsea fans are likely still not over it.

In fairness you are right it was a terrible mis-call.

Tottenham was going to lose anyway, I just thought it would have made the game more interesting if it had been called fairly. Robbie Keane may have been his own worst enemy by not going down at first contact.

Sorry about you being a Chelsea fan, don't they have an ointment for that?:D

I was watching English Premier League wrap up, and they went over everything that was added to stoppage time in the half and the actual stoppage time was supposed to be about 5:30, not 4. It was the right call.

But my Blues remain undefeated with a 3-0 domination over Tottenham, the seasons looking to be a good one, but there's lots of footie left to be played.

Tottenham was going to lose anyway, I just thought it would have made the game more interesting if it had been called fairly. Robbie Keane may have been his own worst enemy by not going down at first contact.

Sorry about you being a Chelsea fan, don't they have an ointment for that?:D

The lack of a penalty changed the direction of the game. Chelsea dominated from that point on.

No ointment necessary we have a Russian billionaire.

Glad to see other football fans on here!! I'm a Liverpool supporter myself. Looks like a Chelsea and Man City fan here...should make for some interesting discussion. I'm looking forward to the League coming back this weekend after the international break.

I would love to be able to follow. Where do you guys watch the games? Your cable provider have them?

I would love to be able to follow. Where do you guys watch the games? Your cable provider have them?

Yeah, I have Comcast cable. We get the Sports Package which comes with Fox Soccer Channel, they show lots of games. ESPN2 has also started picking up games this year. I think they're going to have Aston Villa/Chelsea at 6:45 am Central on Saturday. Should be quality!

Yeah, I have Comcast cable. We get the Sports Package which comes with Fox Soccer Channel, they show lots of games. ESPN2 has also started picking up games this year. I think they're going to have Aston Villa/Chelsea at 6:45 am Central on Saturday. Should be quality!

Cool. I to have Comcast. I just gotta upgrade to the sports pack. Making the call tomorrow. Now I just gotta watch and pick a team to follow. Perhaps one from one of my native lands. :)

+1 on what yonk said. FSC and ESPN2. Seems like once in a while you can catch a game on Fox Sports as well.

Glad to see other football fans on here!! I'm a Liverpool supporter myself. Looks like a Chelsea and Man City fan here...should make for some interesting discussion. I'm looking forward to the League coming back this weekend after the international break.

I'm going to have to thank you guys for helping us vault to the top of the tables :D

I was actually surprised that we surpassed you guys 2-0 after that smashing you put on Hull (with the best goal ever, scored by Gerrard). But even more surprising was United's 2-2 draw with Sunderland, not like I'm complaining :smile:

I'm going to have to thank you guys for helping us vault to the top of the tables :D

I was actually surprised that we surpassed you guys 2-0 after that smashing you put on Hull (with the best goal ever, scored by Gerrard). But even more surprising was United's 2-2 draw with Sunderland, not like I'm complaining :smile:

Yes, yes. It seems to be a good season so far, not just the usual clubs at the top of the table. I loved that United almost lost to Sunderland, although I should be carful as that is who Liverpool has tomorrow.

I have been a Liverpool fan since way back. I also like ManU and Fulham (because of the US players), but I would like to see Chelsea disbanded. If there was ever a bigger crybaby than Drogba, I don't know who it could have been. Even Terry told him to quit rolling around on the ground during the last game I saw. How bad is it when your whining has your mates telling you to knock it off.

Man U fan here....I admit I'm a total band wagoner but they were the first 'football' team I got to see when I was over in England for some time. That was at the height of Beckham-mania

I have been a Liverpool fan since way back. I also like ManU and Fulham (because of the US players), but I would like to see Chelsea disbanded. If there was ever a bigger crybaby than Drogba, I don't know who it could have been. Even Terry told him to quit rolling around on the ground during the last game I saw. How bad is it when your whining has your mates telling you to knock it off.

How about Cristiano Ronaldo? If his moves don't beat you he flies in the air and doing about 3 flips, grabs his ankle in pain, and then gets up a takes the kick with the same "hurt" ankle.

Well, well, well... interesting weekend in the Premier League. You have to watch out for balloons on the pitch, especially in the goal mouth. I'll be hoping the Reds can get things together before Tuesday vs. Lyon. If not Sunday vs. Manure could be tough. We'll have Gerrard back Tuesday and hopefuly Torres by Sunday.

As a Chelsea fan it can at times be tough to watch Drogba. No question, but there is nobody else I would want as striker right now than him. He is big and a handful for any defender. I am willing to put up with the rolling around if he keeps scoring the key goals.

This week we had to lose our traditional game at Aston Villa. Seems like we lose that one every year. There is some major concerns regarding our leaky defense.

Back