Your posture with the driver is much better than with the 8 iron, but I like the swing a lot. I like how you're "over" the ball and I like the shoulder turn a lot. No doubt that you can get after it cb. I think pete made some good points in that "tightening" things up may help you be more precise with that speed.

Nice looking swing though bro.

That is true...if you focus on the negatives and don't think "I can make improvements here!". To me the above sounds a bit like "don't take lessons because you'll get to hear that you're doing it wrong".

Just out of interest, do you know what's best for you in terms of learning? Auditive, visual, kinesthetic etc? I'm very kinesthetic, my coach and I talk about feelings (ha-ha), what kind of feeling I should be experiencing etc. It's always good to know what works best for you. A coach who teaches in the auditive or kinesthetic way is pretty useless if you're very visual and need to see what he means, for example.

Visual is more effective for me. I don't mind being told how things should feel, but show me to. Even things I should relate to is hard for me... For example, feel like you're hitting the ball to right field. Throw me 10 baseballs and I'll put 8-10 to right field, but I can't tell you how I do it, I just do. I try to do the same thing when I'm playing, there's the fairway now hit it. But let's face it good fundamentals increases consistency, increases our odds and brings confidence. With practice knowing I'm doing the right things it makes it easier...

I just submitted my swing online to Jeff Ritter, a Golf Digest 2010/2011 Best Young Teachers. He teaches an athletic swing and has a lot of principles I buy in to... I should hear back in a week and we'll see what he suggests...

http://www.jeffrittergolf.com/

Just got my analysis back from Jeff Ritter... Great stuff! He does a video of what I submitted showing me exactly where I can improve and then he does a video showing you what he would like to see. He even follows it up with some drills to work on. I'm looking forward to working with him again.

Pretty awesome to have one of the Golf Digest Top Young Teachers look at your swing!

Back