Live Update Thread - 2015 Love Is In The Air w/ Cobra Golf

That's aggressive.

Plus you created my favorite phrase ever this weekend.

Spoiler
Vomit out your ass

And let's be honest... She was the live thread MVP during Sunday's round. Even if she sullied my reputation.

Wow. Looks like this would be the early favorite for fastest sell out next. Good thing the current attendees don't get first right of refusal, there would be no openings ��

Wow. Looks like this would be the early favorite for fastest sell out next. Good thing the current attendees don't get forst right of refusal, there would be no openings ?
Totally.

e7ff81ae21e57859e45a86acf14fc287.jpg

We missed the pool bar so much we took a drive over to the grocery store and have made ourselves some piña coladas.

Last edited:
Wow. Looks like this would be the early favorite for fastest sell out next. Good thing the current attendees don't get first right of refusal, there would be no openings ��

for sure...would be honored to go back

What a great weekend!
Here's my recap:

Friday
I made it down to the pool area after playing a short round and my wife is already making friends with Jitzy and his wife.
After picking up some awesome swag and meeting a few THPers at the swag pickup and the bar, we headed over to Kobe Steakhouse. We lucked out an ended up sitting next to Mike Yagley and Rachel Rees from CPG. They were just fantastic! I'm not sure we talked about equipment at all, just family stuff, San Diego, and golf in general.

Saturday
At the range, I got to talk with TO and Mike about some equipment things, like the major differences between the Fly-Z and Fly-Z+ fairways and hybrids. Most of the differences are in the size of the heads and the lofts. The Fly-Z+ models are a little smaller with slightly lower lofts. As others have mentioned, the flight scope wasn't out. Its the 2nd time I've had a chance to hit the hybrids and they were just as easy to hit this time. Nice high bombs! I'm thinking my 4I will be getting replaced very soon with one of these. I also hit the drivers. Its just an optical illusion to me, but the shaft looks shorter than my current driver setup at address, which mentally gives me more confidence. Also, much like Mike Yagley and some others have mentioned, the Fly-Z driver suits me better than the Fly-Z+. As soon as I get fitted, I'll be giving my specs to my wife for any future (mid-June) gifting. :)

It was my pleasure to get to play with PhillyV on both days. On Saturday, we were paired with Howzat and TO and were last ones to tee off. I had one of my best nines ever on the front, but reverted to my normal game on the back nine. PhillyV got his driver going mid round. Also, we had a couple of Vegas games going and I think at least one of us parred every hole on the front nine. Howzat was rolling his Cure pretty well for not having it in the bag that long and TO was gaming a prototype putter as well. It rained on us a few times during the round, which was pretty cool for me since I don't ever play in the rain here in Phoenix.

After the round we headed for hotel and the pool. About the time I was going to get in the pool, it started raining. I figured what the heck, I was already going to get wet, so I jumped in. Lots of other THPers had the same thought, so there were a bunch of us in the pool including TO.

Buffet dinner at the Villa was a lot of fun. We sat at a table with Jitsy, Toad, CBaker, Sudseh, Buckets, and Golds. The food was great and getting to know a bunch of THPers and their SOs was even better.

Sunday
We played with PhillyV & kortneyV, and Gizmo and his wife. That 25 footer kortneyV made on 7 was awesome! It was probably going 4 feet past the hole if it didn't go in. Like JB said, PhillyV was still trying to line it up for her when she went ahead and hit it. The wives in our group definitely played better than the guys, but everyone had a lot of fun.

After it was all over, it felt like I just got done playing a weekend of golf with a bunch of long time golfing buddies. Everyone I had a chance to spend any time talking to was awesome. I wish there had been time meet and talk with everyone. I couldn't have picked a better first time event and my wife is already talking about LIITA for next year!!!

Thanks again to Josh and Morgan, the CPG team, and all the LIITA THPers (SOs included)!!!

From Sunday's round: me, PhillyV, and Gizmo

405506ec-b8f8-49f4-be0b-d2e4253124cd_zpszfrxlwqe.jpg~original

Yes, Flightscope was not out because it tracks ball flight and a range that ends at 195 would not have helped too much.

Yes, Flightscope was not out because it tracks ball flight and a range that ends at 195 would not have helped too much.
That range was every bit of 260, and I was flying my 4 wood into the trees. #InternetGolfer

Seriously though, that range is dangerous. I hit a poor drive on 1, and had several balls come crashing through the trees and land near me on Sunday, including one in the middle of my backswing.

Live Update Thread - 2015 Love Is In The Air w/ Cobra Golf

What an event. What a weekend. There are so many things I'll take away from this trip that will last with me for a long time. There was so much anticipation for this event leading up to it that it almost felt like it was never gonna get here. A huge thank you to JB, Morgan, Mike Dean and Cobra/Puma for putting this thing together. It really was first class the entire way.

Friday morning I woke up around 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. Our flight didn't leave Akron until 12:30pm so we had a ton of time to kill. After Kortney and I stopped for breakfast we headed to pick up Dave and Shelly and were on our way to the airport to begin our vacation. This was going to be the first time my wife has been away from the kids for more than a day plus it was her first flight so I wasn't too sure how she was going to handle it but I gotta say I'm very impressed. Even with a shaky landing she handled everything like a champ! When we got to the resort and checked in to our room we headed down to meet with JB and Morgan and get our CPG swag and it was awesome. Kort said a few times on the course how great the shoes felt! And I love the dice headcover I got and it's going to look great on the new driver.

Dinner Friday night at Kobe steakhouse was a blast. I had never been to anything like that before so the entire experience was just fun. And apparently I forgot it was my birthday but a good friend who couldn't make the trip didn't. And yes I kept the hat haha

Saturday morning at the range was great. Waldorf is such a great course. The treatment each and every one of us got was something I had never experienced before. A beautiful range, challenging yet beautiful lay out of the course and just being with the group of people I was with made it that much more special. Tanker, Howzat and TO were an absolute pleasure to share a round with. It's not every day you get to tee it up with the guy responsible for some of the greatest drivers ever created. Oh and the proto Poulter putter was legit too. Thanks fellas for a great round!

One of the coolest parts of the trip was dinner Saturday night at Villa. Mike Yagley joined our table for dinner and sat to my right and was about as cool as could be. We talked about how he went from designing aircrafts for Boeing to golfballs and how golfballs were actually harder to design. And the Rule 35 (which I loved) was his first ball he made for Callaway which I thought was pretty neat. He took the hard questions, gave great answers and then asked us questions as consumers about what Cobra can do to improve market share. Then he proceeded to talk to our entire table just about life in general. A very cool experience.

Sunday's round of golf is one I will never forget. Ever. Kortney had only been on a course once and it was a quick 9 holes. She did keep saying leading up to this event that "I got this" and boy was she right. Once JB told us on the range what the contest was and what yardage we were playing at, I went right back to my bag and hit nothing but 8 irons the rest of the time. Once we got to the 7th tee the group in front of us was yet to tee off. Winchell was in that group and we have probably played at least 100 rounds of golf together back home and once I saw he hit an 8 iron and was in great position, I felt sick because I know he's about a half club to a full club longer than me. We scoped the flag and got 163 and I knew I couldn't go long. Long was jail on literally every hole. So I stepped up to the tee with an 8 iron in my hand knowing I was going to have to hit a perfect shot to give Kort two chances at making a putt. I have never been so nervous standing over a golfball haha but I gave it my best swing and it was all over the flag. It was just a matter of if I gave it enough to hold the green. Once I saw it come to rest on the green I felt pure relief until JB told me I left it on the first tier and then I was nervous for Kort. We got to the ball and I placed it down with the big black line right on the line I felt the putt was going to break. I went to look at it from behind the hole and it looked like Kort was lined up way right so I tried to stop her. I said wait wait wait and took maybe three steps towards her and boom she putts it anyways. About five feet into the roll it looked perfect. I put my hands up, JB says "this one looks good" and BUCKETS! I was so proud of her! So happy that I won the driver and couldn't have asked for a better moment. I guess we can say KortneyV is #OutingApproved!

Thanks again thp for a weekend I will never forget!

Last edited:
Recap:

Wife and i made this a trip to celebrate our 7th anniversary that occurred on May 4th. We left Thurs morning and after getting the rental car went to City Walk at Universal and hung out for a couple hours and ate at Hard Rock. Then we headed to the hotel, started unpacking and exploring the resort. We discovered Golds(Matt) and his fiancee Gina were also at the resort and tried to meet up but they were already gone over to Downtown Disney so we agreed to meet up on Friday for breakfast. Paula(my wife) and i hit up Wreckers sports bar for dinner, then went back to the room and chilled.

Friday: Met Matt and Gina near the elevator and went to IHOP. We hit it off pretty quick like we had known each other for years...Paula was nervous about meeting new people, but she became comfortable pretty quickly. After breakfast we headed to Publix to pick up some beverages and other items, headed back to the hotel and then kicked back at the pool. We met Sudseh and his wife Sofie a little later at the pool. We hung out there for awhile then hit up Wreckers for quick bite to hold over until dinner at Kobe. You will see in many posts and recaps Wreckers was a favorite spot to hang for many of the couples.

We headed downstairs just after 5 to get the swag and meet a bunch of THPers and see some familiar faces. Headed back to the room to check out the swag and chill before heading to dinner. We show up at Kobe and a bunch of THPers are chilling in the lobby waiting to be seated. Got to meet jitzy, erky, toad, cbaker and canes along with their SOs. We sat at the table with TO, bucketsofjoy and his wire, Troyefl and his wife...Mike, Rachel and Jaime Lyn from Cobra were at the other end of the table. Had great conversation with Troy and the knowledge bombs dropped by TO were just awesome, but most of the conversation with him was focused on daily life and everyones hobbies, sports teams, family. Just so cool and TO is a down to earth conversation.

After we left the restaurant Matt, Gina, Sudseh, Sofie went to the pool area and hung out in the hot tub, saw bucketsofjoy, phillyv and their spouses at the pool.

Saturday wake up and go get breakfast with Matt then head over to Waldorf where we were treated amazingly and hit the range. Met all of the THPers who i didn't meet the day before and Mike from Cobra. Had a blast on the range hitting the cobra gear, talking with everyone and listening to Mike drop some knowledge to some of the guys. Played with Golds and Gizmo3putt. We all seemed to struggle most of the round with some shots and were finding either water or sand on a regular basis, but we had a fun round at a great but challenging course.

We get back to the hotel and head down to the pool area where many of the SOs had been hanging most of the day and partaking in some adult beverages and many of the guys were hanging in the pool. As mentioned before we had some rain hit while in the pool but that didn't affect anyone and we just stayed in the pool for while. had some great bonding time before everyone headed up to get ready for dinner.

Dinner at Villa was amazing. There was so much food it was hard to figure out what to eat first and how many times to go back up. sat with phillyv, kourtneyv, davidwinchell, shelly, Mike from cobra. Caeleric and his wife, Mward and his wife and Gregdan along with his wife were at the table. phillyv summed up the conversation well with Mike and i was so wrapped up in talking with these guys i only made two trips to the buffet and then last minute grabbed some desert. Mike is another down to earth guy and just talking about every day stuff was just as cool as learning about his experiences in the golf industry and the knowledge he shared.

Sunday was the round with the spouses. the range wasn't as busy as saturday but the putting green was filled with THPers and their spouses practicing. We heard about the contest when we got to the course and again from JB before the first hole. Nerves started kicking in even more at this point and we talked about it each hole and were counting down each hole. I don't think i had ever been that nervous on a tee shot before and knew i had to make a good swing to give Paula a chance to make par. Hit one of my best shots of the round on that hole and was heading right at the pin. Had 10' left and then started feeling even more nervous for Paula. With a small hint at how hard to hit the putt she executed perfectly and left a few inches left for the easy tap in. She turns to me and says mission accomplished. The round with DavidWinchell/Shelly, Tbaker34/Danielle was a blast. We saw lots of crazy lies and interesting putting, but it was a good time and a fun rournd...i enjoyed this round a bunch.

We head back to the hotel and try to get some pool time in but mother nature didn't want to cooperate...so we headed back to the room and ended up going to Agave Azul for some authentic mexican food with Sudseh/Sofie, Gizmo3putt and his wife, Matt/Gina. Great food, lots of laughs and good time was had that night.

Monday is the day we planned to leave, Paula and I went to downtown disney to get some stuff for my nephews, spend some time before heading to the airport. after lunch at House of Blues we head to the airport. At the airport we run into Davd, Shelly, Phillyv, kortney and suffer through the horribleness of MCO TSA. We get to our gate and 30 mins before boarding are told that we are on a weather delay in Baltimore with an update expected in about an hour. We start boarding the plane at 730, everyone is on we pull away from the gate, sit there for a few minutes then the pilot comes on to say ATC is rerouting us towards Atlanta and we need to put on extra fuel to ensure we get to Baltimore and need to go back to the gate. we wait for ground ops to prep the gate, pull up. at this point some people get off because they are going to have issues with connecting flights in baltimore, after waiting for another 30 mins or so more people exit the plane. Just before 9 we are told that we are now on a weather delay in orlando and that they can't put fuel on the plane and it doesn't look like we will make it to baltimore before 11pm. around 930 we are told that the plane is not going to baltimore anymore and only the passengers going to albany should remain on the plane. We all exit and go to the customer service desk for our gate. wait for more than an hour before finding out that if we had gone to the gate where the 8:50 flight was leaving from we had a chance of getting on via standby w/o our luggage. That upset a whole bunch of us. We were booked on a flight for Tuesday afternoon. Mother nature apparently didn't want us to leave as we almost got delayed in orlando again as a storm was moving in.

We made it home last night. Woke up Monday and realized that would be the first day of the trip that we wouldn't see any THPers or play golf, then Tuesday it was that we were heading home and was missing all the good people i met and hung out with over the weekend. The happiness came back this morning when i remember in just over a week i will be hanging out with 59 THPers again and playing some golf with them.

Most importantly I just want to say THANK YOU to JB and GG for the dinner on Friday, the stuff they did for the SOs and for such an awesome event. It was above and beyond what I expected. Also a big thank you to Mike, TO, Rachel, Jaime Lynn from Cobra for being such awesome people and being a part of this event.

e95ecb3b9c0608443cdb47e47b432103.jpg

Such a tease. I need to find those Citrus ones.

I don't think we got any of the citrus ones. However, they didn't last long so I can't be sure

The cookies n cream, white chocolate and the peanut butter...all equally heaven

We have a small amount left over and by small amount I mean it was larger before I got my hands on it. Suffice it to say that I am on a complete Lindt diet.

We have a small amount left over and by small amount I mean it was larger before I got my hands on it. Suffice it to say that I am on a complete Lindt diet.
I can sadly say you have more left than me in that pic alone, my wife is not to happy with me. Lolol

So my recap of this event:

It was incredible! End of recap.

Just kidding...the event was everything we hoped for and more. I haven't been on the site too awfully long, but have basically been boring the GF about since I did join. So I wanted to show her what it was all about and was unbelievably excited when we got in.

Sorry in advance for it being so long, but there is so much I could say about this event. It was that good.

Friday: we were already down in FL on Thursday, so all we had to do was drive over from the east coast to the resort, and let me tell you...the resort is huge. We kinda got lost trying to get to the front desk but when we finally did it was easy peasy and we ended up having a top floor room with a balcony. Awesome view and I know I posted pictures of it before, but here's a refresher.

332e668fec6ee300da78a82c5c5fb9c1.jpg

After we checked in and snapped a few pics of the sweet view, we headed straight for the adult only pool and ended up meeting up with the Howzat's and the Jitzy's. Great meeting them and yet again awesome THPer's (that seems to be the theme). Hung out on the pool for a little bit and then headed back to go out to pick up swag and go to dinner.

Swag was incredible. Emily loved her shoes and the chocolates and champagne were an awesome touch for an event titled "love is in the air".

Kobe was awesome, so much fun and sat with the Cane's (who we actually met along with the Tanker's at wreckers before dinner) PhillyV/KourtneyV, the DaveWinchell's, the Gizmo's and JB. The hibachi chef killed it and it was a blast just shooting the breeze with everyone.

17112d80e75a84cc3ec2024ce5bfd5a1.jpg

Saturday was a spa day for the ladies and the first golf day for the guys. I hear the spa was nice but apparently they didn't appreciate Emilys current gel polish? I don't know what that means.

Anyways, back to stuff I know about. Waldorf Astoria was fantastic. I got there and this was the first view I see walking out of the clubhouse...

14f34212c731edb6e022e7c68159ef69.jpg

So it was off to a great start. The staff there got my bag on the right cart, but I didn't really tell them anything so how they did that was beyond me. I guess based off my last name they made an educated guess. The range was in fantastic condition and tried out a few of Cobras new offerings, which I was really impressed with the Flyz+ irons. Very nice and look way better in person. For the round I shared it with Tbaker34 and Sudseh and we had a great time going around and letting the course take all of our golf balls and dignity. Course was beautiful though.

Saturday night dinner was at Villa de Flora in the hotel, and it was a buffet so we did some damage. Food was good for buffet style dining, but the company was even better. We sat with the Toads, the Jitzy's, the Sudseh's, the Tankers, the Golds, and I believe the Buckets. The table was an absolute riot and trading stories with everyone was so much fun. The people you meet at these events really put them over the top.

Sunday's round was so much fun. Played with my girlfriend Emily, Mike Yagley and JLD, GregDan and his wife, and Caeleric and his wife. Both the guys and the girls were great and I think everyone had a good time. Well except for #7. I probably struck the ball for the opening 9 some of the best I ever have. Even with a couple of Emilys 3 putts we still managed a 45. Yagley and JLD shared some mimosas with everyone at the turn, which was greatly appreciated. My game took a turn around hole 11/12 and started going downhill fast. Don't know if it was the heat or what, but I think we somehow snuck a few pars in the last 5 holes but other than that it was bad. I did end up chipping in from off the green 3 times though, which was nice.

Hole #7: I don't really get nervous on tee shots often, but this was definitely one. Par and win a driver, open to anyone. Such a generous competition and it allowed us to all support each other instead of playing against everyone. I hit my tee shot the slightest bit fat and knew it right away, but still held dead on the flag the whole time. After seeing it land I was hoping I came up short of the green but alas I did not. Got up to the green and was on by a foot, leaving Emily with an extremely difficult two putt. If I would have hit my tee shot clean it would have ended up being VERY good, so I only have myself to blame for missing out, especially considering in the end Emily's second putt missed by inches.

This event was so much fun and everything I would have wanted out of it and more. I can't thank JB/GG/MD441/and Cobra/Puma enough for putting it on. But also, I'd like to personally thank everyone else at the event for helping make it truly special. Today is our last day in Florida since we extended it to see family, and it will be sad to see it go. I truly hope this event continues on, and anyone wavering on it, just do it.

I know I am missing out on some stuff because there was just so much, so hopefully someone else's recap can catch it. But man this was so much fun.

Back