Annika Hosting Something Special

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Hall of Fame golfer Annika Sorenstam will serve as celebrity host, guest of honor and even the chef de partie at a special benefit for the ANNIKA Foundation to be held Oct. 14, 2009 at Fiddler's Elbow Country Club in Bedminster Township, N.J.

The ANNIKA Experience at Fiddler's Elbow Country Club is designed to satisfy the appetite for great golf, as well as treat guests to fabulous food and exquisite wine - while Annika will be making her first public golf appearance as a new mother. Annika and husband Mike McGee are expecting their first child early this fall.

Annika is eager to share her love of the game and showcase the ANNIKA Foundation, which she formed to teach children the importance of living a healthy, active lifestyle through fitness and nutrition.

"I am very excited about our event this fall at Fiddler's Elbow Country Club," Annika commented. "I look forward to sharing my passion for golf, gourmet food, and fine wine, while creating awareness about my Foundation's goal of getting all of our kids healthy and fit again."

The October festivities will combine a golf clinic conducted by the 72-time LPGA champion, 18 holes of friendly competition and an extraordinary culinary experience at a dinner-auction featuring several celebrated chefs and winemakers.

Special guests include popular golf broadcaster Jennifer Mills, who will be facilitating the clinic and serving as emcee for the evening program, and celebrity chefs. A budding chef herself, Annika has promised to provide a little Swedish flavor to the event.

The post-round fare, Tastes of the Garden State, will highlight the abundant, locally- grown produce and meats, presented by award-winning regional chefs at various stations. Don't be surprised if Annika tries her hand at assisting some of the featured chefs, or creates a dish of her own!

The wine tasting will showcase ANNIKA, her premium Syrah that debuted in May 2009 in partnership with Wente Vineyards. An elegant Northern California offering, ANNIKA is comprised of 75 percent Livermore Valley Syrah, 15 percent Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley and, and fittingly, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon from the vines growing through The Course at Wente Vineyards in Livermore Valley. Regional wineries have also been invited to participate.

And the wedding was January 8 or something?

::counting on fingers::

Back