Oddball Stuff On LET Coverage Last Night

darnall

Reaction score
Handicap
Couldn't sleep last night... golf channel had live Ladies Euro Tour coverage on...better than the infomercial for the new Hammer putter so I watched...

I had only had it on for a minute when the 3rd approach shot to a green with lots of undulation hit, stopped, then slowly rolled backwards down a slope...stopping because it touched a ball that was already on...the male commentator said "Look there (they're) KISSING BALLS.... the female commentator started to say something and you could almost hear the spit take when she abruptly shut up...and I woke my wife up as I was unable to control my laughter volume.

Then just as it was about over, Laura Davies opted to build herself a TURF TEE to hit driver on 18.. she took a wedge, hammered it into the ground towards herself...fluffed the divot up and set the ball on it. That one wouldn't hold a ball still so she made another one. Obviously my question is WHY??? Is it because she was otherwise playing like crap on a course she should have an advantage on and needed to do something to get people to notice her or would there be a legitimate reason a turf tee would be a better option than a real tee?

Overall... my gosh I couldn't believe how different it was watching an LET event versus an LPGA event...such a different vibe...hard to explain for sure.

Davies always does that. She hammers the ball too.

Davies always does that. She hammers the ball too.

She sure does... and I guess instead of saying "playing like crap" I should have said her putting wasn't working at all.

I like her style

103650514-canadian-womens-open-round-one-gettyimages.jpg

Gotta figure she puts some low launch/high spin numbers on the ball with that method. Obviously works fine for her, but a very interesting choice.

Anyone know why she does it? It just seems like it would be kinda pointless to me haha could just use a tee

Back