Will We hear from Harry Today

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From the Seattle Times

Police describe it as a sad, sudsy caper: The beer bash by brewery workers that got busted.

But plans for a secret drinking fest at a popular SoDo brewery got smashed when police arrested several brewery workers and their friends who'd slipped into the Pyramid Alehouse after-hours early today.

Now, four men and a woman are in the King County Jail, facing burglary charges.

"Apparently, the group had been frequenting some clubs in Pioneer Square last night," Seattle Police spokeswoman Reneé Witt said today. "After the bars closed, it looks like they went back (to Pyramid) to continue drinking."

Members of the group, which included at least three current or former alehouse employees, "left a window unlocked intentionally so they could gain entry," Witt said.

One man in the group was crawling through the window about 2:20 a.m. when a passer-by happened along and spotted him.

That person, in turn, called 911 to report the apparent brewery break-in, noting several other people also were seen filing into the closed brew house across from Safeco Field on First Avenue South.

Officers arrived quickly with a K-9 unit, set up a perimeter around the brewery, and went inside, Witt said.

"They located five individuals, and all were detained without incident," she said.

Although the beer house — which includes a brewery, restaurant, bar and the company's corporate headquarters — suffered no damages or losses, at least some of their employees may be looking for work soon. Pyramid officials, who are now helping police with the investigation, will decide how to respond to the matter at a later time, company president Mike Brown said today.

"Once all the information is in, we'll make an appropriate decision based on the facts," Brown said.

On advice of counsel, I am declining to comment at this time.

On advice of counsel, I am declining to comment at this time.

I would ask if you at least had pants on when you crawled through the window but I know what that answer will be. :laugh:

Maybe we need to start a Seattle crime thread.

Maybe we need to start a Seattle crime thread.
Its not a crime, but PETA is trying to stop the fish throwing at the Pikes Place Fish Market. It was in the LA Times this morning.

Its not a crime, but PETA is trying to stop the fish throwing at the Pikes Place Fish Market. It was in the LA Times this morning.

But the fish are already dead. :question: :confused2:

Here is the link
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-flying-fish13-2009jun13,0,7652933.story
And my favorite quote from the story.
They argue that tourists would not be nearly so eager to snap photos if dead kittens or gutted lambs were sailing over their heads.

Well, we don't eat kittens, so that's not really a good analogy. But I bet tourists would absolutely take photos of lambs flying through the air.

I actually support a lot of what PETA does, but news articles always manage to quote the crazy extremists. And some of the causes the members choose to support/oppose sometimes baffles me. Granted, this is clearly a publicity stunt to get them in the news so they can hopefully get people to think about issues like eating animals.

But PETA really fails to comprehend sometimes that these silly protests, while getting them noticed, might turn off some of the middle-of-the-road people who might otherwise support some of PETA's causes, like the push to stop the wearing of fur for fashion.

Given your avatar, which I assume is a portrait, I can see why fashionable fur would be a sensitive issue for you.

PETA has turned into a borderline extremist group. I support much of what they stand for but there constant need to get noticed with extremes is over the top.

This is an organization that wanted to protest the Green Bay Packers because the name was derived from the original meat packing plant. Insanity.

Oh heck, they wanted New York State to change the name of the Fishkill river. "Kill" is Dutch for creek.

Back