Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Wedges Review

Thinking more about this wedge and one thing I do not like is how the finish starts to wear only after a few rounds. I have noticed wear on the face (of course) and the bottom.

1728c99a6f47991c16956c200d5b41db.jpg

So these wedges in blue or black with some Pearl White KBS shafts?

YESSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSS
Blue with red grips. Folds of Honor wedge set. :D

YESSSSSSSSSS
Thats what I'm thinking. These wedges in black will look fantastic with pearl white shafts and black grips

I love the feel of new wedges! Cutting a nice divot. Seeing the spin of fresh sharp grooves. I can wait to carve one up on the range at True Blue! No idea which I'll go with at this point. I like satin, but if blue is on the list, you never know I may get bold and try something different.

I love the feel of new wedges! Cutting a nice divot. Seeing the spin of fresh sharp grooves. I can wait to carve one up on the range at True Blue! No idea which I'll go with at this point. I like satin, but if blue is on the list, you never know I may get bold and try something different.
hard to not go with matching black for me, but I agree, I can't wait to get these wedges into play with the custom shafts and grips

I think about these wedges frequently. 54* and 58* in satin would be super tasty. Loved the one I was able to spend some time with last month.

Assuming these are the wedge options, I am going to have to go with the satin finish. I love blue and black, but they don't come in the lofts I need.

Assuming these are the wedge options, I am going to have to go with the satin finish. I love blue and black, but they don't come in the lofts I need.
I'm bringing the bending machine in the trunk....

Put mine in play for the first time last time out. I have played alot of different wedges and I can't remember liking one more. The shape, size and weighting are absolutely perfect for what I like in a wedge. It's no secret how much I love my Hopkins 50 degree but it has been removed from my bag.

Put mine in play for the first time last time out. I have played alot of different wedges and I can't remember liking one more. The shape, size and weighting are absolutely perfect for what I like in a wedge. It's no secret how much I love my Hopkins 50 degree but it has been removed from my bag.

i haven't been able to bring myself to put them in play. Nick did such a great job and the look so good.

i haven't been able to bring myself to put them in play. Nick did such a great job and the look so good.
Haha it was reluctant but I figure why not use it. Now I want 2 more.

I was tempted to buy two others to play so I can keep the two looking new. What is feel and spin like on ot with full and half shots?
I am not generally a high spin player but I had a bunch of chips that checked up nicely for me. At least half shots that checked up nicely as well which is not normally something I am able to do. I was really really impressed. I don't generally say that about equipment.

I am not generally a high spin player but I had a bunch of chips that checked up nicely for me. At least half shots that checked up nicely as well which is not normally something I am able to do. I was really really impressed. I don't generally say that about equipment.

Nice...just as I'm starting to get used to my RTX 2.0s and now I want to put these in play.

Can anyone compare these to the Callaway MD2 Tour Grind?

What sole did you get on the wedge?

What sole did you get on the wedge?
23eeb1b410c3536a20f12918f54faebe.jpg

I didn't realize there were different sole options to be honest. Above is what I have.

I was so excited to get the blue wedges, but after seeing yours in the tour frosted finish, I am totally ok with my choice. That finish has a lot more loft options than the blue or black ones.

I was so excited to get the blue wedges, but after seeing yours in the tour frosted finish, I am totally ok with my choice. That finish has a lot more loft options than the blue or black ones.
The finish is awesome. Absolutely love it.

I personally like the frosted better, having seen the blue in person. The blue is quite ostentatious, where the frosted is just classy.

Damnit I want some of these haha

23eeb1b410c3536a20f12918f54faebe.jpg

I didn't realize there were different sole options to be honest. Above is what I have.

there is tour grind and traditional. Not sure what the differences are other than maybe size. Either way they are great and look sweet

there is tour grind and traditional. Not sure what the differences are other than maybe size. Either way they are great and look sweet
The review in the first post by Dan gives some explanation of the different sole options

First swing of the 60 and I put it 5 feet from the hole. So far so good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really dialing in the 56 and man it just performs. I really like the performance from the bunkers.

Back