Membership or just play anywhere

I enjoy having a membership. I get to play as much or as little as i want, i live the dream though, wife works and i stay home and take care of the little one. If my daughter isn't happy then we go or if the weather looks bad we go. I don't feel as though i have to finish a round if i start one. it's like having ur cake and eating it too.

I would love to have a membership but there are no reasonable rates to be had so I will just play multiple courses until a club with affordable rates comes around

Both are good options depending on what someone wants.
If they are getting a membership to a country club strictly for golf and to try and save money, it will not work out in most cases.
However if they enjoy the social side of the club, and having fixed games weekly it can really be worth it.

I agree with JB. Membership means good discounts and the best tee times at my course.

I enjoy having a membership. I get to play as much or as little as i want, i live the dream though, wife works and i stay home and take care of the little one. If my daughter isn't happy then we go or if the weather looks bad we go. I don't feel as though i have to finish a round if i start one. it's like having ur cake and eating it too.

Thats close to me too, after my father in law passed we moved so no house note, no car notes, wife teaches full time, I teach elementary kids basic golf twice a week for an hour, rest of time is mine.

I've done both - When I was growing up we were members at a club and I kept my membership for a while into my late 20's. Since then I've just played various public courses. What I miss most - by far - are the various games you could get into with the golf association at the club. Almost every weekend there was something going on - Skins, Low Net/Gross, 2-man, etc. That just doesn't exist if you're playing a different course every time.

Id prefer to be a club member. However the local courses here are asking too much for a membership in my oppinion for the course. So for now I play by the round untill one day I relocate

Im in the same boat. Memberships are rather costly in my area. Well too rich for my blood. Also there are 5-8 public ciurses within 15-20 mins of where I live so I tend to play here and there when I have the time and dough. But one course I enjoy is Northwoods due to their cheaper rates as well as they are close to the area I grew up in

Im in the same boat. Memberships are rather costly in my area. Well too rich for my blood. Also there are 5-8 public ciurses within 15-20 mins of where I live so I tend to play here and there when I have the time and dough. But one course I enjoy is Northwoods due to their cheaper rates as well as they are close to the area I grew up in

Exact same here. There are 5 courses within 30 minutes that are a decent price. When ubask about memberships, your jaw drops.

I would consider a muni type membership or golf only, but I really like course variety and with the numerous avenues available to get deals on tee times I think I will stick with pay to play.

Back