Filppu

Reaction score
Handicap
HELLO!
I have played golf for 10 years, typically 5-10 rounds per year, but i have just now started getting serious. i think overall i have played 100 rounds. I wanna be high 70s player summer 2015, now im mid 80s. My best round is 82, but past 5 rounds ive played less than 90. Im inconsistent, and often few high scores ruins my round.
I think mostly i need to get more consistent. Especially my drives get me in the trouble every now and then because i hit it very far. Im 6'5 tall so i have high clubhead speed. Typical ball flight with irons is draw, but my driver is quite inconsistent ranging from 250 to 300 yards.
What im looking for is some tips and exercises that i could do to get more consistent swing and to take my game to next level. I need to work on my game during summers, because winter is long here in finland and i play basketball on semi pro level, so winters are full of basketball.

Thanks in advance! Really grateful for all the help i can get! ps. video is about 11 months old, cuz i did it last summer. I just havent had time to work on my game during this past year, so my swing is exactly the same..

Take whatever I say with a grain of salt but here's my go;

- You have a fairly good sense of balance throughout the swing, good bend in the legs and a rather nice power-V on your backswing (contributing to your long striking I'm sure)
- Try to shorten your swing a bit, the longer the swings the more room for error. There's a pretty good exercise for taking the club back and up, using a medicine ball grab it with both hands and act as you are addressing the ball, then take it up as if you were "swinging". I've noticed that this will stop at just about the area most people would want to, you will notice that you cannot take it as far back as if you were taking your club back in these videos.
- Last bit of advice I would say is to slow the process down, find a nice, steady tempo -

Not much else on the gym note, just keep in shape and do a lot of balance workouts, trying to build up too much muscle if you are not exactly certain what to do can harm you (in terms of golf)

Again, these are opinions, take what works and get rid of the rest!

Thanks for the reply.. Yes i think im rushing too much during the swing.. Finding a better, calm tempo might help me with my inconsistency. Good tip!
Not sure if agree with shortening the swing tho.. I dont think its that long. My shaft is horizontal at its peak, and that should be fine right?
Yes year ago i had just went through a hard 3 month workout plan, that gained me 15 pounds of muscle mostly on upper body. i noticed that it slowed me down on the basketball court so i have slimmed down about 10 pounds from the video. :)
Thanks a lot for reply and i will try the medicine ball workout. Still waiting for more replys :)

Tadashi, do you have any comments or critics? :)

Have you been fit for clubs or are you playing standard?

How many putts do you average per round?

Hi! No i havent been fit, but i have been playing with my dads old deep reds that are longer than normal.. Maybe 1 inch longer than standard. Clubs are 14 years old so i bought new clubs on monday and i received them today. They are Cobra AMP cell pro:s with 1 inch longer shaft. Im taking them on the range today and test them. If they are too hard for me ill send them back to golfbidder.com. If i can hit them good ill get them fitted for me.
My average putting is propably 36-40? I just downloaded the golf scorecard on my phone and im goign to start using that to get data about my GIR's and putts.

I advise you send them back. Don't hit them and get your coin back. Go get a fitting and a lesson. I say this because you have far too much flex in the knees and too much bend in the waist. Take advantage of your height and leverage that comes with it.

The swing looks good and should remain the same once you adjust the posture. I belive standing taller will give you more room to swing and give you great results. Now that being said, if you want to play in your current posture, you can. If you do, then you don't need to adjust the clubs

Watch this video from Pat O'Brien. The SPI method is such a solid method to follow. It will knock shots off you game.

Hi! No i havent been fit, but i have been playing with my dads old deep reds that are longer than normal.. Maybe 1 inch longer than standard. Clubs are 14 years old so i bought new clubs on monday and i received them today. They are Cobra AMP cell pro:s with 1 inch longer shaft. Im taking them on the range today and test them. If they are too hard for me ill send them back to golfbidder.com. If i can hit them good ill get them fitted for me.
My average putting is propably 36-40? I just downloaded the golf scorecard on my phone and im goign to start using that to get data about my GIR's and putts.

First of all, thank you so much for your feedback. Highly apprecated!
Well, i read ur comment too Late and went to range with the blades.. Oh boy :banghead: Yes, i will send them back hahha. Good thing golfbidder allowes you to test clubs first. :) ill Mail them back first thing on monday.
thanks for the video. I will start using that. So are my clubs too short for me, causing my knee flex and waist bend? And fi i get custom fit and longer shafts, that should help me with my swing?

Back