KBS Updates Online Fit System

If this tool taught me anything, it's that I don't know my game as well as I thought I knew my game. I am unable to answer certain questions with tons of confidence. What is my tempo like? I honestly have no idea, but I think it's moderate. Maybe it's fast? I know it's not slow. What is my ball flight like? Sort of medium? Maybe high? Do I take the club vertical or parallel? Feels like vertical, but I think it's parallel. The fact that my 6 iron distance falls right in the middle of two important distance ranges just makes it all the more confusing for me.

I guess I have to go get fitted or get something and stick with it.

If this tool taught me anything, it's that I don't know my game as well as I thought I knew my game. I am unable to answer certain questions with tons of confidence. What is my tempo like? I honestly have no idea, but I think it's moderate. Maybe it's fast? I know it's not slow. What is my ball flight like? Sort of medium? Maybe high? Do I take the club vertical or parallel? Feels like vertical, but I think it's parallel. The fact that my 6 iron distance falls right in the middle of two important distance ranges just makes it all the more confusing for me.

I guess I have to go get fitted or get something and stick with it.

This * 100

If this is a silly question I appologize, but is the main difference between Tour 90 and Tour V the higher launch and higher spin? I feel like I might benefit from the tour 90 even though the tool gives me Tour V-S. Might have to try and find someone who has both within the next week or so
So I went from the Tour V Stiff you had in those Apexes to the Tour 90 Regular. The clubs feel a lot lighter, I'm actually feeling the shaft load with my red tee swing, and I'm seeing a higher ball flight. If you want to launch higher or have lighter clubs overall, go with the 90s. Otherwise you've already got experience with the V's.

So I went from the Tour V Stiff you had in those Apexes to the Tour 90 Regular. The clubs feel a lot lighter, I'm actually feeling the shaft load with my red tee swing, and I'm seeing a higher ball flight. If you want to launch higher or have lighter clubs overall, go with the 90s. Otherwise you've already got experience with the V's.
thanks Dave. I'm thinking maybe the tour 90 in stiff might be perfect if you like the regular. They should be a little heavier than R but lighter than the tour V.

Does anybody know which KBS shaft would be most comparable to a DG Pro?

Don't believe any KBS shaft is progressive, which is the main differentiater of the DG Pro shaft. From a weight perspective, it would be the KBS Tour. However, the DG Pro's launch profile varies as you change clubs.

I think these is a lot to glean from those numbers. I think you need to go with a Reg flex shaft to gain some tempo and stop being erratic with your speeds and delivery.

Also, do you custom length clubs right now?

Yea I have G30's +3/4". I am losing swing speed. Last year I was 98-102 with my driver, now I'm low 90's. Not sure what it is per se. I might be swinging less aggressively after having dealt with back and wrist injuries the past two years. But I feel great right now, and probably in the best shape i've been in 2 years. But I have been contemplating a Reg flex. I'm actually going out tonight and going to check out Golf Galaxy's bay and see if they have a a similar head with a bunch of KBS shafts, and maybe 1/2 or 1" above standard. Something just not sitting right with those numbers the more i think about it. I was hitting my 6 iron earlier in the day and flying a 170 flag constantly at the range. Granted, there might have been some slight wind effects, but it was mild at best. And I was using crappy range balls versus e7's in the testing bay.

One thing is for sure, I have no ego on this. I don't care if I need to use senior shafts, i just want to get the best ball flight possible to put my best game together in July.

KBS doesn't have anything that would be apples to apples when comparing. And the KBS Tours and C-Tapers both have the same weight's per flex in the taper tip versions, but the shafts are designed to perform differently.

The DG Pro's are designed to provide medium spin while the KBS Tours are low-mid, and C-Tapers are low. By design, KBS says the C-Taper Lite and Tour 90 shafts are their mid spin shafts.

For me it recommends the Tour , but I opted for the Tour 90. My back isn't the same as it once was, feel this lighter version will help my back in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I feel so much better after heading to Golf Galaxy this evening. It wasn't even close between the Tour 90, CTL, and tour-V. The tour 90 Stiff won by a large margin. Every shaft was +1/2", and for heads I had 7i RSI 1 with the Tour 90, 6i MP-54 with the CTL (all they had), and 7i XR's with the tour V Stiff. Average club head speed with Tour 90's was 82 (hit 85 with one swing), 79 for Tour V's, and 75 for the CTL. Average carry with Tour 90's was 164, average height was 27 yards, and decent angle was 42 degrees. The Tour V's were like 159 and average height was 21 and decent angle of 31 degrees.

Honestly it probably wasn't fair to use the CTL's with the MP 54's, but i didn't have another option and they faired by far the worse for me. Felt really stiff and I was getting less carry with that combo as a 6i than I was with the other two 7 irons. Weird the tour 90's didn't even come up as an option in the online tool. Not sure what option I'd have to change to get it to show. But I'm feeling pretty good about my tour 90 choice right now.

Thanks again Hawk for the suggestion. It reinforced my initial thoughts and got me off the CTL or Tour-V debate that I had singled in on.

I had a feeling the Tour 90s would be money for you, dude! Glad you hit them and the results sure do speak for themselves

I don't understand this, I just tried it and I said I wanted a high trajectory the recommendation was C-Taper R+

I think there may be a few glitches in the system...either that or the system is waaaay more advanced than us internet golfers can comprehend.

I guess I'm not smart enough to use the online system so I'm going to the KBS fitter in town on Friday to get it figured out.

I'm also in the same boat that I don't think I know my game as well as I should.

Ok I feel so much better after heading to Golf Galaxy this evening. It wasn't even close between the Tour 90, CTL, and tour-V. The tour 90 Stiff won by a large margin. Every shaft was +1/2", and for heads I had 7i RSI 1 with the Tour 90, 6i MP-54 with the CTL (all they had), and 7i XR's with the tour V Stiff. Average club head speed with Tour 90's was 82 (hit 85 with one swing), 79 for Tour V's, and 75 for the CTL. Average carry with Tour 90's was 164, average height was 27 yards, and decent angle was 42 degrees. The Tour V's were like 159 and average height was 21 and decent angle of 31 degrees.

Honestly it probably wasn't fair to use the CTL's with the MP 54's, but i didn't have another option and they faired by far the worse for me. Felt really stiff and I was getting less carry with that combo as a 6i than I was with the other two 7 irons. Weird the tour 90's didn't even come up as an option in the online tool. Not sure what option I'd have to change to get it to show. But I'm feeling pretty good about my tour 90 choice right now.

Thanks again Hawk for the suggestion. It reinforced my initial thoughts and got me off the CTL or Tour-V debate that I had singled in on.

That's some great news. That added height will be a big benefit down there with the forced carries and you'll have a little more control over your golf ball when it hits the green.

Where is the Callaway TourV90 going to fit into their chart? I'd guess right above the Tour V's?

I just got the XR 6 iron I ordered with a TourV90 (experiment mode) so I'll have some feedback later today when it gets to the range.

Where is the Callaway TourV90 going to fit into their chart? I'd guess right above the Tour V's?

I just got the XR 6 iron I ordered with a TourV90 (experiment mode) so I'll have some feedback later today when it gets to the range.
The TourV90 is a Callaway XR specific shaft if I'm not mistaken. You won't find it on KBS's website.

After my fitting today, for me personally the Fitting tool isa good place to start. But not an end all be all. A solid fitting is still the best answer to getting the right shaft plugged into your clubs.

After my fitting today, for me personally the Fitting tool isa good place to start. But not an end all be all. A solid fitting is still the best answer to getting the right shaft plugged into your clubs.

Couldnt agree more, the tool starts you down the right path but a fitter can always get you to the best match.

So true. The tool had me in tour s+ and that is just more shaft than I can play consistently. Each swing is different and it's truly a starting point and a good fitting is needed to,dial in the right shaft.

I struggled a lot with this tool. While I think tools like this are handy, they ask you to give them information that you might be less qualified than anyone else to give them. Others probably have a more realistic picture of my tempo, whether or not the club gets parallel or how high I hit the ball than I have. That being said, I needed to get my shafts selected for Legacy. Minor tweaks to the info in the tool spat out dramatically different results. As is commonly said around THP, the only way to know is to hit and get fit.

I finally went to the golf shop last night to hopefully make a decision. Having never hit the C Taper Lites before in my life, I was really pleasantly surprised by the performance of this shaft. I was consistently hitting the 6 iron just over 6,000 RPM and 31 yards of height with carry numbers much longer than normal. Some of this can be attributed to hitting off of turf into a net, and I think the rest is just that this shaft is a powerhouse. Compared to the Tour and Tour 90, the CTLs were just the best, and maybe the best iron shafts I recall hitting. I did not get a chance to hit the C Tapers.

So my Lecagy shaft selection is complete and turned in. CTL S.

I struggled a lot with this tool. While I think tools like this are handy, they ask you to give them information that you might be less qualified than anyone else to give them. Others probably have a more realistic picture of my tempo, whether or not the club gets parallel or how high I hit the ball than I have. That being said, I needed to get my shafts selected for Legacy. Minor tweaks to the info in the tool spat out dramatically different results. As is commonly said around THP, the only way to know is to hit and get fit.

I finally went to the golf shop last night to hopefully make a decision. Having never hit the C Taper Lites before in my life, I was really pleasantly surprised by the performance of this shaft. I was consistently hitting the 6 iron just over 6,000 RPM and 31 yards of height with carry numbers much longer than normal. Some of this can be attributed to hitting off of turf into a net, and I think the rest is just that this shaft is a powerhouse. Compared to the Tour and Tour 90, the CTLs were just the best, and maybe the best iron shafts I recall hitting. I did not get a chance to hit the C Tapers.

So my Lecagy shaft selection is complete and turned in. CTL S.

solid choice. i agree with you on the tool. its tough sometimes and i look at it as a starting point. when the competitions first started and i did the fitting on the site it first gave me the tour s+ but then i went back and changed 1 or 2 things and then it was the tour s. i was eventually fit into the tour s at pgatss in orlando.

the CTL has me interested to see what type of change in ball flight i would get with it.

Back