Improving your swing or Buying equipment to work with what you have?

Improving your swing or Buying equipment to work with what you have?

• Fixing swing flaw to improve ?

Votes: 45 90.0%
  • Clubs designed to alleviate swing flaw?

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I had to pick only one, I would go with the lessons to fix my flaws.
In the long run, fixing a few swing flaws will carry over a lot longer for me.

I'd say they don't have to be exclusive, but I tend to want to fix my swing more than expecting too much from the equipment i have.

I don't buy clubs thinking it will fix my swing. I buy clubs because I like new stuff, and ideally they will help me get the most out of what I have to work with today.

Ideally I will get my swing fixed and it will make my equipment perform even better. If it turns out to be the wrong equipment, well then I will have to find new equipment. That said, I don't know that I will ever get to the point where my swing is "fixed".

I guess I am lucky in that I make a decent living, have no dependents and don't have any other hobbies besides golf, but if I had to choose one of the options listed, it would be work on the swing.

I switched clubs purely from a mental comfort reason. I'm sure with lessons/practice, I would have hit my other clubs just fine, but I had convinced myself otherwise.

Fix my swing. As painful as that's been.

I voted for fixing my swing flaws but as many on here I still buy clubs to try and help also.

You can not buy a better game. I shot my lowest score ever at my home course in 1980 (70). I did this with persimmon driver, woods and Spalding irons. The course has not been changed. It is still the same length and everything. Sure I was only 19 at the time, and now I'm 54, with "better" clubs, but I can not shoot 70 there today and there are few 70's shot there even today. The course record was set in 1968 and still stands even though no changes on the course have taken place and the equipment is "better".

It still ALL comes down to the human swinging the clubs and making the putts. Golf is a whole lot more Indian than arrow. I don't see the world class players shooting in the 50's.........

I've taken fewer lessons this year than the last 3 years, but the current equipment I have (particularly the irons) have lowered my index by 2 strokes. and all that while my short game is the worst it's ever been. so I do think that equipment can take you to a new level, but if I had to choose I would take lessons and practice over equipment every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the arrow. It's always the arrow, right?

No, it's me. I have swing flaws I need to correct.

Putting is a different story.

All great posts. For me I'm more in the swing look and function versus equipment makeup at this time. That is what makes this a great game , so many facets to it

but I know from experience there are many clubs that make this game more enjoyable

For example . I use old golf equipment now that is heavy with flat lie angles. This was recommended by the golf program I'm in . Makes it easier to shallow the club and so what the greats did in the past. When i play I use a more modern set occasionally , but the flatter heavier gear really ingrains what we are striving for in that program

Fixing my swing of course.

But buying golf stuffs periodically is fun too, who doesnt like shopping golf stuffs haha ....

Back