Great round Sunday!

Clutch42

Happy to be here!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
14.3 USGA
This past Sunday I had one of the most enjoyble rounds I have had in a while, it wasn't my score but the fact that my son played with me. This was the first time we have been on the golf course together in 15 years. We had kinda drifted apart for a few years, we kept in touch but rarely hung out together anymore after being so close we he was younger ( he's 30 this year). He had played some with me when he was 14-15 but never cared to much about it, but about a month ago, he called and wanted to start hanging out and playing golf again. I gave him my old set of clubs, went to the driving range together and finally played a round yesterday. I was grinning all day long, looks like I have my golfing buddy back! Now to get him on THP!
:banana:

Congrats. Nothing like a father/son round of golf.

I love reading stories like this. Congrats on the round and the reconnection with your son.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on reconnecting with your son and getting a round in together.

Thanks guys, we had a great time! Once he got past the first tee jitters he didn't play too bad, had a couple of nice drives and some good iron shots, just enough to keep him coming back. We are going to the beach together at the end of August and he's already talking about trying to get in a round or 2.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool! I love playing with my dad.

Congrats, that's awesome. Some of my favorite rounds are with my dad.

My son played his first round last Thursday morning with his Grandpa. He went thru a week of golf camp a few weeks ago and we got to the range occasionaly. He just turned 13 and decided he was done with baseball. We get along fine unless I'm giving him instructions about anything so we decided he'd learn to play thru lessons and with his grandpa.

Looking forward to playing with him in the near future...

Well that is great to hear, and i understand a little i guess from the other side, as i was not super close to my dad in my 20's, but the last 10 years or so i have been, as i am 39 now.

He's not a golfer, but loves to hunt, and fish, so i make it a point to do that when i can, and we both love shooting, and once every two months we spend 8-10 hours at our favorite range.

This past Sunday I had one of the most enjoyble rounds I have had in a while, it wasn't my score but the fact that my son played with me. This was the first time we have been on the golf course together in 15 years. We had kinda drifted apart for a few years, we kept in touch but rarely hung out together anymore after being so close we he was younger ( he's 30 this year). He had played some with me when he was 14-15 but never cared to much about it, but about a month ago, he called and wanted to start hanging out and playing golf again. I gave him my old set of clubs, went to the driving range together and finally played a round yesterday. I was grinning all day long, looks like I have my golfing buddy back! Now to get him on THP!
:banana:
take it from someone who knows, there is nothing better than teeing it up with your son! (my son is six4three5, 24 years old) ( maybe a baseball game at yankee stadium). I had a lay off from golf for 7 years, being a volunteer fire chief took all of my hobby time and then some. my son used to caddy for me ( he drove the cart while me and my partners walked ). he got serious about golf 3 years ago and got me back into the game, new clubs, shoes, bag, the whole works. he even got me on THP .he has worked very hard at his game over the past three years. to watch him become a very good player and grow as a man makes me very proud and I able to share his love of golf. hopefully I have had some impact on his game along the way.

my proudest moments of my sons golf game and his actions as a man came this weekend at the morgan cup, excuse while brag about his game a little bit here, he played some of his best golf of his life, one reason is he did not want to let his teammates down.

but the thing I am most proud of is the way other spoke about him during the morgan cup, "nice guy", "gentleman", and the one I enjoy the most is " a good friend"

so enjoy every second you can with your son, and golf and THP are a big part of that enjoyment!:banana:

I was lucky enough to play a round with a fellow THPer and his 15/16 yo son yesterday. I think both us adults enjoyed seeing the the teen's good shots and enthusiasm, far more than our own.

That is awesome buddy! So happy for the both of you for what will hopefully a long lasting tradition of frequent father / son frequent golf outings!

That is so cool Clutch! Nothing like good quality time with ya son .

Congrats! Nothing like Father/Son golf!

Great story. I am glad to hear that you are getting time with your son again. I cannot wait to play with my son when he's old enough and I wish that my Dad would play golf with me more often. While we see each other every day at work, we don't get much of an opportunity to do cool stuff like Golf.

He's starting a new job and has a new baby ( granddaughter who already has some plastic clubs from Papaw! ) so I'm hoping we can get together every couple of weeks.
It was great when he hit a couple of good drives near the end of the round and to see that big smile, of course I think mine was bigger.

take it from someone who knows, there is nothing better than teeing it up with your son! (my son is six4three5, 24 years old) ( maybe a baseball game at yankee stadium). I had a lay off from golf for 7 years, being a volunteer fire chief took all of my hobby time and then some. my son used to caddy for me ( he drove the cart while me and my partners walked ). he got serious about golf 3 years ago and got me back into the game, new clubs, shoes, bag, the whole works. he even got me on THP .he has worked very hard at his game over the past three years. to watch him become a very good player and grow as a man makes me very proud and I able to share his love of golf. hopefully I have had some impact on his game along the way.

my proudest moments of my sons golf game and his actions as a man came this weekend at the morgan cup, excuse while brag about his game a little bit here, he played some of his best golf of his life, one reason is he did not want to let his teammates down.

but the thing I am most proud of is the way other spoke about him during the morgan cup, "nice guy", "gentleman", and the one I enjoy the most is " a good friend"

so enjoy every second you can with your son, and golf and THP are a big part of that enjoyment!:banana:

Pops, you've had a bigger impact on my game than you know. I appreciate the kind words! I'm just a testament to the kind of man you are!!

To the OP, enjoy it! I'm sure your son feels the same way about playing with you as I do with my father. He's the best playing partner I could ever ask for.

Absolutely love this thread. Glad the OP was able to play with his son and I'm happy to see others teeing it up with their sons. I love time on the course with my dad and now even my mom is into golf with is just awesome. Golfing with family is great

Back