New England Members

Played 9 at Strawberry Valley with 2 of my sons (10 and 16). Course in decent shape. I only carried my 5 iron, pw, and putter. Played good enough to contemplate throwing the rest of my bag in the trash.

i have a tee time sunday afternoon with a couple openings at montaup. private me if you would like to join, remember all seriousness should be left at home with respect to our game. lol

Should be perfect weather on Sunday to get out. I'm planning to play at least 9, but need to stick closer to home due to a family party later in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson Staff at Watertown!

9c7b8331445e9e412e29de7d56ac6b09.jpg

It looks like most people here are from the south. I'm in Tewksbury and frequent the North shore courses from Stow/Westford/Merrimack/Boxford/Peabody area up through Southern NH - Amherst/Manchester/Hollis, Litchfield, Salem. Played Scottish Highlands in Salem last week, and Trull Brook tomorrow. Love Stonebridge in Goffstown, Red Tail in Devens. Anyone here played The Shattuck in Jaffrey?

Last edited:
It looks like most people here are from the south. I'm in Tewksbury and frequent the North shore courses from Stow/Westford/Merrimack/Boxford/Peabody area up through Southern NH - Amherst/Manchester/Hollis, Litchfield, Salem. Played Scottish Highlands in Salem last week, and Trull Brook tomorrow. Love Stonebridge in Goffstown, Red Tail in Devens. Anyone here played The Shattuck in Jaffrey?

OITW did a really good review of the Shattuck last year.

I played putterham again this afternoon. Conditions have definitely improved but it's still the same old putterham. I like the course and usually play pretty well there. I wish they would put some money into it.

We need a Mass Member get together. Maybe somtime in June or sumthin

Mpeterson ur the man

For whatever reason the link doesnt work

Thx man

Don't do it! Shattuck the worst place I've ever been 3+ to play the front 9, shot a 52 (and i'm an 8 handicap!). There's a reason this place is known all over New England as "The #*!$'in Shattuck".

Welcome to THP. I'm in the Manchester NH area nearly every weekend. Looking to play Passaconaway in the near future

Played a round at Waverly Oaks for the first time yesterday. Pretty fun layout; very open and forgiving off the tee. Greens had been punched probably a week or two ago so they weren't 100% but not bad; they'll be pretty quick soon I'd imagine. Wasn't a huge fan of the 9th and 17th holes but the other 16 were pretty good. You can be a little loose of the tee and not have to worry about it. Wind is definitely a huge factor as it is more exposed than the other Plymouth courses I've played.

I love waverly. One of my favorites

I made the drive up that way an played Tewksbury country club on Sat. pretty lil nine holer. well kept. but def one of the slowest rounds of my life. groups of older ladies were all over.

I got out three times this weekend at SSCC. Conditions were better than I anticipated given the amount of snow that was on the course (and still is!). The 4th and 5th holes were closed still, but the fairways and a few of the greens were starting to germinate and green up. I would say give it three or four weeks before it is in good shape.

Update on this for interested parties. I played this morning and the course has greened up significantly. They did have some ice damage and distress on 4, 7 and 13 greens so those still have temporary greens as of today, but they looked good from a quick glance. They've keep the rest of the greens pretty slow to allow for the grass to grow in fully and be healthy for the summer months. I think in a week or two they'll have all the putting surfaces back and they'll cut and roll the greens closer to what you would expect. Conditions otherwise were very good.

Heading to Maplegate for 9 after work. Hoping for a little redemption after my last round there.

Anybody here playing the Troon Challenge next weekend at Lake of Isles ?

Any good suggestions for a good walkable course up to 45 minutes out of Boston?

Old Scotland links, DW Field, River bend..

Any good suggestions for a good walkable course up to 45 minutes out of Boston?

Pembroke isn't too hilly, I usually walk when I play there. Most of the better courses north of the city are built with carts in mind. Hickory Hill in Methuen is really walkable, but conditions are so so right now - that's where my league plays.

Back