2016 UnOfficial NorCal vs. SoCal Thread

I'll keep this as anti-Dr.Phil as I can. This outing is what I'm solely focused on after these last few stressful weeks. I look forward to the laughs, camaraderie, food and GOLF that will take place next weekend. I'll have some Tito's with me too so hopefully a few of you will help me with that :wink:! Team NorCal.....MOUNT UP!!!

Played 36 this weekend, and shot 88/88. Didn't hit driver all that well, but got around the course OK. Felt like I found something on the last hole with the big stick, will see if I can take that with to the range this weekend and come in playing well when I get down south.

Looking forward to this gentlemen, no matter what this will be a great time!

Playing tomorrow morning and hoping for at least 27 holes. Less than a week out fellas and I'm super stoked for next weekend to get here!

I haven't been able to put in as much preparation for this as I would like, going to practice the rest of the week though and then just be ready to have some fun!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Would have liked to practice a little more. Had a lesson last week and that went well. Planning on hitting the range tomorrow and playing 9 on Wednesday. Can not wait for Saturday!

Played he final round of our club championship and I actually won my flight. Shot gross 84/83, net 67/66. The swing change I have made and the test shaft for my driver from Project X/True Temper has been a huge difference in my game. I still had a couple of blow up holes each day and a couple of double bogeys, but I was pretty happy with the results. I have only played in one other individual stroke play event and it didn't go well. To be able to shake off a bad hole and come back from it has always been an issue for me and to be able to do it, was really cool. I have no idea if this is going to help going into next weekend and my game doesn't always travel well, but I am really looking froward to trying and meeting up with everyone and having a blast.

Played he final round of our club championship and I actually won my flight. Shot gross 84/83, net 67/66. The swing change I have made and the test shaft for my driver from Project X/True Temper has been a huge difference in my game. I still had a couple of blow up holes each day and a couple of double bogeys, but I was pretty happy with the results. I have only played in one other individual stroke play event and it didn't go well. To be able to shake off a bad hole and come back from it has always been an issue for me and to be able to do it, was really cool. I have no idea if this is going to help going into next weekend and my game doesn't always travel well, but I am really looking froward to trying and meeting up with everyone and having a blast.

Awesome stuff Tim, congratulations! I'm sure you will keep that train rolling!

Congrats Tim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Tim!

Not sure if I should chaulk this up to a supportive wife or she feels sorry for you guys.
I didn't have a chance to touch a club over the weekend so my wife offered to do a twilight 9 (in the heat) and go to the range with me a couple of times this week.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Congrats, Tim!

Great work, awesome job! It can't hurt for this weekend!

Played 36 this weekend, and shot 88/88. Didn't hit driver all that well, but got around the course OK. Felt like I found something on the last hole with the big stick, will see if I can take that with to the range this weekend and come in playing well when I get down south.

Looking forward to this gentlemen, no matter what this will be a great time!

Great job fellas. We should be seeing significant handicap drops from you boys come tomorrow :bashful:

5 days out fellas!!!

Alright everybody, please shoot a PM to your Captain with your current handicap (out to 3 digits, for example I am currently a 15.7).

We need to get this ASAP so we can get the course handicap's calculated and the cards done. To those of you who have already sent it, thank you much!

Alright everybody, please shoot a PM to your Captain with your current handicap (out to 3 digits, for example I am currently a 15.7).

We need to get this ASAP so we can get the course handicap's calculated and the cards done. To those of you who have already sent it, thank you much!

Same for me, Team SoCal. Thank you!

Great job fellas. We should be seeing significant handicap drops from you boys come tomorrow :bashful:

Actually no, mine went up slightly. Not sure if the tournament round posted (having to let the course handle that one) but I shot my course handicap on the number. Yesterdays round actually was 1 over my course handicap (lower slope).

Oh well, I think the teams are actually pretty evenly matched.

Same for me, Team SoCal. Thank you!

PM sent

Actually no, mine went up slightly. Not sure if the tournament round posted (having to let the course handle that one) but I shot my course handicap on the number. Yesterdays round actually was 1 over my course handicap (lower slope).

Oh well, I think the teams are actually pretty evenly matched.

I was just teasing, great scores all around. Hopefully we get in some good rounds and make this a fun two day tournament for all of us.

PM sent

I was just teasing, great scores all around. Hopefully we get in some good rounds and make this a fun two day tournament for all of us.

Wasn't thinking it was anything other than that, but I actually expected it to be more around 15.1-15.2. But most of my other rounds in July were garbage, so glad I am at least starting to play a bit better.

Also, have 6 of the 10 Nor Cal handicaps, just need 4 more..... please update as soon as you can.

Jockos update: We have had a couple people make other plans, so at this point we have 15 confirmed. I have left the reservation for 16 people so we still have room for a few more since a couple people were still on the fence. If you can make it great, if not no biggie, but here is the current list of those confirmed for 8:30 Saturday night:

Wonton
Lobwood
Lobwood +1
Mark UK
Mr. Hicksta
Mike27t
Time4Tim
Radrob
Duffertoo
Ken_H
Sourmash
ASN21
Galen Marek
Galen Marek +1
mancest (me)

If your name is on here and it shouldn't be, please let me know and likewise if it isn't on here and should be let me know.

Wasn't thinking it was anything other than that, but I actually expected it to be more around 15.1-15.2. But most of my other rounds in July were garbage, so glad I am at least starting to play a bit better.

Also, have 6 of the 10 Nor Cal handicaps, just need 4 more..... please update as soon as you can.

Finding your groove now is ideal. I actually dipped 2 strokes on my index this go around wich usually means ill suck the next couple of rounds.

5 days out fellas!!!
And I, for one can't wait. This is going to be such a great weekend!!
Finding your groove now is ideal. I actually dipped 2 strokes on my index this go around wich usually means ill suck the next couple of rounds.
I actually went up 00.2 I guess that just means I will have to soundly trounce my SoCal opponents. For therapeutic reasons only, of course. :act-up:

Thanks for the Handicap update, you guys! Much appreciated!

Match Ups!
270 TOTAL Points Available
First Team to get 135.5 Wins!!

Saturday – FourBall[FONT=&quot](1 Point Per Hole/Per Group - 90 Total Team Points Available)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Group 1:
RadRob (19) & Mark_UK (14) vs Lobwood (21) & Galen Marek (10)

Group 2:
Duffertoo (31) & Time4tim (16) vs Mike27t (18) & Kurt (25)

Group 3:
Mr. Hicksta (21) & Chicogolf (12) vs Wonton (19) Rick (22)

Group 4:
Mancest (18) & Plinytheyounger (19) vs Ken_H (19) & Sourmash (19)

Group 5:
TheHeez (10) & ASN21 (30) vs Schanker (15) & The Papa (25)

Sunday – Singles (1 Point Per Hole/Per Individual - 180 Total Team Points Available)
Group 1:
ASN21 (29) vs The Papa (25)
Mr. Hicksta (21) vs Kurt (25)

Group 2:
Duffertoo (30) vs Lobwood (21)
RadRob (19) vs Rick (22)

Group 3:
Plinytheyounger (19) vs Ken_H (18)
Time4Time (16) vs Sourmash (19)

Group 4:
TheHeez (10) vs Galen Marek (10)
Chicogolf (12) vs Schanker (15)

Group 5:
Mark_UK (14) vs Mike27t (18)
Mancest (18) vs Wonton (19)[/FONT]

I take it this is with the updated indexes and including course handicaps?

I take it this is with the updated indexes and including course handicaps?

Yes, the latest post from Wonton is using everyone's handicaps as of August 1st and has factored in the course handicap for LP and MD respectively.

In the Saturday 4 ball, the group handicap will be calculated using the lowest handicap in the group then going off the difference from him and each other player. For example in group 1: Galen @ a 10, so he will get no strokes, Lobwood will get 1 stroke each on the holes rated 1-11, RadRob 1 each on the holes rate 1-9 and Mark_UK 1 each on the holes rated 1-4. For clarity's sake, the scorer just needs to write down the actual scores for each player on each hole, then we can do the net post round.

For Sunday it will just be the difference between you and your opponent, for example I will be giving Wonton 1 stroke on the #1 rated hole.

Back