TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
I guess the Accesories forum would be the best place for this, does anyone use GolfLogix? I want something I can use as a rangefinder on the course without having to shell out the cash. Is it worth the upgrade of $3.99 a month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used GolfLogix for a few months.
I can not tell you why exactly, but I wasn't overly happy with it, and changed to something else.
That too was lacking.

I eventually found 'Swing By Swing'. I think it is by far the best, and most accurate of the GPS App's (of the 3 I tried anyways).
I love buying golf stuff...but SBS is so good, I've never even considered a real range finder.

Golflogix just billed my credit card for some $20plus dollars for an auto renewal, even though I haven't used them in close to 9 months (I emailed them to complain and they sent me a really complicated set of instructions on how to reverse the charge and turn off auto renew; I just called my phone company and complained and they took care of it right away).

Conducting business that way is probably not unique to them, so be careful of that when you make a purchase

By the way, yes, I paid for the upgrade on Swing By Swing.
Their product is excellent, and well worth the $20.

I also use Swing by Swing and paid the upgrade as well so I could use it with my smartwatch.

I had used Golflogix for the pat two seasons and loved having it. I used it on my iPhone and I know some people said that they had issues with battery life but I never experienced that. They sell mobile charger packs for like 10 bucks if it ends up being a concern. I paid the $20 a year upgrade for it and I enjoyed it. I since upgraded to a Bushnell V3 rangefinder and canceled my subscription. If I had not gotten my rangefinder I would still be using it.

I have golflogix for scorecard only. However, they send out an email every year offering an upgrade for $10-$20 for an annual membership. It includes $20 off a golfnow hot deal tee time coupon. So needless to say each year I cancel right before renewal and about a month later I get the email begging for me to come back for el cheapo. It works pretty good as a GPS but I mainly use my bushnell rangefinder.

The $20 off tee time makes it worth the upgrade if you can get the upgrade on sale.

I just want an on courseRangefinder but don't want to drop $100+ on a sky caddie or a bushnell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swing-By-Swing...have had it a couple years and 14.99 anual for me. Have compared it ti a lazer and is always within a few yards. I actually used it yesterday to verify my lazer in a high tree area and couldn't lock on to the flag over a knoll. SBS was on the pin.

I've used the free version and it was just fine for on course readings. There was a little lag but nothing really noticeable. The downside is that it drains the battery of your phone, so you better make sure it's fully charged before the round. If you use your phone while on the course to text or whatever it's also a hassle to go in and out of the app. I bought a GPS watch and couldn't be happier. You get 4-5 rounds on one charge, it's easy to wear and super convenient.

I've used Golflogix for a few years and pay for it and love it. I use it along with my laser rangefinder as well. Never really had the battery issues (iphone 6 now). That said, I've never looked at SBS - never heard of it. I'll be checking them out now...

I use golflogix pretty religiously on the course for close to 2 years. It does lag a little when you lock your phone and then unlock it to get the yardages but overall I really like it for using as a score card, stats, and GPS. I have never had an issue with battery life.

Back