Srixon Z 945 Review

Srixon Z 945 Review

Have you found much of a difference between the two? It seems the AP2s should be the more forgiving of the two - have you been able to compare performance on so-so ballstriking days yet? I figure that might be where the AP2s might nudge ahead. But I do think the sole has something to do with the launch I've seen from this line - I hit the 745 a bit higher than I would have expected given my results with similar clubs, and I'm wondering if that comes over to the 945 too.

The difference is pretty much distance on misses- the AP2's have s slight advantage. Other than that, they are pretty close. More so than I would have believed. Ball fight is nearly identical. Spin and stopping power is nearly identical. The only very small issue I have is they are a tad lighter than my AP2's. I just need to remember that for tempo reasons. Overall stellar set. I basically have 2 amazing gamer sets (not counting my security blanket ACP set that still makes it out there from time to time). I might play the whole season alternating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is pretty much distance on misses- the AP2's have s slight advantage. Other than that, they are pretty close. More so than I would have believed. Ball fight is nearly identical. Spin and stopping power is nearly identical. The only very small issue I have is they are a tad lighter than my AP2's. I just need to remember that for tempo reasons. Overall stellar set. I basically have 2 amazing gamer sets (not counting my security blanket ACP set that still makes it out there from time to time). I might play the whole season alternating.

Did you order your 945s .25 inch longer? Stock JDM 5 iron is 37.75

Did you order your 945s .25 inch longer? Stock JDM 5 iron is 37.75

No but I ordered my AP2's a quarter short

No but I ordered my AP2's a quarter short

Haha how weird they match. .. mine are 0.5 long, so 38.25 5i. The extra swing weight is perfect for me as I like d4 to d5

Srixon Z 945 Review

Yup that's the only thing I can say that is even close to negative. I haven't weighed them. My guess is it's 1 point lighter than the AP2

Yup that's the only thing I can say that is even close to negative. I haven't weighed them. My guess is it's 1 point lighter than the AP2

Yeah stock d2 for jdm. Ap2 d3 I believe

Yeah stock d2 for jdm. Ap2 d3 I believe

I think I also requested d3 for the AP 2. Pretty sure I asked for it with the 945 too. Either way- they feel slightly lighter. All of my other specs were perfect though.

It also could be in my head as well- the turf interaction is so good that I could simply be feeling that my hands are getting through quicker

These beauties got me 2 birdies on 2 consecutive holes yesterday. One was nearly jarred from 148 out with the PW. Tap in birds are awesome. The following hole, the 8 iron stuck one to 8 feet. During a three hole stretch where these were prominently played, I was -2. Results don't lie.

These beasts are back in the bag today ! Pins are in danger

I have been hoping that these would hit the US market since I caught a glimpse of them a few months ago.

I have been hoping that these would hit the US market since I caught a glimpse of them a few months ago.

I really wish they would. They are phenomenal. All around all stars

Srixon Z 945 Review

84 today with these in play. 40-44. The irons again did their job. I need to settle on a driver that cost me big today. I'm also working my way through swing flaw. Point being, these continue to produce even when I'm not at my best.

I really wish they would. They are phenomenal. All around all stars

With the popularity of the 545 & 745 it wouldn't surprise if they bring them here later this year or beginning of next year.

With the popularity of the 545 & 745 it wouldn't surprise if they bring them here later this year or beginning of next year.

I really think they should. Or at least the next version.

Last two days I'm not hitting driver well. But these irons are pure. Hitting them well and they perform!

Last two days I'm not hitting driver well. But these irons are pure. Hitting them well and they perform!
Yes you are. I loved hitting them on the range

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Irons are the strongest part of my game right now with these in the bag. Just flat put performing for me. I wish my driver and woods swing would follow suit lol.

These irons are providing me with a nice mid flight ( paired with matrix program f15 120g stiff). I am seeing good distance from these actually. Bear in mind these are blades, albeit a bit bigger blade. The mass behind the zone along with the v sole provides wonderful feedback. Spin wise, I'm seeing good spin that allows me to hold greens even with 5 iron. 7 and 8 irons are stopping on a dime, 9 and pw I'm seeing some pull back action, amount depending green conditions. As much of a gear ho I am, I can see myself keeping and gaming these for a while

kc720 do you feel these are a bit more forgiving than the J15 MB?

kc720 do you feel these are a bit more forgiving than the J15 MB?
It's hard to say... my miss is usually face to path related. These have different shafts so not apples to apples comparison... what I do know is the v sole is amazing. Neither of the two are overly soft forging but feel is subjective. I think these are bit more forgiving low on the face otherwise very similar IMO

Man what I would do to trade my 545/745 combo set for the 945s...they are gorgeous!!

Irons are the strongest part of my game right now with these in the bag. Just flat put performing for me. I wish my driver and woods swing would follow suit lol.

These irons are providing me with a nice mid flight ( paired with matrix program f15 120g stiff). I am seeing good distance from these actually. Bear in mind these are blades, albeit a bit bigger blade. The mass behind the zone along with the v sole provides wonderful feedback. Spin wise, I'm seeing good spin that allows me to hold greens even with 5 iron. 7 and 8 irons are stopping on a dime, 9 and pw I'm seeing some pull back action, amount depending green conditions. As much of a gear ho I am, I can see myself keeping and gaming these for a while

These will be back in the bag next week. My other number 1 set has been on fire lately. I'll update as soon as they get back in there. The spin comments are flat out true. These are simply all around lethal blades.

Man what I would do to trade my 545/745 combo set for the 945s...they are gorgeous!!

They are man. It's scary how good they look and perform

Well if that other number one set stays hot for you brother you know someone who would take those z945s off your hands... With and incentive of course haha

Back