Srixon Z 945 Review

i play a pretty small CB iron now i dont really miss greens distance wise long and short its mostly left or right. I never have played a straight blade before not sure if these or the 745's would be better.

Dude for that price you could get both. No wait - thats only me and Kang who would do that hahahah

ok so i assume you both have hit the 945 and 745's what are the pro's and cons to both? i trust both of your opinions.
I played a combo set of 745 3 and 4 irons and 945 5 to pw for a long time. 745 give you that little bit extra forgiveness and confidence when standing over a longer iron. 945 is pure precision. Distance control and workability of both irons are fantastic. Both feature tungsten plugs in the toe in long Irons and of course the VT sole is magic. It's just preference I think. The two play very similar in scoring clubs

I played a combo set of 745 3 and 4 irons and 945 5 to pw for a long time. 745 give you that little bit extra forgiveness and confidence when standing over a longer iron. 945 is pure precision. Distance control and workability of both irons are fantastic. Both feature tungsten plugs in the toe in long Irons and of course the VT sole is magic. It's just preference I think. The two play very similar in scoring clubs

Totally agree with Kang here. While the 945's are a much more forgiving blade than they look, they are still a blade. You need that confidence in your iron game to get the most out of them. If you have that - do it. You will be very impressed at what they offer in a blade package. If you are at all doubtful about your iron game - especially in the long irons - go 745's. I would probably combo them myself if I were you and could find them. I would probably go 5-7 745 and 8-PW in 945. The 8-PW are very similar in both - with the forgiveness edge to the 745's obviously.

Ughhh these have me driving myself crazy over, might just be my next set :banghead: for about $490 for the whole set new and less of slightly used, I might be caving in

Ughhh these have me driving myself crazy over, might just be my next set :banghead: for about $490 for the whole set new and less of slightly used, I might be caving in

Pull the trigger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It loads but then proceeds to say "Out of stock" after a few seconds, but thanks for that, though!

I jumped on this deal a couple days ago and hopefully placed my order in time. My order is still "processing" so I hope to have them soon.

Ordered last week. Should be here this week or next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking into a new set. how do these compare forgiveness/play wise to Bridgestone j15's cbs?

Looking into a new set. how do these compare forgiveness/play wise to Bridgestone j15's cbs?
Definitely more demanding and less distance. J15 cb is one of the most forgiving and longest hitting players cb imo

Definitely more demanding and less distance. J15 cb is one of the most forgiving and longest hitting players cb imo

I support this opinion. While I think the srixon offerings over the last two releases are some of the most playable MBs out there, I don't think their forgiveness will match up to a CB like the J15. It might be a better comparison on the 745 or 765 which i plan to make at some point this year.

Thank you for your responses. I am looking into both clubs. Going to go with more forgiveness now and think ill go for the j15 cbs. The Srixons are just flat out great looking however,

Thank you for your responses. I am looking into both clubs. Going to go with more forgiveness now and think ill go for the j15 cbs. The Srixons are just flat out great looking however,

The J15 are awesome, and with the empty B on the cavity you can make them your own a bit which is pretty cool. MB to MB(945) I'd probably lean Srixon because of the V Sole and some of the perimeter weighting. Moving into the CB profile, not sure I can say no to J15 but only because I haven't spent much time with 765 or 745.

The J15 are awesome, and with the empty B on the cavity you can make them your own a bit which is pretty cool. MB to MB(945) I'd probably lean Srixon because of the V Sole and some of the perimeter weighting. Moving into the CB profile, not sure I can say no to J15 but only because I haven't spent much time with 765 or 745.

I think the 765 is in the same category as the Bridgestone offering (from the limited amount of time I've spent hitting them both). Still require good ballstriking, but maybe more forgiving than some other offerings in that space. Those two were my favorite "players cavities" in recent memory.

These have been around years but I am stuck on them for now. I just moved from the Mizuno MMC with Recoil 95 F4 to the Z945 with Recoil 110 F4. By doing so I lost about 3 to 6 yards per club but the dispersion is without doubt better (hit a ton of balls on a calm day alternating clubs every few swings). I will chalk the dispersion improvement up to most likely being a result of the heavier shaft. Staying with Recoil is important to me because of elbow issues and they combo well with both of these heads. Though the 945 line is getting long in the tooth, they remain my favorite blade of all time. I feel fortunate that I found another set in super shape built exactly as I would want.

Back