Who makes a larger wedge head?

Max-4

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I am looking for a 56* SW head with 12-14* bounce to replace my current SW. I currently have a Dynacraft DMC forged head and while it is a quality product I throws me off with how small it is. I have a real problem using these Cleveland and Vokey sized wedge heads which I think are about 80mm blade length (guessing). I need something longer and more oversize to look like my game improvement irons. Does any component company build something like this where I can just buy a single head? I don't care if its forged or not because im not that great of a player. Thanks

Not sure if you need a component company, but have you looked at the Cleveland Smart Sole?

Cobra BIG Trusty Rusty....

edit: Just saw you're looking for a component company head...not sure on that one...

Ya looking for a component company so I can just replace the head. I should mention I need a .370 hosel.

Not sure if they're considered component or not, but I've always thought that Hopkins wedges seemed to be bigger than the look of a Vokey, Cleveland, etc.

Ya looking for a component company so I can just replace the head. I should mention I need a .370 hosel.

The Tricept line from Golfworks would be a little bigger and more forgiving than a Vokey or similar. They come with several sole/bounce options as well.

The Tricept line from Golfworks would be a little bigger and more forgiving than a Vokey or similar. They come with several sole/bounce options as well.

Ya, I was looking at the regular black Tricept wedges and they do look a little larger than the MG series. However all the specs for blade length and toe height are the same and I just got off the phone with a guy from Golfworks and he said all the wedges are the same. Weird cause they do look longer in the pictures.

Look for the old Callaway Forged + (plus)

Some new ones surface once in a while.

I'm looking for a new 60 lefty but no luck.

Last edited:
Cobra Big Trusty

Ya, I was looking at the regular black Tricept wedges and they do look a little larger than the MG series. However all the specs for blade length and toe height are the same and I just got off the phone with a guy from Golfworks and he said all the wedges are the same. Weird cause they do look longer in the pictures.

They look larger because they are "thicker" for lack of a better word (face to back). I have had both the Tricepts and the MGs and the Tricepts are more forgiving - probably partially because they do have something of a cavity back design and because you can get some pretty wide sole options. My best friend, who is a pretty high handicapper and hates blade wedges, stole my Tricepts out of my bag because he liked them so much.

If you want to go pure cavity back, you could look at Hireko's Acer lines. I know the XF had a 56* sand wedge - not sure if they are still in stock though.

Definitely the big trusty comes to mind

Not what you are looking for but....
I found a Wilson R-20 Gene Sarazen Special Sand Wedge (with the brown shaft) in the $2 bin at the charity store.
I drilled out the hosel, polished it so I didn't need a ferrule, installed a steel shaft from a 5 iron (tipped several inches) very stiff, added about 12 oz of lead to the butt end and installed a fairly hard grip so all the feeling would be in my fingers. Love it, great from the fairway or any type of rough. The roundish head makes it very versatile. Just my thoughts.

Back