NHL 2014-2015 Season

Sounds like Kane might be working his way out of the Peg.
Wow...if the rumors are correct of what actually transpired when he was a 'healthy scratch' in Vancouver the other night, his trade value just took a hit.

For those that haven't heard...he was said to be a healthy scratch the other night...

However, in actuality he's said to have gone AWOL before the game, refusing to answer managements calls as they desperately tried to locate him (he pulled a no show for the game) until an hour before game time, because a couple days earlier he had a tiff with teammates (showed up in sweats for a team function and Byf threw his clothes in the shower later).

I always stood up for this kid. But, if this stuff is correct, what a POS.

I sure hope the Canucks aren't one of the teams sniffing around about him.

Preds actually almost made it a game, once they decided after 40 minutes to start playing. Had a bunch of great chances to make it a one-goal game, but the Ducks eventually got the empty netter. Ah well, forget that crap sandwich and move on to the next one.

Wow...if the rumors are correct of what actually transpired when he was a 'healthy scratch' in Vancouver the other night, his trade value just took a hit.

For those that haven't heard...he was said to be a healthy scratch the other night...

However, in actuality he's said to have gone AWOL before the game, refusing to answer managements calls as they desperately tried to locate him (he pulled a no show for the game) until an hour before game time, because a couple days earlier he had a tiff with teammates (showed up in sweats for a team function and Byf threw his clothes in the shower later).

I always stood up for this kid. But, if this stuff is correct, what a POS.

I sure hope the Canucks aren't one of the teams sniffing around about him.

Supposedly the Jets want to send him east, and Pittsburgh and Boston are the two most interested.

Oh boy.

Not sure how I'd feel about Boston making a deal for him, especially given what went down with Seguin being dealt to Dallas. But you have to look at the other side too - maybe it was that deal that woke Seguin up, maybe the same could happen with Kane.

Or not.

Supposedly the Jets want to send him east, and Pittsburgh and Boston are the two most interested.

Oh boy.

Not sure how I'd feel about Boston making a deal for him, especially given what went down with Seguin being dealt to Dallas. But you have to look at the other side too - maybe it was that deal that woke Seguin up, maybe the same could happen with Kane.

Or not.

He's now in his 6th NHL season...I don't think he ever gets any better than what he's shown if he stays in the 'Peg.

The irony if Boston acquires him: they traded Seguin because he was a pain in the butt off the ice, but then replaced him with a guy who likes to party just as much (apparently), but isn't as good of a player.

I disagree a bit on that; Seguin as a center didn't have a chance so he always played on the wing here. Plus, his knock was that he never got into the dirty areas on the boards or in front of the crease, which isn't an issue with Kane.

Off the ice was a major issue, including some things that weren't made public that rival what Kane's done.

If the B's traded for Kane, they'd be shafted cap wise because they really need another defenseman. So someone would have to go, which is why I think a Kassian trade makes more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goodness do the Canucks suck right now. No energy, no ability to score and the PP couldn't find water if it fell out of a boat.
This team looks just like last year's version under Torts. I wish management would quit being ridiculous and thinking we can compete for the Cup somehow. Have we learned nothing from watching Toronto and Calgary make the same mistake for the last 10 years?

My goodness do the Canucks suck right now. No energy, no ability to score and the PP couldn't find water if it fell out of a boat.
This team looks just like last year's version under Torts. I wish management would quit being ridiculous and thinking we can compete for the Cup somehow. Have we learned nothing from watching Toronto and Calgary make the same mistake for the last 10 years?
I don't think they really believe that; but, they have a business to run, and with ticket sales already down so much, I don't think they can ever just come out and say 'rebuild'.

But, wether they say it or not, we are in full rebuild mode.
Some of the 'rebuild' will come in the form of players coming to management and saying 'sure...I'll accept a trade elsewhere, as we clearly suck, and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future.'

But, two players who we will likely never move (or perhaps even be able to move) are the Sedins. They have really slowed down. 2 seasons in a row, where they start out great and fade. Tort's took the blame for tiring them out last yr...but WD has really done a good job with that, yet they still look tired.

McCann has something like 21 points in his last 8 games. Virtanen has 14 in his last 5 since coming back from the World Juniors with a shoulder injury.

Hard fought win for the Caps last night and tonight for the real test against the Ducks. Hope the Caps can play a solid game and see how they do against top tier competition.

Hard fought win for the Caps last night and tonight for the real test against the Ducks. Hope the Caps can play a solid game and see how they do against top tier competition.

Hoping Getzlaf can play tonight. Last I heard he is a game time decision.

Hoping Getzlaf can play tonight. Last I heard he is a game time decision.
Damn how long has he been hurt? He is a beast

Damn how long has he been hurt? He is a beast

He missed last nights game against the Preds but before that it was an unknown thing. Apparently he aggravated a lower body issue during warm ups yesterday. Must not be serious.

Ryan Hulkzlaf is his alter ego.

He missed last nights game against the Preds but before that it was an unknown thing. Apparently he aggravated a lower body issue during warm ups yesterday. Must not be serious.

Ryan Hulkzlaf is his alter ego.
Haha that's awesome.

What is the goalie situation for the Ducks this season? I thought I heard Bryzgolov is on the team

You'd better coming out jumping. Ducks are a heck of a team. Preds thought they could coast with Rinne back and Getzlaf out. Whoops.

You'd better coming out jumping. Ducks are a heck of a team. Preds thought they could coast with Rinne back and Getzlaf out. Whoops.
Yeah I am hoping that both teams playing last helps the Caps. It is a home game and they generally play well but No Holtby so who really knows how it will go haha

Haha that's awesome.

What is the goalie situation for the Ducks this season? I thought I heard Bryzgolov is on the team

They have leaned on a young guy, Frederik Andersen, a lot all season and he has been stellar. Tied with Rinne for wins. He's one of those big tenders that plays very calm and moves very well.

Tonight Bryzgalov is getting the start. He has been mediocre at best.

Not a fan of these Duck jerseys they don't even look like hockey jerseys.

With no Holtby be this is going to be on the team as a whole to get a result. Grubauer hasn't got a lot of NHL action this season.

Jesus that was such a soft call.

Jesus that was such a soft call.

Seemed legit to me. Ovi stuck out his leg and pulled the defender down. Not a good move by Ovi, should never get close to a penalty trying to negate icing.

Seemed legit to me. Ovi stuck out his leg and pulled the defender down. Not a good move by Ovi, should never get close to a penalty trying to negate icing.
Weak IMO defenseman also got in his way as he was moving toward the puck. Should have been both for interference

My feeling is also linesman was blowing the play dead for icing why not let that small stuff go? Doesn't get called in the playoffs

Stumbled my way into some tickets for tomorrow's Canucks game vs the Penguins. Hopefully the Canucks learn how to skate between now and then but I haven't seen Crosby play live since the 2010 Olympics. Should be great!

Weak IMO defenseman also got in his way as he was moving toward the puck. Should have been both for interference

It is a guy who is barely 5'9".

Weak call is all I said

Back