Driver swing help...

semi

Reaction score
Handicap
About a year ago, i was asking questions on how to eliminate my slice. Well, i was able to completely get rid of it just by being conscience of the club face position thru out my driver swing. Looking in a mirror, i could see that i was allowing the face of the driver to open way too much. I corrected this and my slice was gone. Several rounds of golf and i had a great little baby draw consistently traveling about 260 yards. I was playing the best golf of my life and got down to an 8 HDCP after only playing for 6 years.

fast forward to today, well, now i am consistently hitting hooks and huge draws traveling down the left side and usually in the rough. I think i may be over compensating in the face position. I am not sure however, but any tips to what i should be looking at to get back on track? i mean, i went from a slicer/fader to perfect to now hook/huge draw.

It sounds like you have limited hip rotation and shut club face. I would take a look at your hips and make sure they are starting the golf swing. I'd also worry more about solid contact vs the results of your swing. If you are hitting hooks, that means you are loosing distance and this is from a poor swing. Just like you found away to square the face to rid yourself of the slice. You should do the same to get rid of the hooks.

If you ball is starting left then you path is left. Combine this with no lower body and you get the hooks. Add some lower body and you get a pull draw. We need to get your path more down the line and not moving left too soon. This will require a lower body start to the golf swing.

Back