PING - 2015 PGA Show Booth

Love the look of the Glide wedges.

Using Tapatalk

You are right.
I think Ping realizes they need more sizzle at the show now. Hence the reason they had their Sprinter Vans inside, a sim section and Bubba Watson there.

2 years ago it was simply the worst booth I had seen. Last year they improved slightly. This year they tried again.

When you see other companies increase marketshare that have been behind you in the past it makes you think.
How much of the lack of pop is because they rely on a fairly large older golfer base? Also is this a sign that the Solhiem brothers business model still runs true with in the corporate model.

I did get to hit the wedge in their sim booth yesterday and really liked the feel of it a lot, I'm actually pissed I just picked up a new set of cleavlands or I would consider putting these in the bag.

Dear Glide wedges...I still want to hit you.

Badly.

First time I can say that about a PING wedge in YEARS.

Badly.

I've been enjoying my Mac Daddy 2 wedges (best forged wedge out there) but I pulled the trigger and ordered the PING Glide 54SS and 58 with a combo grind. Chose the stock shaft and grip to give those a try.

I've been enjoying my Mac Daddy 2 wedges (best forged wedge out there) but I pulled the trigger and ordered the PING Glide 54SS and 58 with a combo grind. Chose the stock shaft and grip to give those a try.

Will be interested to see how it goes. I'd bet I'll have a set later this year once used ones start popping up.

Badly.

I really do want to get a set of them. They hit so nice. Sadly I just replaced my wedges about a month or so ago.

I do like the look of a couple of those putters. May have to take a closer look next time I'm in store.

Will be interested to see how it goes. I'd bet I'll have a set later this year once used ones start popping up.

They should ship tomorrow. Could have used them this weekend for my 2 day tournament freezing cold North East tourney.

Quick post.

They were waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work. Feel is better than last model but not as soft as the i25 wedges, they feel closer to the S55's. Distance wise very precise. Spin was just over 10k on the 54 degree which puts them right up there with the Vokey SM5 and Mac Daddy 2's.

I got the stock CFS Wedge shaft. It's has the True Temper stamp on it so that's who makes it.

Next to the i25 Gap
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG

Ball Flight PING Glide 54° SS
IMG_0292.PNG

Ball Flight Mac Daddy 2 54°
IMG_0293.PNG

Quick post.

They were waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work. Feel is better than last model but not as soft as the i25 wedges, they feel closer to the S55's. Distance wise very precise. Spin was just over 10k on the 54 degree which puts them right up there with the Vokey SM5 and Mac Daddy 2's.

I got the stock CFS Wedge shaft. It's has the True Temper stamp on it so that's who makes it.

I am thinking about picking up this exact setup. Are you pretty happy with these or you wishing you went with something else? I know you haven't had too much time with these yet, so please take some time to formulate your response.

Thanks for the below pictures...they looks so sexy!

I am thinking about picking up this exact setup. Are you pretty happy with these or you wishing you went with something else? I know you haven't had too much time with these yet, so please take some time to formulate your response.

Thanks for the below pictures...they looks so sexy!

It really depends on what you want out of a wedge. The PING Glides aren't very forgiving but they are very exacting. What you get out of the shots is exactly what you put in. My normal easy shot is a draw, I like to hit it about 108 with a bit of hop and stop. With this wedge I can repeat the shot over and over. It's something I couldn't do with my TaylorMade's and Cleveland 588RTX's (your results may vary)

The CFS Wedge shaft feels very similar to the KBS Wedge shaft (Stiff and low hitting). The hosel is pretty long on these wedges so hitting out towards the toe was a good 8 yard loss when testing.

Vs the Mac Daddy 2's the feel isn't as buttery, but the strike feels very solid even on miss hits. The bounce is very high on these wedges even on the 58 TS. They sit up a lot higher than my stock Mac Daddy 2's. This is something I was looking for though as I use the bounce a lot where I play and hit a closed faced draw more often than cuts so need some extra bounce.

Overall, if you like "precision" wedges that give repeatable distances the Glides are that (with lots of spin). The Mac Daddy 2 wedges are just as precise but have a nicer feel to them. I'm on the fence about the grip though, I'm just so used to the feel of iLine or Pure Pro's.

Just wanted to add, best PING Wedge I've ever hit by far. So if you're into PING it's a good fit..

Back