Swing Development - Nate1308

nate13

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Freddie, looking for swing advice and where i should be looking to improve going forward this winter. I'm a long term lurker of this site and love it for the advice, reviews and learning etc it gives. Over the past 2 seasons ive dropped my handicap from 36 to 15 and my swing has greatly improved from where it started (very up and down all arms cricket swing), but i still feel like im no where near my potential and my game is inconsistent i.e. im as likely to shoot a birdie as i am a 8.. its a great game :banghead:.

I have a two way miss going on for my bad shots (pull and a slice) and my good shots are straight to a soft draw. Current swing speed, if it makes a difference, is 83-86 with 7i and 95-100 with driver. I cant help but feel i should be able to swing faster than this (more so with the driver) and dont really feel like i engage my legs to generate the speed, but my strike suffers when i try.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I think you have a descent swing. It's free and fluid. I also like the fact that you're working on not sliding through impact. But this drill has restricted your leg drive and depleted your swing of any power. The drill has also caused you to stop the hip rotation which leave only your arms to swing through.

Clearing the left hip is one of the keys to power. If it stops then the power stops. Make sure the club doesn't get to far behind you and work on fully clearing the left hip.

Hi Freddie, looking for swing advice and where i should be looking to improve going forward this winter. I'm a long term lurker of this site and love it for the advice, reviews and learning etc it gives. Over the past 2 seasons ive dropped my handicap from 36 to 15 and my swing has greatly improved from where it started (very up and down all arms cricket swing), but i still feel like im no where near my potential and my game is inconsistent i.e. im as likely to shoot a birdie as i am a 8.. its a great game :banghead:.

I have a two way miss going on for my bad shots (pull and a slice) and my good shots are straight to a soft draw. Current swing speed, if it makes a difference, is 83-86 with 7i and 95-100 with driver. I cant help but feel i should be able to swing faster than this (more so with the driver) and dont really feel like i engage my legs to generate the speed, but my strike suffers when i try.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Nice swing! You could easily be a single digit player. Some years ago, I struggled in the mid hdcp. range (2-3 years) before I made the decision to place my priority on good clean contact instead of power. The end result was that my swing speed ended up increasing naturally because I was so confident with my swing groove. I didn't have to think about it.

Thank you both! Ill go away and work on those suggestions and come back when i think ive got them grooved better :)

Back