Any Myrtle Beach Experts

jchez444

Reaction score
Handicap
we are going to pass on the glens due to there condos being a decent ride away from the night-life part of myrtle which a large portion of the group indulges. so i have these two options, im pretty sure we are going to go with option 1

Option 1: playing four rounds at the following:Aberdeen CC, Burning Ridge, Colonial Charters, Founders Club, Indian Wells, LitchField CC, MBN SouthCreek, MBN West, Myrtlewood Palmetto, Myrtlewood Pine Hills, River Hills, Tradition.

Now these courses but they have a surcharge which will be listed next to the course Grande Dunes($50), Long Bay ($26), MBN King North($50), Pawleys Plantation($35), Pine Lakes CC($35), River Club($26), TPC Myrtle Beach($50), Wild Wing Avocet($26), Willbrook Plantation($26), World Tour($50).
Im thinking of picking 1 or 2 of the courses included at then adding 2 or 3 of the surcharge courses.

Option 2: Legends playing Heritage Club, Oyster Bay and 2 of Parkland, Heathland or Moorland.

any opinions would be great

Option 1 is good only if you are willing to pay the $50 surcharge on at least 1 course (TPC or Grande Dunes are the top 2 at $50) and a lower surcharge (all are good in the $26 to $35 . River Hills, the 2 MBN courses are probably the next best 2.

Option 2 is a better deal. The courses are all very good, particularly Heritage. Heritage is one of the top courses in Myrtle and very scenic. Of the 3 onsite, Heathland, Moorland, and Parkland is how I'd rank them. Oyster Bay is an excellent layout, very scenic. The Legends condos are not right at the action, but a quick (and cheap) Uber anywhere in Myrtle proper. There is a really good pub onsite at the condos and you get acess to the drivjg range which is lit. l They also come with a good breakfast buffet, order anything off the menu for lunch, and 2 beers. This is by far the better deal. What I'd recommend is to play Heathland the first day, Heritage or Oyseter Bay the 2nd day, and Moorland the 3rd. Parkland is a good sub if you get shut out of any of the others onsite.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just realized your playing 5. Play the Legends definitely. 5 very strong layouts.

Awesome info, thank you for responding

One caveat, the breakfast and lunch is at the course you play that day which is great for lunch, not great for breakfast on mornings you have to leave the Legends complex.

Meaning the heritage and oyster rounds. I thought they served a breakfast and gave lunch at there place

Yes, they do give you breakfast, lunch, and 2 drinks at Heritage and Oyster Bay clubhouses on the days you play there. At the Legends complex, you get breakfast, lunch, and 2 drinks at the clubhouse when you play the 3 onsite courses. Food is good.

Yes, they do give you breakfast, lunch, and 2 drinks at Heritage and Oyster Bay clubhouses on the days you play there. At the Legends complex, you get breakfast, lunch, and 2 drinks at the clubhouse when you play the 3 onsite courses. Food is good.

oh yes they do, i played there years ago. there package is a strong consideration. for the other package im looking at the following courses
MBN West
MBN Southcreek or Litchfield
TPC Myrtle Beach
Grande Dune or MBN North

still kinda undecided lol

Legends courses definitely, great practice area and they're always in good shape.

Legends courses definitely, great practice area and they're always in good shape.[/QUOTE i was just thinking about the shape that the legends would be in considering how much play they get. i m reading and hearing reviews that oyster bay struggled with there conditions this past year

I'm not an expert because spring last year was the first time I was down there. We played 13 eighteen hole rounds in 7 days and many of them being the top rated courses. My favorite of all was True Blue. If you have the opportunity to play this gem DEFINITELY PLAY IT !!!!!

that sounds like it was an awesome trip. i plan to, ill be staying a few extra days and the family will be coming down and i was planning to try and play caledonia and true blue. if i only get one in i think its going to be caledonia

AVOID Colonial Charters! That place is a sh** hole course.

Legends and Myrtlewood are good value courses.

When I lived there 15 years ago, Indian Wells and Burning Ridge were two of my go to courses. They are good layouts and were always in good condition.

that sounds like it was an awesome trip. i plan to, ill be staying a few extra days and the family will be coming down and i was planning to try and play caledonia and true blue. if i only get one in i think its going to be caledonia

Both fantastic courses - played them both. If I could only play one it would be True Blue. YMMV.

Both fantastic courses - played them both. If I could only play one it would be True Blue. YMMV.
Right now i think the most plays in the Package are: Kings North, TPC Myrtle and Grande Dunes

Now to fill out the package having trouble picking one from, Aberdeen CC, Long Bay, Pine Lakes, MBN WEst, Willbrook, River Club, Indian Wells, Myrtlewood courses. But we are almost there with everything. Currently with my group this package is slightly leading the legends which people like the convience of it

Right now i think the most plays in the Package are: Kings North, TPC Myrtle and Grande Dunes

Now to fill out the package having trouble picking one from, Aberdeen CC, Long Bay, Pine Lakes, MBN WEst, Willbrook, River Club, Indian Wells, Myrtlewood courses. But we are almost there with everything. Currently with my group this package is slightly leading the legends which people like the convience of it

I'd go Long Bay or Pine Lakes, both are fantastic.

I'd go Willbrook and Pine Lakes, or Long Bay. All 3 are solid, Willbrook is the prettiest, Long Bay is the hardest, and Pine Lakes is the easiest.

Back