Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a coupon good through April 30, 2015 for a free bucket of balls for the driving range with the purchase of 18 holes at Batavia CC on there website if you sign up for their newsletter if you are not already signed up for it.

Dean and I got out locally today. The back 9 was in decent shape, but the front was a soggy, swampy, muddy mess. Turning stone is right around the corner, let's hope for a dry April.

Dean and I got out locally today. The back 9 was in decent shape, but the front was a soggy, swampy, muddy mess. Turning stone is right around the corner, let's hope for a dry April.
How'd the arm feel, Pete?

How'd the arm feel, Pete?
It's going to be fine. I iced it every two hours yesterday, with anti-inflammatories every four and it feels good. I wore my grandpa tennis elbow brace today during the round and felt no pain. It's always after that it's sore and I'm back on the ice regimen tonight. Just trying to knock out the last of the soreness.

It's going to be fine. I iced it every two hours yesterday, with anti-inflammatories every four and it feels good. I wore my grandpa tennis elbow brace today during the round and felt no pain. It's always after that it's sore and I'm back on the ice regimen tonight. Just trying to knock out the last of the soreness.
Glad to hear. Just make sure you're in good shape for Shenandoah.

looks like the round I had yesterday, outside of the fairways were snowbanks, in the fairways, it was so soggy, we had to play in water boots

Pretty disgusted with Buffalo Tournament Club. They just opened Friday, course is soaked, no ball-washers or tee-box markers and they're charging $37 for a weekend round whether you walk or ride. Won't be playing there again anytime soon.

Pretty disgusted with Buffalo Tournament Club. They just opened Friday, course is soaked, no ball-washers or tee-box markers and they're charging $37 for a weekend round whether you walk or ride. Won't be playing there again anytime soon.
Holy crap $37 for walking a coarse that has had nothing done other than putting the pins in. That's crazy or are they a high dollar fee place when they actually have everything up to snuff?

Thats disappointing. I would say I'm surprised but somehow not really feeling that way. Guess I know what course we won't be going to when I come home.

Holy crap $37 for walking a coarse that has had nothing done other than putting the pins in. That's crazy or are they a high dollar fee place when they actually have everything up to snuff?
They're usually overpriced IMO, but their greens are incredible and it's a fun course to play, nice layout and scoreable.
Thats disappointing. I would say I'm surprised but somehow not really feeling that way. Guess I know what course we won't be going to when I come home.
I'll play there again at some point but we'll do Hickory Stick or Harvest Hill next time you're in town.

They're usually overpriced IMO, but their greens are incredible and it's a fun course to play, nice layout and scoreable.

I'll play there again at some point but we'll do Hickory Stick or Harvest Hill next time you're in town.

exactly my thoughts on BTC and either of those two courses work.

Hey all! Played Batavia CC yesterday,a little wet but generally in good shape. Greens were fluffy as expected. Ivy Ridge this Saturday and will try BTC on Sunday.
Called Arrowhead and they wanted a credit card and can't book a tee time for a twosome on the weekend until 24 hrs before you want to play.Anyone ever heard of this? I e-mailed the GM with my dismay and haven't heard anything yet.

Played Cragie yesterday, besides some muddy spots it was in decent shape and the greens were actually pretty damn good (the were finishing mowing them as we teed off). My chipping was hit or miss but my irons were pretty solid, just being out and playing was enough to make it a good day though.

Hey all! Played Batavia CC yesterday,a little wet but generally in good shape. Greens were fluffy as expected. Ivy Ridge this Saturday and will try BTC on Sunday.
Called Arrowhead and they wanted a credit card and can't book a tee time for a twosome on the weekend until 24 hrs before you want to play.Anyone ever heard of this? I e-mailed the GM with my dismay and haven't heard anything yet.
Played Batavia CC today, pretty wet but the greens were in good shape.
See my earlier post about BTC.
Didn't even know Arrowhead was open. Are they under new management?

Hey moose and Plin, great to get to join you guys today. Had a great day even though my putter was on vacation. Look forward to doing it again.

Hey moose and Plin, great to get to join you guys today. Had a great day even though my putter was on vacation. Look forward to doing it again.
It was great fun today guys. Wind, mudballs and all.

Moose I want that picture.

Hey Paul, you're off the waiting list and in the field for Locust Hill now. I'm #3 on the waiting list now.

I hate how the USGA tournaments are organized during the week, I understand why they don't do it on weekends but it still sucks.

I hate how the USGA tournaments are organized during the week, I understand why they don't do it on weekends but it still sucks.

Same here. I completely understand why they do it. Most of the courses they host at are closed on Monday's I'm sure and they don't want to give up their big money makers which is the weekends, but I just can't burn up time off from work right now to play in them.

Same here. I completely understand why they do it. Most of the courses they host at are closed on Monday's I'm sure and they don't want to give up their big money makers which is the weekends, but I just can't burn up time off from work right now to play in them.

Luckily, when you're as old as me and worked at the same place as long as I have I've got some PTO available, anywhere from 30-42 days off a year, and that doesn't even include holidays :)

Luckily, when you're as old as me and worked at the same place as long as I have I've got some PTO available, anywhere from 30-42 days off a year, and that doesn't even include holidays :)

damn I can't wait to get that old :alien:

Oh I'll get there buddy. I'll play in some next year for sure, this year just about all of my time of was spoken for!

Hey Paul, you're off the waiting list and in the field for Locust Hill now. I'm #3 on the waiting list now.
Yeah I just saw the email. Surprised really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back