Money is no object, what one item do you buy?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Say you are given a free pass to buy any piece of equipment (putter, iron set, wedges, fairway wood, hybrid or driver). It could be new or used, fresh product or a classic tribute club. It could be something you want to game or something you want as a collector piece. What would you buy?

I think I would have to go with a collector piece. It would be the replica Scotty Cameron TeI 3 putter from Tiger's 1997 Masters win. Watching that tournament was one of the most memorable things I can ever remember in golf and I would love to have a tribute to it.

Tiger5.jpg

If money was no object I'd fly out to California and have Scotty make me a one off of exactly everything I want in a putter.

The ultimate PXG Experience with the Four Seasons Upgrade.
b887c8f62141efa18315a78973ab3517.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably a set of PXG irons. They might not fit my game, but if I had the cash I'd buy a set just to satisfy my stupid equipment addiction.

Anthony Taranto custom wedges

A more realistic golf simulator program. Mine is good but not $20,000 good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may sound odd but I would want Daly's 0-iron. I really like driving irons and this would be a cool, unique piece to have in my opinion

PXG Irons or the Titleist 917 D2 - custom fit for both.

The Callaway Tour Truck

Set of Apex Black irons.

PXG Irons or the Titleist 917 D2 - custom fit for both.

that titleist demo day left an impression on you i see

I'd buy a house at the hideaway

I'd go with a full blown in house Trackman and Projector setup.

I don't think that's what you're asking though so if it had to be a club it would be a putter for me. Probably get fit into a one-off custom Toulon, Scotty, or Byron.

Full indoor Trackman simular setup for winter play, LM numbers, and clubfitting. I'd also be set up to do my own club work as well.

Literally a dream of mine. I think it would be amazing to be a clubfitter on the side.

full setup with trackman for club testing. but that would also require that i buy a new house, and have an unlimited budget to buy and test new clubs, and a work space to tinker with club builds, and learning how to actually work on clubs, and on and on.

I'd go with a full blown in house Trackman and Projector setup.

I don't think that's what you're asking though so if it had to be a club it would be a putter for me. Probably get fit into a one-off custom Toulon, Scotty, or Byron.

Yeah, I guess I was originally thinking clubs exclusively but there are some great ideas in here!

that titleist demo day left an impression on you i see

Honestly money is no object - I would probably go with two drivers one that doesn't miss and one that bombs away

I can afford it with my bag gapping and if i move to the srixons i could get away with it even more

A high end, custom putter built to my specs.

Trackman. But if it would have to be a club it would either be pxg/miura irons or a tricked out Toulon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Taranto custom wedges

I was thinking a Taranto set! Driver to putter, heck if he could design a bag, head covers, shoes, hat, clothes, etc. I'd rock all of them!

I would have to go with a full indoor trackman setup, full Shabang with a bar down there so I can entertain people. Whole nine yards

My own course

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I second that one...

I would buy the plot of land needed from a defunct nearby club, get Gil Hanse to come redesign and construct the course ( since it would be his back yard), add a couple of other features to the property to cater to my other interest.

Since I'm not selfish, any junior wanting to learn the game would have unlimited no cost access...

Back