PSA: How GolfNow works

Smallville-
The reaon I ask is because I'm a regular at a couple of courses that have recently started using GolfNow and I feel guilty using the Hot Deals since none of the money goes to the course.

Smallville-
The reaon I ask is because I'm a regular at a couple of courses that have recently started using GolfNow and I feel guilty using the Hot Deals since none of the money goes to the course.
Use them, someone is going to so it may as well be you! They almost always get purchased as long as it is a decent day to golf.

PSA: How GolfNow works

I almost exclusively play using Hot Deals. I pretty much always play midday during the week as a single, so it just makes sense. I have one booked for tomorrow at noon that was $10. The normal rate is $30, so it's a pretty good savings.

I feel no shame or guilt for using Hot Deals. It is an option presented to me, so I take advantage of it. If a course doesn't like that, they shouldn't use Golf Now. I'm new to the game, so I think quantity of play is much more important than quality of the course. About the only time I pay more than $20 for a round is on the rare occasion I get to play with my brother-in-law on a weekend.

I almost exclusively play using Hot Deals. I pretty much always play midday during the week as a single, so it just makes sense. I have one booked for tomorrow at noon that was $10. The normal rate is $30, so it's a pretty good savings.

I feel no shame or guilt for using Hot Deals. It is an option presented to me, so I take advantage of it. If a course doesn't like that, they shouldn't use Golf Now. I'm new to the game, so I think quantity of play is much more important than quality of the course. About the only time I pay more than $20 for a round is on the rare occasion I get to play with my brother-in-law on a weekend.

My guilt is when I go out as a single and tap into the foursome reservation - leaving three slots. Guess as you say, Golfnow should change their system somehow to keep singles from tapping into the tee times. Some courses do this by making a two-some or foursome the only Golfnow options.

I'm still not really happy with the service charge they now add to the tee time.

I used GolfNow a lot last year for both Hot Deals and just regular tee times. But the new fees this year only make it worth it if you book Hot Deals now. I haven't used GolfNow once this year. Several of the courses around here would compalin about you using GolfNow to book a time and no longer use it. They always made you feel like less of a customer for doing so. Late last year at the course I played the most, the lady managing it went on a rant to me about people who use GolfNow, how she hated them coming out, how the course didn't want or need their business. She said they were going to stop using GolfNow. She did this to me even though I've been a good customer and I didn't always use GolfNow. If a deal was still there I would, but if it was gone, I'd just call the course and get a tee time. Or show up and pay whatever the price was and play. But that rant in November was my last day going out there. I assume they stopped using GolfNow at the first of the year. They lasted 2 months and closed down in February. But she got what she wanted. No more low class GolfNow users at her course.

So if I book on Golfnow and it says I owe the course such and such $$$, and I change my mind and no-show, I don't get charged anything except that service charge ($2 and change?)? Normally I use Hot Deal so I pay GolfNow and rarely do the pay the course option.

So if I book on Golfnow and it says I owe the course such and such $$$, and I change my mind and no-show, I don't get charged anything except that service charge ($2 and change?)? Normally I use Hot Deal so I pay GolfNow and rarely do the pay the course option.

Some courses charge for no show even thru golf now. There are terms for each course you can read before booking.

My guilt is when I go out as a single and tap into the foursome reservation - leaving three slots. Guess as you say, Golfnow should change their system somehow to keep singles from tapping into the tee times. Some courses do this by making a two-some or foursome the only Golfnow options.

I'm still not really happy with the service charge they now add to the tee time.

If you aren't getting the hot dael, where you pay online, make sure to check the course's website, or call the pro shop directly. Golf Now prices are not that good if it's not a hot deal. And unless you have used them enough to get them to waive the booking fee, a golf course's prices can be $2.50 higher than Golf Now and still be the same price.

A word about the Golf Now booking fee: if you don't show for the tee time, you still are charged the booking fee. So don't book until you know that is the time and course you want.

Exactly right.

Some courses charge for no show even thru golf now. There are terms for each course you can read before booking.
Not sure how the course does that since they do not have any credit card information. Golf Now has it, but they don't share it with the courses. I'd think that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

And if you get charged for a no show, FIGHT IT. I am not sure that is even legal, but we don't charge for no shows. We don't tell people we don't, but we don't. Them thinking we do helps keep the no shows down. But if someone no shows us, they don't get charged anything.

I have used golfnow for propbably 6 years now on my yearly visit to Orlando. It was great in the first years but lately all they have are "Residents" rates all over the page. It is difficault to get a good price without beeing a resident. Maybe that is just how the get money of the tourist now :)

There is a GolfNow thread up and I thought this one could use a bump.

Where I am at now (Dubs Dread) uses Tee Quest, not GolfNow, but the premise is the same. Two tee times traded for being on the Tee Quest website.

It's so odd with GolfNow and all the other tee time aggregating services for me. In St. Louis I never find them the cheapest - booking directly on the course website is nearly always the cheapest. However, when I travel to places like Florida it's the opposite - the courses seem to frequently post the rack rate on their website and it seems to always be a few bucks cheaper on golfnow or teeitup.com.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a GolfNow thread up and I thought this one could use a bump.

Where I am at now (Dubs Dread) uses Tee Quest, not GolfNow, but the premise is the same. Two tee times traded for being on the Tee Quest website.
I tried to access the link in the OP and it's security certificate has expired. Firefox won't let me even access the page.

I will say I'm not happy with some of the golfnow changes this year.

But I will give them props, I had a problem recently and they gave me great customer service and took care of me when they didn't have to

The having to book 3 days in advance to use the $10 off reward is total garbage. You save nothing basically as the hot deals cost $10 more 3 days out. I have just started using 3 at once so I can get some sort of value.

You reminded me of something I forgot to mention that in the Banter Thread - the guy didn't want to do a rain check at first because we supposedly had a twilight tee time and there is no guarantee for those slots. I had to remind him that we actually had a morning tee time but went off in the afternoon because of the frost delay. That's when he said no because of GN. Now that I'm putting it together, the guy just didn't want to do a rain check.

Jesus why would you now want a customer to come back. Some of these people at the register really confuse me.

I recently took the plunge for the $99 VIP and can see the benefits. Convenience fees waives. No cancellation penalty if it were to happen. A dozen $47.99 TaylorMade TP5 golf balls, and more rewards points after each round is booked.

I've had zero issues with GN. Happy customer.

I recently took the plunge for the $99 VIP and can see the benefits. Convenience fees waives. No cancellation penalty if it were to happen. A dozen $47.99 TaylorMade TP5 golf balls, and more rewards points after each round is booked.

I've had zero issues with GN. Happy customer.

I have had zero issue with GN. They took care of me last year with an event in Orlando.

although i swore off golfnow because they pissed me off on a cancellation i couldn't do anything about, i do give them props for saving me $110 today. called a course for a tee time, and the price was $55 higher per golfer than golfnow. i have honestly never (that i can remember) had the experience of calling a course and have them honor a golfnow price if i book directly through them.

The having to book 3 days in advance to use the $10 off reward is total garbage. You save nothing basically as the hot deals cost $10 more 3 days out. I have just started using 3 at once so I can get some sort of value.

Completely agree with this...it essentially goes against the whole premise of what GolfNow is designed to offer -- a tee time right now, generally at a discounted rate. Having to book 3 days out makes this "benefit" useless in my opinion.

although i swore off golfnow because they pissed me off on a cancellation i couldn't do anything about, i do give them props for saving me $110 today. called a course for a tee time, and the price was $55 higher per golfer than golfnow. i have honestly never (that i can remember) had the experience of calling a course and have them honor a golfnow price if i book directly through them.

I used GN for the first time a few weeks ago when I played with markm778 at the Revere in Henderson, NV. Locals price was $65 through the club, but something like $110 for non-locals. I originally booked a time through the club at the local rate for both of us. I haven't had a course check my ID for my local address in a long time, but I didn't want Mark to get stuck paying almost double if they happened to ask him, so I checked with the clubhouse a few days early to see if that was going to be a problem. I should have known, but they confirmed that they would have charged Mark $110.

I hopped on GN and saw that the non-local price was $60, while the local price was the same as the club - $65. I called the club back and asked if they would just give the Mark the local rate of $65 (not even the $60 on GN), and they said no. I said I'd rather book through you directly, but they didn't budge. Strange. So I ended booking GN and got the $60 rate for both of us. Bunch of dummies in the clubhouse if you ask me.

I used GN for the first time a few weeks ago when I played with markm778 at the Revere in Henderson, NV. Locals price was $65 through the club, but something like $110 for non-locals. I originally booked a time through the club at the local rate for both of us. I haven't had a course check my ID for my local address in a long time, but I didn't want Mark to get stuck paying almost double if they happened to ask him, so I checked with the clubhouse a few days early to see if that was going to be a problem. I should have known, but they confirmed that they would have charged Mark $110.

I hopped on GN and saw that the non-local price was $60, while the local price was the same as the club - $65. I called the club back and asked if they would just give the Mark the local rate of $65 (not even the $60 on GN), and they said no. I said I'd rather book through you directly, but they didn't budge. Strange. So I ended booking GN and got the $60 rate for both of us. Bunch of dummies in the clubhouse if you ask me.

I intentionally avoid sites like GN because I feel the club should have all the revenue from my play. That said, the above situation is beyond moronic and i would have done the same...

Back