hackernation

One shot at a time
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone been to the Vatican, just wondering if there is a gift shop that sells authentic items in the Vatican or the best place to buy. Thank you in advance!!

Has anyone been to the Vatican, just wondering if there is a gift shop that sells authentic items in the Vatican or the best place to buy. Thank you in advance!!

Yes, when you come through the doors you enter into a gift shop. Best to buy items when you arrive rather then when leaving because most of the time you end up leaving from St. Peter's.

Yes there is. My sister bought Pope Francis' zucchetto at the gift shop and he actually traded her for the one on his head. A life changing moment for her

Yes, when you come through the doors you enter into a gift shop. Best to buy items when you arrive rather then when leaving because most of the time you end up leaving from St. Peter's.

Awesome, thank you very much :clapp:

confirming what the others said. just know that it's a freaking ZOO when you enter. we did a guided tour (can't recommend this enough), so did not have much time to shop around beforehand. i do think we had time to shop afterward but we had another tour that started after and had to leave.

confirming what the others said. just know that it's a freaking ZOO when you enter. we did a guided tour (can't recommend this enough), so did not have much time to shop around beforehand. i do think we had time to shop afterward but we had another tour that started after and had to leave.

^^^^ yup

Do they have Vatican logo golf balls?

I was there New Years Day 2015, and there are a number of gift shops in the area. It wasn't too crazy while I was there, but it was freakin' cold so I suspect that had something to do with it. Go on and scoop up a bottle of that legit Pope cologne!

YKMKgw7l.jpg

j9w9vSil.jpg

t4qgxrVl.jpg

Apparently they do...:banana:

pope.PNG

Also, at least with the tour I did, after you buy something you can supposedly have it blessed by the Pope and then they deliver it to your hotel. I assume they put everyone's purchases for the day in a room and he comes in and does some generic blessing on everything at once.

I have been to the Vatican.

IMO buy from the street vendors outside the Vatican.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make sure you have a lot of time there. i think our tour was 4 hours and we could have spent another 4 hours there. i'm not catholic and wasn't too excited about the vatican, but it ended up being one of the highlights of our trip last year.

This may be a obvious statement...but I believe people are saying the gift shop is inside the doors at the Vatican Museum, the entrance being several blocks away from St. Peters Basilica. The street vendors are mostly around St. Peters Square right outside the Basilica.

I won't lie, as a non-catholic, the idea of official Pope's Cologne cracks me up.

I have been to the Vatican.

IMO buy from the street vendors outside the Vatican.

Is it the same? Looking to purchase authentic items....Thank you!!

Is it the same? Looking to purchase authentic items....Thank you!!

Yes.
I understood them to be excess stock.
I actually bought my wife's grandmother a rosary made from rose petals that is very nice and couldn't be found in the gift shop.

I won't lie, as a non-catholic, the idea of official Pope's Cologne cracks me up.

I am Catholic but the idea of Pope cologne is pretty funny! I guess he probably doesn't wear it though as attracting the ladies may be a no-no for him

Spend the extra money on a guided tour. And spend the extra extra money on a private guided tour. Ours was 5+ hours long and it was just the tour guide and the two of us. It was fantastic and included several areas that are not generally accessible to the public.

Sorry I didn't really answer your question on the gift shop stuff - not much advice here since we don't do much touristy type shopping when abroad.

Back