Fire Destroys Bogey Hills Country Club

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
Please keep the Walters Family in your thoughts today. Last night a fire completely destroyed their Bogey Hills Clubhouse. This place has been a golf institution in the St. Louis area for decades and has been run by 3 generations of Walters. The Walters family has been golf ambassadors and champions in the St. Louis area for decades through golf course ownership, golf club management via Walters Golf Management (they manage my home course) and promoting the game. They do an incredible job taking older courses that might have otherwise closed and get the right people in place to bring them back to prominence.
5bf0f449815b6f9eb78146e369ffb321.jpg

Bogey Hills started hosting an Adams Mini Tour event last year that immediately became one of the premiere stops on the mini tour due to the large purse - it was nice to have tour golf back in the area.

I personally know many of the Walters and all are just the greatest. It's a real tragedy.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/fire-destroys-golf-club-in-st-charles/409199149

aa8e7bdde86b8414f1dbaf392a20f0c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya never like to hear that.

That's terrible to hear. Hopefully they're able to recover, and quickly.

Man, hate to read that. Hopefully insurance comes throough

I was a member there for a short while, the Walters are a huge part of the stl golf family for sure. Knowing how much they love golf, I'm sure they will come back stronger than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's terrible. Hoping for the best, the course looks gorgeous in the picture.

~Rock

So sorry to hear about this. Good people.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully they can get everything back up and running soon.

What a shame. I hope their insurance takes care of the physical damages at least!!

That sucks, hate hearing stories like that.

That is terrible to hear. Hopefully they can get everything rebuilt and running as soon as possible.

Sad to hear, hopefully they come back strong.

The good news is that Denny Walters is already positive about coming back better than ever. Here are some pics of the damage.
7377a27e87ca054e4ff486cd8116fc17.jpg

c0719876354a90cd8823336ae34d86ca.jpg

Unfortunately a bunch of weddings were scheduled over the next few months so they are scrambling to find alternative venues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow...that is....bad.

That's awful.

That's terrible.
Thoughts out to the Walters family and all who enjoy the facility.

That is awful. Hope that they do come back stronger and better. Sounds like a wonderful family and a huge benefit to the golfing community there.

Yet look at the flag . . . .

That's terrible hope they can get back up quickly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's terrible, really hate to hear it. Hope they get up and running sooner rather than later.

Hope they can recover and come back better than before the fire

Man that sucks! Hopefully insurance will get them back up and running!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. Wow. What a loss. Hopeful that they can bounce back their.

Anytime I see their name on a property I know I'll be having a great golf experience. Their courses are always top notch.

Back