Poll: Which Epic did you buy, standard or Subzero?

Poll: Which Epic did you buy, standard or Subzero?

• Callaway Epic Standard

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Callaway Epic Subzero

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
This is my answer

I would fall in this two. SZ head 9 degrees with +1/D setting. Ordered with the no charge Kuro Kage Silver Tini. However, I picked up a Tour Issue Hzrdus yellow handcrafted that I had a Callaway adapter put on and then swapped it out with the Tini. That isn't an indictment of the previous shaft though. If I find the SZ too fade biased or low spinning I will swap out for the regular head with the same combo.

Last edited:
Neither, but I just told my wife that I wanted a new driver for my birthday later this month and told her I could order it. She said, "I already got it, don't go out and order another one, it would be just like you!"

Evidently, my good friend told her about it.

What a great wife. :banana: I know it's the SZ but I'm not sure on the shaft but it's probably the Aldila Max 75 x flex. If not I'll swap out the shaft with my buddy at Golf Galaxy.

You have an awesome wife!

Not sure what my swing speed is but I am sure it is above 100. I went with the Epic and have it with a HZRDUS Black 6.5

I bought both. 106-108.

Whoops.

Epic. 110-115 swing speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought both. 106-108.

Whoops.

I"m extremely tempted right now to do the same. I think we have a problem :D

This despite just having picked up a second 2016 M2 new for $200.

I bought both... SS is 95-100 MPH

I just looked at the polling results again and the SZ is only ahead by one now 17 - 16. Early in the polling the SZ was ahead by a large margin.

SS is 118-123 MPH and went with the SZ

10.5* SZ paired with a UST Attas 4U X flex shaft.

SS is 108-110

I have both my SS right now is around 98 to 100 and epic is better for me. It's not because of spin it's because the SZ is fade biased.
I think to many people are buying SZ just because it sounds cool lol

Or some of us fight a right to left ballflight and the SZ is a fade biased monster!

What shaft did you end up putting in it?

So I started with the Kiyoshi Oban White which I have grown to know so well at 65 grams. I ended up biting the bullet and bought the HZRDUS T1100 6.5 65 gram shaft and it is a beast! Love everything about it!

So I started with the Kiyoshi Oban White which I have grown to know so well at 65 grams. I ended up biting the bullet and bought the HZRDUS T1100 6.5 65 gram shaft and it is a beast! Love everything about it!

Nice! I've only messed around with the two shafts I got at ECPC...always curious though

I got the 10.5 SZ, swing speed is low to mid 90s. I know I needed more than 9 degrees and after hitting a buddies epic, I hoped the SZ would be better for my swing. I was right, liked the epic but the SZ gives me more distance, better launch and height, and the ball flight is one I've been chasing for a while.

I have yet to buy mine but solid numbers with the SZ. SS was 119 on the monitor

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Had great numbers with the shaft combination and sub-zero head at 10.5 degrees... and I am one of the lucky few to be in the back order lot and should be getting the club in about 2 more weeks.

Have not purchased a $499.99 driver yet...but, when the time is right I wouldn't mind buying either one depending on which one has better numbers for me. SS is around 95

Back