Sand Valley Summer Solstice - Interesting Event at a great venue

Sweethebs

Reaction score
Handicap
Sand Valley is officially opening up this year. I know myself and a number of THP'ers played it last year. It was fun course in a great locale. As part of this event you will play a 6 hole loop of the newest course that will open in 2018 (Mammoth Dunes)

http://www.sandvalleygolfresort.com/golf/

I saw this and thought I would share it. I have never attempted to play 72 holes of golf nor have I ever walked (this is a walking only course) more than 36 holes in a day.

http://www.sandvalleygolfresort.com/events/summersolstice
[h=3]Monday June 26th[/h]7pm: Arrive for a cocktail reception and to go over Solstice Day Plan, meet all event attendees, caddies, and staff.
[h=3]Tuesday June 27th[/h]5:00AM: Breakfast at Craig’s Porch
5:30AM: First Tee Times on Sand Valley Course
8:30AM: Second Round Tee Times on Sand Valley Course
12:15PM: Lunch at Craig’s Porch
1:00PM: Third Round on Mammoth Dunes Preview Loop(three six hole loops)
5PM: Fourth Round on Sand Valley Course
9PM: Sunset Celebration reception upon completion of play
[h=3]Pricing[/h]Event includes, 2 nights’ accommodation, 2 cocktail parties, 72 holes of Golf on Tuesday June 27th.
Double Occupancy: $625+ tax
Single Occupancy: $1025+ tax

Who wants to walk 17 miles and take 700 practice and real swings in one day ?

I could probably do 72 in a day but not a chance walking. Might as well just bury me after the 72nd hole.

Sorry... but does that thing say 5:30am tee time? I'm out! :D

This looks like a blast though. I wish they'd do an iron man type tourney out here somewhere. Good luck, sir!

It's not in the cards this year, but I would absolutely love to do this sometime. Hopefully it makes a return in 2018.

Looks like a blast. the price isn't terrible, but if I'm dropping that much on a golf trip, It's gonna be a THP event. (actually, THP events are usually less than that by a good bit)

It's not in the cards this year, but I would absolutely love to do this sometime. Hopefully it makes a return in 2018.

I already called to see if they can give me a price without the lodging... Ill sleep in my van to save a few bucks. hahahaha

I'd seriously consider this if it didn't mean I'd be gone for my daughter's birthday! I've been following Sand Valley's progress and Facebook posts and I cannot wait to get out there and check this place out!

I wish I was still young and in shape because that looks like an awesome day. So much more fun and less boring (and less grueling) than a marathon. I hope this is very successful and grows into 'a thing' for them. Guys I knew who were stationed in Alaska played in a 24 hour event each summer. Stableford so they'd play as many holes as they could (well into triple digits). They had a walking flight and a riding flight, so this 72 holer should at least be feasible. Are there a lot of elevation changes to deal with?

I'd seriously consider this if it didn't mean I'd be gone for my daughter's birthday! I've been following Sand Valley's progress and Facebook posts and I cannot wait to get out there and check this place out!

Make it known when you are going as I am always up to try to get there.

Should be awesome in the late fall to play both courses...although I need to get in shape for 36

I wish I was still young and in shape because that looks like an awesome day. So much more fun and less boring (and less grueling) than a marathon. I hope this is very successful and grows into 'a thing' for them. Guys I knew who were stationed in Alaska played in a 24 hour event each summer. Stableford so they'd play as many holes as they could (well into triple digits). They had a walking flight and a riding flight, so this 72 holer should at least be feasible. Are there a lot of elevation changes to deal with?

I feel it is an easy walk. Compared to what we played in the Fireball it is not even close.

I think one thing to remember is that it is a fun course with a ton of wide fairways. You are not going to be mentally beat down....physically yes...but not mentally

Wow this sounds awesome! I would totally try something like that.

Where the heck is Sand Valley?

The Wisconsin Dells area, Madison is the closest big town. I got the email as well, I would love to do it. I hope it continues as a thing. It would be tough to pull off three hour rounds of it gets too popular though.

The Wisconsin Dells area, Madison is the closest big town. I got the email as well, I would love to do it. I hope it continues as a thing. It would be tough to pull off three hour rounds of it gets too popular though.

Do you think it is foursomes? I also wonder if it is alt shot.

I am looking for someone....

Page won't load for me. Where is the course? Would love to do something like that!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be mad at alt shot, 72 holes is a lot of golf.

Alt shot for the 1st and last round. Play your own ball for the middle 36. Then it all comes down to walking

Alt shot for the 1st and last round. Play your own ball for the middle 36. Then it all comes down to walking

you are walking with a caddie the whole time... its a lot of walking but if you don't have health issues the walking should not be an issue. I dont envy the caddies though.

Sand Valley

Sand Valley

you are walking with a caddie the whole time... its a lot of walking but if you don't have health issues the walking should not be an issue. I dont envy the caddies though.

Hmm, very interesting.

Hmm, very interesting.

it is? :D

I would love to hear how this goes if anyone does it. This is something I may be interested in the future. Not like flying cars future, like next year future.

it is? :D

I would love to hear how this goes if anyone does it. This is something I may be interested in the future. Not like flying cars future, like next year future.

Well it is only about 100 miles from me and I have wanted to play there anyway. Why not 72 holes in a day.

Well it is only about 100 miles from me and I have wanted to play there anyway. Why not 72 holes in a day.

that is my thought!!! I can kind of just keep going once I start to play.... Report back if you end up going!

Pretty Cool Event.

Several of us in the DMV plus an out of town guest, are playing in a similar event in June. 54 holes one day, but with cart..thankfully. I'ts an Individual Stroke Play event, food and beverage all day, at one of the premier public courses in the area.

Back