Elbow injury, crap!!!

I injured my elbow at work about 6/7 weeks ago and it's been getting worse even after a few physio treatments. I finally had an ultrasound scan done yesterday and it's not good news.
I've torn a ligament as well as a tendon and the radiologist describes it as a significant tear that'll require surgery to repair. To say I'm not happy is an understatement.
Oddly enough I've played a round or 2 with the elbow as is but it hasn't been fun. Looks like I'll be out if action for some time to come.
Get better asap. I had to sit out all sports for two years after a neck and back injury. Good news is with the right Doctor and Surgical procedure I'm have never felt better.

So stick to your treatment and have a speedy recovery. Godspeed my friend.

I had the same injury and surgery last year. I feel for you, the recovery is not fun and seems to take forever and I still get the occasional pain when I'm playing which makes me nervous.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

That's a tough break, er, tear. Hope you heal quickly. Remember, and I tell this to everyone, be a compliant patient. Your doctor knows best.

I injured my elbow at work about 6/7 weeks ago and it's been getting worse even after a few physio treatments. I finally had an ultrasound scan done yesterday and it's not good news.
I've torn a ligament as well as a tendon and the radiologist describes it as a significant tear that'll require surgery to repair. To say I'm not happy is an understatement.
Oddly enough I've played a round or 2 with the elbow as is but it hasn't been fun. Looks like I'll be out if action for some time to come.

That sucks.

I missed a whole season due to a broken scaphoid bone in my right wrist. I broke it in February playing basketball, and spent 9 weeks in a cast with my right* thumb sticking straight up in the air. . .I think it was called a spica cast.

To make a long story short, it is one of the hardest bones in the body to heal due to low blood flow, and it didn't heal.

Even 18 months later, it still would hurt if my club got caught up in long grass, causing it to decelerate quickly.

IMO, get the surgery, go to as much physical therapy as you can, and for God's sake, do not try to come back too soon.

*golf was the least of my worries with my dominate hand in a cast. Just try brushing your teeth with your "off" hand.

Sorry to hear about your elbow. Get it taken care of and be sure not to rush back so you heal properly.

Sorry to hear about your injury. I've been dealing with elbow pain for months now, and I'm scheduled for an orthopedic appointment next week and I'm terrified to find out what, if anything, is wrong. (Hoping for just a cortisone shot…).

I had the same injury and surgery last year. I feel for you, the recovery is not fun and seems to take forever and I still get the occasional pain when I'm playing which makes me nervous.

And every time Bullitt posts on this topic, I wet my pants in fear…

Sorry to hear about your injury. I've been dealing with elbow pain for months now, and I'm scheduled for an orthopedic appointment next week and I'm terrified to find out what, if anything, is wrong. (Hoping for just a cortisone shot…).

And every time Bullitt posts on this topic, I wet my pants in fear…

9 months man, 9 months. And it was spring, summer and fall.

I'm hoping for the cortisone shot for the shoulder, and I know what awaits if it isn't. sheer hell.

I got a call from the hospital this afternoon and I'm scheduled to meet with the surgeon in about a week and a half. Hopefully everything moves quickly from there.

I hate it for all of my injured golf brothers and sisters, especially the OP facing surgery. May the surgery and rehab go well and you get back on the course by the time warm weather arrives again.

It's official, saw the surgeon this afternoon and he's going to operate. I'm not exactly happy but at least we've got a plan and are moving forward. Were hoping the surgery happens in the next month or so.

Hate to see this. I hope the surgery goes well and you can get the rehab started quickly. Good luck with your recovery.

Sorry to hear about the injury, hoping it all goes well and your back to playing as soon as possible. I missed a lot, of the already too short, season last year due to a bad case of gout that affected the whole front half of my right foot.

Back