Weakest Part of Your Game?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think is the weakest part of your game? Do you try and fix it? Or are you more of an "adapt to my weakness" kind of player?

I would say my weakest and most inconsistent has to be my driving. I've gotten MUCH better with my short game but I still struggle with the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consistency
Good is really good, bad is really bad

Driving distance due to bad swing mechanics. I'm working on fixing them so I'm not a 185-200 yard driver anymore.

The weakest part of my game is my mental focus. I make some of the most bonehead errors sometimes followed by a great shot that bails me out. Gotta keep my head together.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mental .. no matter how hard i try i can't get it back.. but it usually gets fixed around 15 or 16th hole.. take shorter clubs is the only solution

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Overall I've just never been a solid iron player. It's been much improved in the last year but still causes me the most strokes.

I'm working to improve it, but I'm also putting in short game work to cover up the misses.

Weakest part of my game is my long irons. I work on it but not as much as I should

Stamina to grind out rounds. I get to 16 and my body starts to get tired and my mental game starts to suffer. Need to improve my fitness.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Short game at the moment. I was getting in some good work during the fall, but a hand injury has kept me away from them clubs for a few months now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Driving is my weakest, by far. I've been working really hard this year to get it under control.

Distance hands down. I've lost a lot of distance the last few years.

Driving. It's really easy for my swing to quickly go bad.

Putting by far. I miss way too many putts. I know it's am alignment issue but I need someone else to tell me/show me that so I can fix it.
Friend of my father's back when I was a kid said "Son, if you could putt you'd be a hell of a golfer."
Ever since then it's been stuck in my head

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Splitting the fairway off the tee with the driver. It will be a major focus between now and my first THP event of the year.

Weakest Part of Your Game?

Course Management. I'm getting better however it needs work.

Seems to vary by round. Tee game, iron play, chipping / pitching and putting all seem to share equal time as weaknesses. Fortunately, it is typically only of those per round that doesn't show up to it's capability.

Mine is absolutely my short game. Really have not found a comfortable swing. I feel good around the green but anywhere from 10 yards out to about 120 yards out is no bueno. Need a lot of practice and will practice.

My iron play can be really streaky, in both directions. I've been trying to figure out what it is that's causing the inconsistency. Maddening at times.

My tee game, I am using course management more and focusing more on the target.

I would have to say that my weakest part overall is my driving. But overall I have improved greatly. A lot of it has to do with not really playing for 5 years because I was on shore duty but I have been working on it and taking my drives one tee at a time and it seems to help, and I usually have little tweaks if it starts going everywhere to get it under control.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Short game for me, and it's going to be the focus of my work this season once the grass ranges and practice areas start opening up.

My weakest part of my game is hitting the driver. I really want to fix it so I am going to take a few lessons to be able to be more consistent off the tee.

Iron game for me, just not as consistent as I want to be, some days its great, others not so much.

Right now it's my iron play. That used to be my strength 5 years ago. Keep grinding away at it and I'm hoping to make it a strength again. Second now, but traditionally my putting has always let me down. Feel real comfortable with the Elevado and that has changed

Back