carolinaborn82

Reaction score
My 10 year old son is getting into the game. What kinda balls are best for him? Do the top brands make balls for kids?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think I've seen very many "kids" balls. My daughter plays the Nike Mojos cuz they're "pretty" .....

Kids balls are the cheap bargain bin ones or the ones you find in the hazard that you wouldn't play yourself!

Get him a bunch of cheap balls and make sure he doesn't run out :)

Cheap and plentiful! But really, I'd say the W/S Duo is a decent ball! Really anything soft, even a ladies ball would work!

Cheap and plentiful! But really, I'd say the W/S Duo is a decent ball! Really anything soft, even a ladies ball would work!
Yeah, I was thinking lady balls lol would work.

Go with a Ladies Precept from lost golf balls or something second hand. You can get some in good condition for cheap and it's a ball that will likely fit them.

Go with a Ladies Precept from lost golf balls or something second hand. You can get some in good condition for cheap and it's a ball that will likely fit them.

When I was a kid I played with a Lady precept on one occasion because I remember a buddy telling me that they go further!

I second the Wilson Duo suggestion, or even the Wilson Zip. Having said that, one of the things I have done to give a bit more interest to my daughter, is to allow her to pick golf balls, within a reasonable cost range. Of course, she chooses the colorful ones, and loves heading to the garage to pick which colors she will take to the course that day.

When I was a kid I played with a Lady precept on one occasion because I remember a buddy telling me that they go further!
True story, I have that same memory. Kind of goes to show the Duo and the distance connotation was ALWAYS there.

My son always won low compression balls from the games he was playing during his lessons. SuperSofts, Duos, DT Truesoft, etc. He hits those really well (he's 11 btw).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson Duo I suppose, with the low compression.

~Rock

Go cheap until they get a consistent swing and a love for the game.

Go to Walmart and buy those bags of 50 balls for 20 bucks or whatever it is.

I was going to ask this same question earlier today and forgot. I was wondering about the supersofts or even project (a) balls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Two choices:
A: low compression

B: whatever they want.

If they're not hitting it far enough to lose it I don't think even ultra low compression stuff will feel soft to them, and if they're not hitting it far enough to lose it a sleeve will last a long time.

My 10 year old plays tournament golf and has tried a bunch of golf balls. The best by a mile for him is the Wilson Staff Duo. The Duo Urethane is a little better around the green, but he hits the standard Duo the longest so prefers that.

My daughter is 8 and she uses the Callaway Supersoft, in PINK of course LOL, but in all seriousness she does hit them further than any other ball, I got her to try the Srixon Lady Soft Feel in pink but she hits the Supersoft further.

What are the Wilson duo's retailing at?

I had never thought about this before, but since my 10 y/o will be playing competitive golf this summer I should probably pick up some balls for him. I'm thinking W/S Duo or Callaway Supersoft, whatever I can get a better deal on.

The Wilson Duo's are generally $19.99, but are sometimes cheaper. Plus if you have a DSG or Golf Galaxy you can sign up for their free rewards program and use their coupons on Wilson products. I've got them for $11 a dozen before with $10 off coupons.

Also, my son has tried the Callaway Supersoft and they are nowhere near as long as the Duo's for him. They are at least 20 yards shorter in carry with his driver and 5-10 yards shorter with his other clubs. Harder golf balls are even worse when it comes to distance loss.

Srixon once had a Junior Star golf ball - lighter than the average ball.

Looked and don't see it available any longer.

I'd go for a low compression ball.

Srixon Soft Feel, Callaway Super Soft, etc.

The Wilson Duo's are generally $19.99, but are sometimes cheaper. Plus if you have a DSG or Golf Galaxy you can sign up for their free rewards program and use their coupons on Wilson products. I've got them for $11 a dozen before with $10 off coupons.

Also, my son has tried the Callaway Supersoft and they are nowhere near as long as the Duo's for him. They are at least 20 yards shorter in carry with his driver and 5-10 yards shorter with his other clubs. Harder golf balls are even worse when it comes to distance loss.

But the Wilsons don't come in PINK lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back