dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Everyone has that one shot off the tee they'll never forget. The stars aligned just right, gravity disappeared for a few seconds and you turned your Driver into a weapon. BOOM!

What was your longest in play drive ever and how did you finish the hole?

For me, it was a corporate scramble in Puerto Rico. It was the 18th and it was my Milligan because I topped the first. I don't even remember anything about the swing except for trying to kill it on the last hole and I drove it almost dead straight 335 yds, over the water hazards and into the fringe to the left of the green, pin high. I was playing with a gentleman who would later become my VP and he still talks about it to this day! We birdied the hole and laughed all the way back to the clubhouse.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I pulled one dead left on a hole with a road on the left side. It hopped once and bounced in the back of a pickup truck. Im guessing it is still going.

I pulled one dead left on a hole with a road on the left side. It hopped once and bounced in the back of a pickup truck. Im guessing it is still going.
Hahahahahaha! You win!

I hit a 4-wood 370 yards. 5000' of elevation and a 30+ mph tail wind. Chipped and 2-putt for par.

I hit a 4-wood 370 yards. 5000' of elevation and a 30+ mph tail wind. Chipped and 2-putt for par.
Crazy! Those are the ones you just stand and watch...

Last year middle of summer playing what would be my home course at the time. On the 10th tee at Langara 365yrds par 4, slight dog leg left, the guys in front of us are taking forever......I mean forever. So my 2 buddies go, I decide to wait a few more mins because I'm by far the longest of the 3some. The group in front of us are just getting up on to the green, I absolutely crush my drive, it lands maybe 10-20 yards in front of the green, rolled right under one of their carts. The were a little upset to say the least until they realized it was my drive lol.

Star aligned and I hit a 290 yard drive on the first hole of a scramble. It's cool feeling hitting a drive like that in front of a group of other golfers!! We made birdie on that hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember the course?? That's awesome that it was in my neck of the woods.

I don't think I've hit any 300 yarders...There have been a few in the 280 range but they are far between

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

A couple actually. 530 par 4, hit a monster and ended up 190 out, 4 iron on the green and 2 putt for birdie. so was about a 340 yard drive wind and slight downslope.

another was 360 yard par 4, hit a bit left, caught the cart path I think and it ended up 4 yards above the hole in the rough between 2 bunkers. chipped to about 2 feet and tap in birdie.

Other than that, not too many have been that far, but some have been over 300. usually my anomaly shots.

Remember the course?? That's awesome that it was in my neck of the woods.

I don't think I've hit any 300 yarders...There have been a few in the 280 range but they are far between

It was the Ritz Carlton in San Juan. Apparently it used to be really nice, but the management let it go a little. Still a great experience and a gorgeous location.
1651180b704d46beef9e251691028ed0.jpg
30c5e426c74de717dcc209fac470fc81.jpg
47c6144c6396d707712470f1fd4336c8.jpg
df26509acd207f9dae3a9c18f2f645b0.jpg
0c33ecda6c92e98e9b0c9de9d5cdb884.jpg
279a2ae87b206c7a4c7720c5792fafd4.jpg

That's called El Conquistador now...I'm pretty sure.

Played it a few weeks back. Fun course

Most recently... A couple weeks ago at the Wildfire Golf Club Faldo Course in PHX, on the 520yd par 5 11th, I hit a nice mid flight baby draw down the left side of the fairway with a little bit of a tailwind. I hit it right at my aiming point over the right edge of the left side fairway bunker. We got up to where I thought my ball should have been and couldn't find it. As we're looking around, my buddy sees a ball about another 75yds or so up on the right side of the fairway, on the other side of the cart path running across the fairway. I had 144 yds left to a middle pin. It had to have caught one of the downslopes just right to get that far down. Doesn't happen often. But it's fun when it does!

That's called El Conquistador now...I'm pretty sure.

Played it a few weeks back. Fun course

That's the one! Super fun because of the elevation changes. Gotta take it easy on those cart paths though. Treacherous. ???

Crazy! Those are the ones you just stand and watch...

yup. After the round I was talking to the group that was on the green and saw it roll about 5 yards short of the fringe. They asked what I hit and I said a 4 wood. Fella says, "If you were gonna hit it like that why not hit driver?" I said, "you're probably lucky I didn't hit driver or else I might've hit one of y'all!"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

2 years ago. Was playing a 490 yard down hill par 5.

Cranked my drive down the left side of the fairway. On its initial landing, it hit a sprinkler head and got a killer forward bounce. It ended up 100 yards out giving me a monster 390 yard drive.

Sadly, I was so amped I chunked my 2nd shot like 15 yards and ended up scrambling to save par. Ugh.

About 10 years ago. Par 5. About 320 to the 50ft drop off. Couldn't find my ball hit another one. Went down the hill and next to the cart path was my ball. Estimated to be about 380 yards. How it got down there is a mystery I'll never figure out.

Played in our department scramble last year. Perfectly still day. It was a 330 yard par 4 that rose about 20 feet in the first 200 yards but had maybe ten feet of tee to green elevation overall. There was a small channel about 20 yards from the green, with about six feet of weeds/bushes/trash on either side of the channel. I caught a Staff Duo perfectly square and with the sun at our backs, we all watched it go perfectly straight, a few feet to the left of the 150 pole in the middle of the fairway. Our A player, who plays the course frequently, said, "That might be too long." It was. We walked over the waste area and green but never did find it. I was probably about 305 yards. Not bad for a 60-year old.

Played in our department scramble last year. Perfectly still day. It was a 330 yard par 4 that rose about 20 feet in the first 200 yards but had maybe ten feet of tee to green elevation overall. There was a small channel about 20 yards from the green, with about six feet of weeds/bushes/trash on either side of the channel. I caught a Staff Duo perfectly square and with the sun at our backs, we all watched it go perfectly straight, a few feet to the left of the 150 pole in the middle of the fairway. Our A player, who plays the course frequently, said, "That might be too long." It was. We walked over the waste area and green but never did find it. I was probably about 305 yards. Not bad for a 60-year old.
*bows head*
Lord.....PLEEEEASE let me be hitting drives that long at 60!

About 10 years ago. Par 5. About 320 to the 50ft drop off. Couldn't find my ball hit another one. Went down the hill and next to the cart path was my ball. Estimated to be about 380 yards. How it got down there is a mystery I'll never figure out.
Wow. Where's shot tracer when you need it?! #BOOM

My longest is cart path assisted and was a long time ago. The cart path ran dead parallel up the left side and I hit a slight pull fade and it must have bounced 10 times down the path. I think it ended up being 430 yards or something absurd like that. Not sure on my actual non assisted long drive. Probably in the 340-350 range but that is on really firm ground wind helping ect.

f2b1f33888ed390c61da9398b9a06fd9.jpg

There's a 9 hole course a few miles where I live and I like to play there when I need to work on things. The first hole is a short par 4 about 280's dogleg right, I usually like to hit my 3 wood here I just can't get my driver launch that high and try going over the trees taking a shortcut in hopes of getting it close or on the green, most times I will end up short about 10-15 yards I chip it in close and make a birdie.

My longest drive happened about a month ago. Downhill, dogleg right, par 5. When I hit it, I knew that I hit it very solid, but had no idea until I was editing the round afterwards how far it really went. It must have caught a very good bounce and rolled a long way. I doubt I'll hit one past 342 anytime soon lol

2f065dc4d156bf292236b1fb31e0ec86.jpg

fb90217b2ad5780fc0f3d3b305101226.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Wow. Where's shot tracer when you need it?! #BOOM

To this day I've played that hole 50 times and never come within 20 yards of that ravine. It was good drive didn't see any huge bounces aka sprinkler head. So the mystery goes to the grave.

Hit one the other day that went all the way through the fairway and into the playground of the adjoining school in a place I didn't even consider it a possibility. Had a couple others this year in places I've never even been close too also that have been quite Epic.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back