Posture - Consistency

VPSax

Golf Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been working with a local pro for some time now. Had a huge issue with fat contact, huge slices on drives...with a major early extension issue (so I am told). I am still be told to keep my butt back, as the right hip moves too much toward the ball on the downswing.

Here's the thing - as much as I put into the game with practice at home, I am not improving. I shoot in the 90's and am told I should be shooting in the 80's. I have watched hours of videos, and have so many swing thoughts, and just can't get unstuck. Here are some videos...would love to get down to a tip or two (a swing thought or two) to start seeing some progress.

-VP

76746e0822862d5eef750238e4c79007.jpg

b121fc3494fbbdb8766cc0d32d372bd0.jpg

I can understand that you're frustrated. I would be too if my pro was giving bad info. I think if you are guilty of anything it's too quick of a tempo. Only because it's not sync' and you're losing balance. It's seems like you're going 110% when 90% will work better. Slow down tour action and swing to your finish and hold.

Your hips aren't moving toward the ball. Your hips are releasing well and your extension after the hit is good. Just too hard of a swing. Let the club do what it's designed to do. Oh and don't see your pro anymore :D

Swing thoughts: swing to your finish and hold. Slow down the swing to 90%. Solid contact!!!!

Thank you so much! I sent him the videos and he said "keep your butt back." Was ready to scream.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Went to the range today. Trying to swing less hard. Really threw off my timing. Ended up with the shanks, fat contact. I started using too much arms, nit enough shoulders. Practice swings were good, but for some reason when I step up to the ball I can't go easier.

Any drills for this?

Went to the range today. Trying to swing less hard. Really threw off my timing. Ended up with the shanks, fat contact. I started using too much arms, nit enough shoulders. Practice swings were good, but for some reason when I step up to the ball I can't go easier.

Any drills for this?

Freddie also helped me with my swing and really emphasized me getting my hips going first.

One drill/swing thought that I started using to get my hips going was this: once you get to the top of your backswing, freeze your arms and start your downswing by only turning your hips until your belt buckle is pointed at your target, then release your arms into the downswing. I practice this with my orange whip but its not necessary. As you practice this drill, you can really start grooving that feeling of getting your hips rotated.

Freddie, please don't kill me if this isn't a good recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your feedback. I think the issue is around tempo, not rotation. I tried to slow things down a bit and my sequence got thrown off.

Back