Non-Conforming Clubs Hypothetical

What would it take for you to game a non-conforming bag?

Free equipment I would game them sometimes, Free equipment and free green fees and I would be gaming them every day.

A lot of money!!! And since I have money it would have to be a lot of $$$$

I'm an old dude. I like rules. A society without rules is, well, America in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These would be the rules though, this would be USGA tier 2 approved equipment that is legal in nearly every tournament. You could still play tour approved, but it would not be required. Still a "no" my friend?

These would be the rules though, this would be USGA tier 2 approved equipment that is legal in nearly every tournament. You could still play tour approved, but it would not be required. Still a "no" my friend?

Nope. I have lived my whole life accomplishing things. I've had failure and I've had success but I've never had easy, I don't enjoy easy. That what hookers are for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't see HC adjusted via noncon clubs as being similar to it being adjusted for tees. Reason being is tees are only really about distance (or lack of) while noncon clubs are about player total ability for general ball striking success. Imo you cant skew that ability (for the better) and then somehow adjust the HC system to compensate for it. It just wouldn't a fair result no matter how its done imo

I couldn't see HC adjusted via noncon clubs as being similar to it being adjusted for tees. Reason being is tees are only really about distance (or lack of) while noncon clubs are about player total ability for general ball striking success. Imo you cant skew that ability (for the better) and then somehow adjust the HC system to compensate for it. It just wouldn't a fair result no matter how its done imo

To be honest....the handicap system as it is isn't really "fair". It better than nothing, but while I don't see this happening, I'd love to see a hard line drawn between pro/consumer equipment.

Like has been said about all of this stuff, it's not going to hurt your competitors if you're used to using it and suddenly can't. It's more likely to hurt you. Same as not playing by all the rules, you suddenly find out that 78 you think is your average isn't and your actual average is closer to 100.

Considering I rarely ever play in a serious tournament, I'd have no issue with playing it under the tier system.
Do you think there would be as much of a resistance if the situation were reversed... ie... EVERYONE (except pros) was playing non conforming clubs for the past 100 years, and were all of a sudden forced to play tour conforming equipment?

I would still play conforming. As goos as equipment is these days, I really see no reason to play anything else.

Do you think there would be as much of a resistance if the situation were reversed... ie... EVERYONE (except pros) was playing non conforming clubs for the past 100 years, and were all of a sudden forced to play tour conforming equipment?

Ohhhhh. Can you imagine?!?! It would be ugly.

I don't mind non conforming stuff, but I personally just wouldn't play it in my game. I like the stuff I play with, and I would say as far as conforming, I'm a bit more traditional.

But That being said, would be fun to mess with non conforming stuff.

I have no interest in any non-conforming club or ball. The ball already travels much farther and woods are incredibly more forgiving than when I started that I don't want illegal equipment. Playing a course today at let say 6800 yards, I hit twice as many wedges and short irons into greens now than I did at that same yardage 30 years ago when I was a much stronger, better college golfer.

The biggest difference is the ball travels a lot farther and misses with a driver are much, much better. My thin miss with a driver used to lose 50 yards and now the same miss might lose 15.

I would have no issue using non-conforming equipment. I don't play competitive and I'm too inconsistent that a little extra help is going to do much for me on a regular basis.

Back