What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Callaway Supersoft. I read that it was low spin off driver and woods and low compression so I decided to try it since I was told I needed a low spin ball. It was so long off the tee, easy to compress, and my ball stayed in the fairway.

Chrome + today. No complaints, famtastic ball.

I played a 3 up ball my last round and it seemed very similar in looks and feel to that of a Monsta Ball. Was great on most shots and was holding the green on approach shots pretty well. It's a bummer they won't make it anymore.

Played the B330-S today. I was fit for these by Bridgestone but this is the first time I've ever actually bought them. Absolutely perfect ball. Did everything I wanted it to driver-putter. Great distance, great feel of wedges and putter, and seemingly perfect spin on irons/wedges. Man that ball feels good

I am going through some efforts on my ball choice. I'm stuck between the prov1x and the RZN Platinum. I love the RZN, but the ProV is great. It's tough to choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last few rounds - Taylor Made penta TP5 - played 36 holes w 2 balls. Good distance w driver and irons. Not quite as much spin around the greens as some balls. I enjoyed playing it - will play the ones I have until they are lost.

On Friday I played the 330-RX. It was the first round with the new irons. The sound and feel was definitely much firmer and harsher sounding than with the CB's. I think that's to be expected with the difference in make up of the clubs.

I picked up some Duo Spin yesterday that I'll try and see how they do.

Last edited:
I was given some Duo Spin at Golfsmith. They were ok, but I never loved the original Duo and maybe talked myself into not loving them. That said, I am still smitten with the 50 elite from Wilson. Played at Barefoot Resort (Norman and Dye courses) this past week for work and I started off with my all time fav, the Lethals. Was playing horribly and shot a 50 on the front 9 of the Dye course. Lost 4 balls. Went back to my old swing and switched to my yellow 50 elites ( tired of losing the Lethals) and shot a 37 on the back after starting g #10 with a triple. The warm weather has not affected the 50 elites like I was afraid it would. Played this morning and shot +1 after nine. Didn't get to play the back today, but one over thru 9 is great for me. I am at 12 HCP. I love the 50 elites. Long, soft, and spin a plenty.

Chrome + today. No complaints, famtastic ball.

That's a great ball at a great price. It was my go to for some time.

I used the Chrome Soft for the first time ever last Wednesday and it was everything I could have hoped for. Great spin and feel around the green. I hit one chip that checked and then rolled to a foot for a tap in birdie on a very close pin. I don't play for that shot so it was a very nice surprise and caught my buddies' attention. It was a pretty windy day and it really held its line well. On a par three I hit a six iron against a mean crosswind and the ball never stopped tracking the pin and landed about 12 feet away (which I proceeded to three putt). On a 361 yard par four uphill onto a plateau AND into the wind I hit my longest drive on that hole by far. Same with the first hole. I was easily 20-25 yards past my usual good drive. Durability seems really good as well. I wish it was priced closer to the Chrome + but it's still less than a Pro V.

That's a great ball at a great price. It was my go to for some time.

I used the Chrome Soft for the first time ever last Wednesday and it was everything I could have hoped for. Great spin and feel around the green. I hit one chip that checked and then rolled to a foot for a tap in birdie on a very close pin. I don't play for that shot so it was a very nice surprise and caught my buddies' attention. It was a pretty windy day and it really held its line well. On a par three I hit a six iron against a mean crosswind and the ball never stopped tracking the pin and landed about 12 feet away (which I proceeded to three putt). On a 361 yard par four uphill onto a plateau AND into the wind I hit my longest drive on that hole by far. Same with the first hole. I was easily 20-25 yards past my usual good drive. Durability seems really good as well. I wish it was priced closer to the Chrome + but it's still less than a Pro V.
I'll be the first to admit I'm not good enough to detect differences between similar balls, but I definitely prefer the Chrome + over the Chrome Soft.
One feels 'comfortable', and one feels what I can only describe as 'different'.

Considering I got the Chrome+ for $20 Canadian per dozen it's the perfect ball if you include value as part of the rating.

20XI-X. Still my favorite ball of all time after the old ONE Platinums.

A few years back at a THP Flordia Outing we were given these to try. Absolutely loved them! If I can find some I would buy them again!

A few years back at a THP Flordia Outing we were given these to try. Absolutely loved them! If I can find some I would buy them again!

You can get them pretty cheap on line. I found one on the second hole, played with it the rest of the round.

Played one of my go to balls in the b330-RX today. Love this ball. It performed well off the tee, on approaches and around the green.

Chrome + and B330 RX yesterday. Both great balls I wouldn't hesitate to game. Prefer the RX though, a little softer feel and spins a little more around the greens.

Wilson Duo Spin today. Fantastic ball for my game. Long and great around the green.

Played Caledonia yesterday - perfect conditions, perfect golf course. Played PVx the front nine + 10 .... shot 46 and then doubled 10. Switched to a Wilson Duo (when I'm playing badly ... everything left, why lose a PV on 11?) and finished with a 38 on the back with a 3-putt on 18. Love the PV but the Duo is for real and especially like how quickly it elevates.

Back to the E5 today. Had some adventures into the trees and out picked up some scuffs and what not but my short game was on point so I still love this ball.

This was one of my favorite balls as well. Love the way it rocketed off the driver.

All Time favorite ball was the callaway tour iz it did everything great and I loved loved loved the click it made off wedges. When it made that sound you knew it was right where you wanted it.

Been playing the Wilson Duo Spin for a few rounds now and really enjoying it. Seems a a bit better around the greens then the E6

Been playing the Wilson Duo Spin for a few rounds now and really enjoying it. Seems a a bit better around the greens then the E6

The old E6 or this years?

I put the Project(a) into play for the first time today. I can't speak to distance or how straight it flies because it was a pretty cool 49 degrees this morning and a stiff, cold, wind coming off the lake, but it seemed pretty normal. I'll have to put it up against the ol Prov's on a warmer, calmer, day to see what the difference might be.
I only hit one green today so I can say that I really like how it checks on pitches and chips. It worked great off the putter also, but then I don't really notice a ton of difference between balls off the putter so that's probably of no help to anyone.

I pulled the Z star xv back out this weekend and i do very much still love that ball.

I have been playing the project(a) for a couple of weeks. I really like how soft they are from 100 yds and in. I don't hit many GIRs so I have to have my chipping game on. I am able to get a lot of spin and check the ball.

I have noticed a lot of spin off the tee though. Trying to make sure it isn't my ball striking, but not as impressed with them off the tee.

Another day with the e6 and it was great in the wind. Had one backspin as well and it was solid around the greens.

Back