Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged Irons

One thing to add too, the way these look at address is phenomenal. Not too small, very nice looking top line and I love how these look in general

Agree. They setup nice to my eye.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged Irons

The first three swings for me were just topped garbage shots lol but when I finally kept my head down and put a good swing on the ball it was a thing of beauty. Mid launch (which is what I'm looking for. The distance was hard to tell with range balls but I didn't notice any huge change in distance.
One big negative for me with Cobra, and I brought this up to Yagley at dinner Saturday night, is Cobras one year cycle with equipment. It really doesn't make sense for me to go out right now and spend $800 on this set when in just 5 months when the 2016 line is announced I can get this set for hundreds less. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't hesitate to jump on a set of these right now

One big negative for me with Cobra, and I brought this up to Yagley at dinner Saturday night, is Cobras one year cycle with equipment. It really doesn't make sense for me to go out right now and spend $800 on this set when in just 5 months when the 2016 line is announced I can get this set for hundreds less. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't hesitate to jump on a set of these right now

aren't most oem's guilty of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look and feel amazing. I really just need to seem the on the trackman as I don't know that I hit them any better them any better than my ACPs.

The FlyZ+ irons are some of the best feeling irons I've hit. Great feel at impact. Love the ball flight too. I wish I had more time with these but I will make it a point to hit them the next time I'm at a golf Galaxy. Very impressive

How were these in comparison to the Adams Idea Black CB3? (If you have hit those in the past and have a means to compare.)

How were these in comparison to the Adams Idea Black CB3? (If you have hit those in the past and have a means to compare.)

I've never hit those but I would say these compare to the Titleist CB just as far as profile. The feel reminded me of a muscle back iron when connected cleanly

aren't most oem's guilty of this?

they are and Mike even admitted that its a problem and hard to deal with. iirc he was saying the industry needs to stop doing this. This was one of the hard hitting questions philyv hit him with and he was open and honest about it.

I need to hit these. Have I mentioned that yet?

Should have NEVER held them yesterday.

they are and Mike even admitted that its a problem and hard to deal with. iirc he was saying the industry needs to stop doing this. This was one of the hard hitting questions philyv hit him with and he was open and honest about it.

i really liked his honest answers. i asked him if the design team ever felt like they needed to hold back a feature so that they next release could have it, basically just to keep the machine moving. like say they have the ability to make a driver adjustable, but this release won't be adjustable just so the next release can be adjustable. he said one side of the company likes that idea, but that the marketing and sales guys who have the ultimate say want the products to have every possible feature. i thought that was awesome.

i really liked his honest answers. i asked him if the design team ever felt like they needed to hold back a feature so that they next release could have it, basically just to keep the machine moving. like say they have the ability to make a driver adjustable, but this release won't be adjustable just so the next release can be adjustable. he said one side of the company likes that idea, but that the marketing and sales guys who have the ultimate say want the products to have every possible feature. i thought that was awesome.

both his and TOs honesty was refreshing. they didn't back away from the hard questions. he mentioned the pull between marketing and the design guys in a conversation we had on sat on the practice green.

TO said they work on stuff that is about 3 years out from release and talked about the tight timelines they have and that come Aug they have to have everything finalized and ready to go.

Having the chance to talk with these guys in a personal setting like this event was awesome.

both his and TOs honesty was refreshing. they didn't back away from the hard questions. he mentioned the pull between marketing and the design guys in a conversation we had on sat on the practice green.

TO said they work on stuff that is about 3 years out from release and talked about the tight timelines they have and that come Aug they have to have everything finalized and ready to go.

Having the chance to talk with these guys in a personal setting like this event was awesome.

The beauty of THP dude. Real people, getting to talk with the real people of the industry. Its incredible.

Mike is so smart its scary, loved the time I have been able to spend with him.

The beauty of THP dude. Real people, getting to talk with the real people of the industry. Its incredible.

Mike is so smart its scary, loved the time I have been able to spend with him.

no doubt. there are some great events with great companies and i feel lucky that my first two were both with reps from the companies. Meeting Josh and Corey at BstoneU and then Mike and TO from CPG...both fantastic events. As much as i enjoyed talking golf and learning from these two the best part was just having a conversation about life and getting to know them and hearing about their families and them getting to know us.

It was great that they both wanted to get to know things from the consumer point of view and both understand that THPers are different from the general public so hearing their take on how they attack design, marketing, etc to appeal to the avg golfer was awesome.

Its been said many time but THP rocks and getting to do these events is like none other

I have narrowed down my search to these, srixon 545 or J15 dpf.

Im not sure where you are mate but Prodrive golf carry the Bridgestone line.

Most likely getting new irons next year and these are on my short list for sure.

Want. To. Hit.

fly-z-plus-tech3.jpg

Tungsten. Tungsten is fun.

The 545 and J15 DPF will both be more forgiving than these if you want any forgiveness in them. These are great irons, but they are more towards CB's than forgiving forged irons like the other two you listed.

This was the club that impressed me the most last weekend. Pretty easy to hit for a players iron and im a fan of the KBS Tour shaft.

I hit these for a while at the demo day Saturday. Really liked the feel, kinda wish I hadn't just bought new irons a few months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 545 and J15 DPF will both be more forgiving than these if you want any forgiveness in them. These are great irons, but they are more towards CB's than forgiving forged irons like the other two you listed.

After the way I hit it today I need some sgi irons :(

These are really good looking. Bummer they seem to be RH only though.

I'm not familiar with the stock KBS R+ and S+ shafts. I hit the R+ and they felt great, but have never played regular shafts. Driver SS is around 103. Which shaft are you guys playing in it?

thanks!

I'm not familiar with the stock KBS R+ and S+ shafts. I hit the R+ and they felt great, but have never played regular shafts. Driver SS is around 103. Which shaft are you guys playing in it?

thanks!

My driver SS is just short of yours and I have been playing the KBs S+ shafts in my AMP Forged set. I never hit the R+ so I can't give you a comparison but would recommend getting fit on a LM to see if the differences.

Back