Hardest Course You Have Played?

Last 18 months, old corkscrew or Oakland hills (south) right before the us amateur. Ever? Ballybunion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PGA west stadium
Course from tips or Torrey pines south day after Farmers Insurance open. Both brutal and both times, barely broke 100

Torrey Pines South, not even close!!

Torrey Pines South - a few months before the Farmers and or PGA National Championship Course

The Oregon Golf Club.

Elevation changes, water, trees, tricky greens, OB all over the place, not a single even lie on the entire property. I don't know what the card says but I do know this is one hella-hard course.

Edit - I just looked it up:

Black / 7052 / 74.8 / 145
Silver / 6629 / 72.5 / 136
Orange / 6081 / 69.7 / 133
Green / 5376 / 66.5 / 128

Last edited:
Nothing exotic: Greystone (municipal in Maryland) carrying 72.5/139 from the blues. this thread makes me think I need to go find some other course to test my skills on...

Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor, Michigan - Host to The KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship in 2018, 2020, 2022 & 2024.
From the Tips 74.7/143

Let's talk hard courses and maybe limit it to the last 18 months or so.
What is the hardest you have played in that time frame?

Barona is a 143 slope from the tips. Sounds like fun. :D

In the past 18 months, it would be the Lakes Course at RTJ Grand National. For some reason, that one gives me a lot more trouble than the Links Course out there. And, no, it is not because #1 is a dogleg left not right..haha.

Desert Forest in Arizona last year. This is Spivey's home course. Easily one of the hardest course I will ever play.

If you're from New England you know of a small course in New Hampshire known as The Shatuck but referred to by every New Englander as The F'ing Shatuck. Let me just say, there's a VERY good reason for that nickname!

Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor, Michigan - Host to The KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship in 2018, 2020, 2022 & 2024.
From the Tips 74.7/143

This was my choice as well! Toughest greens ive ever played in my life. Crazy to think the Rocco Mediate posted -20something when he won it there.

Bull Valley in Woodstock IL. Ugh.... So hard. Hitting out of chutes on every tee box and trees EVERYWHERE!

Tee
Yardage
Rating/Slope
Tip of the Horn
77.2/151
Grey
75.6/145
White
73.7/141
Gold
Ladies 77.7/145
Greenhorn
72.0/133

The Ranch in San Jose, CA.

From the blue tees the course rating is 71.3 with a slope rating of 147
From the tips the course rating is 72.9 with a slope rating of 152

Crystal Downs. Hardest Greens I've ever seen. Just diabolical contours and slopes.

Played at a track in FL called World Woods... I can't say it was in the best shape the day I played, but the layout on the Rolling Oaks course was quite challenging (there's another course there that's part of the layout... Pine Barrens which I haven't played)

Almost forgot, they have a MASSIVE practice facility also... like silly huge. I'd like to play it again when it's in top shape.

The Golf Club of Houston a week after hosting the SHO. Brutal rough and greens were fast.

Old Macdonald at Bandon Dunes in strong winds with zero protection from it.

Erin Hills, (the site of the US Open this year). Very challenging track, even before Open Conditions.

Trump national from the tips.... Definitely shouldn't have been playing back there, but it was fun nonetheless.

Greens are ridiculously fast, and any missed tee shot ends of off a cliff.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Waialae a week after the Sony open. PGA rough, PGA speed greens. Played from 6700 yards. Just brutal, absolutely brutal.

Coyote preserve in MI. Between the constant elevation change and tighter fairways it made for a very difficult round.

Bethpage Black, played it for the first time last week, brutal course!

I've played yardages the same length as the Black, but the Blacks elevation, carries, rough, sand and and slick greens means you have no respite, the punishment just goes on and on. I did think the walk would be hard but I found that the easy bit.

I will be back though :banghead:

El campeon at mission inn.

Hate it but I love it

Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf Club, where the filmed the Mexico Big Break. Probably didn't help that I showed up hungover and ended up browning out on the back 9...

Back