Wilson Staff FG17 Tour Blade restoration.

I've been thinking about Wilson Staff blades since this thread.

Man those are going to look great with the paint fill scheme you have going there! You really should play a round or two with them. I still bring mine out once in a while.
I definitely plan on playing them every once in awhile. I have some Power Bilt persimmon woods too. Driver through 4 Wood I think. My plan is to try and find the PW, I'm watching a few on ebay and get some balata balls and bring the old set out to play every once in awhile.
Are you thinking of re-shafting with new shafts on these? I thought about that with my old set, since I think part of the issue with them is the shafts are so old and not right for me. Except it's missing I believe the 7iron, which is no bueno haha
I'll probably just leave the shafts in them. They actually are in really nice condition, no rusting on the shaft at all really.

I'll probably just leave the shafts in them. They actually are in really nice condition, no rusting on the shaft at all really.

oh nice. Yea I regripped the 1970 clubs and when I took the old grips off the shafts were really rusted on the inside. They are super hard to hit though, so I'm not sure it's worth re shafting them haha

Great job on these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy cow, these look so much better already. Great job.

And boom! These pictures do not do them justice. I will get much better quality pictures with Amanda's camera ASAP.

746724ef7285fc6d7e08d0dcf40c2fe9.jpg

59a1109d4232d25abe61b9fe5ff51071.jpg

4279dd9094addc98e0eb81d1a257327a.jpg

5fbf5eaedad500707ee954fd207b3e8a.jpg

Looks great!!!

Looking good man

You did a fine job restoring those irons man! Nice fresh looks, but still have character, awesome! Maybe I should send you mine for a facelift. haha

All kidding aside these particular irons have a ton of sentimental value to me, and you did them right!

You did a fine job restoring those irons man! Nice fresh looks, but still have character, awesome! Maybe I should send you mine for a facelift. haha

All kidding aside these particular irons have a ton of sentimental value to me, and you did them right!

I appreciate the kind words dude! I definitely plan on throwing them in the bag and giving them some time on the range and course just for kicks. They look great, especially at address and feel really good!

They look fantastic Jimmy

I don't know you personally, but from what i have seen on here I have no doubt you can game them. They are honest irons, no hiding mishits, very much at least. You get out of them what you put in to them. Looking forward to see how it goes.

Wilson Staff FG17 Tour Blade restoration.

They better be in the bag!!

Buy yourself a PW, you deserve it.

Last edited:
very nice job!!!!!! reminds me of the "old" days

I know for a fact that I can't hit those things... but they look so good I want to. Fantastic job.

Wow Jimmy those turned out really nice! Love the color choices Understated yet present. Very nice work man.

Those came out great, Jimmy. Keep us posted when you get them out on the range or course!

Back