Do you get bored repeating the same course ?

This is a great question. Since living in the desert, there are a lot of courses I can choose from. My home course (only because my weekly foursome are members and I pay their rate) is a great course. Three 9 hole courses and we change them up from week to week. I occasionally play a different course from time to time. But I don't get "bored" from playing the same course. In fact what gets me is that since I play the same course, I should know the layout and play better each time...not the case.

Nope, love my home course

I don't get bored of the same course but I do like to change it up for the scenery.

I don't get bored at all and I walk anywhere from 9 to 36 holes almost every weekday since I joined this year. My game is such a work in progress that it makes it easy to see improvements and what still needs more attention (yes it all does but you know what I mean). As I continue to get better it actually is making the course more enjoyable. I do play elsewhere once in a while so the new scenery is nice but if I couldn't play anywhere else I would be fine. I am loving being able to play golf again so much that it has my full attention right now.

I was a member at a GC for 11 or 12 years and as much as I liked the layout and look of the course after a while it seemed as if I knew which blade of grass to aim for to hopefully get the preferred "members bounce". Yes, it did get a little mundane so I looked for a change. What many GC's in my area are doing is offering set packages of rounds (5, 10, 15, etc) that include full membership privileges. What I do now is buy a 10 round package at 2 or 3 different courses so I will have a variety of play.

I joined somewhere this year for the first time and so far I'm not bored and I don't expect I will be. Before I moved last year, I played the majority of my golf at a 9 hole goat track down the road from where I worked. I got to play more golf by going there so that kept me interested.

I am a season pass holder at a local public course with a great landscape and spectacular scenery. I doubt I can ever be bored there. That said, playing more courses is a personal goal.

I don't have much choice but to play 90 percent of my rounds where I do, part of living in rural America.

Same here. My little town has a nine hole course. The closest 18 hole track is a 50 mile drive. I have only played about five courses in my life.

I play 75- 80% of my rounds at one course. Have done that for three years now. Not bored and in fact believe knowing the course adds to my enjoyment of the game. Probably more specific to a higher handicapper but understanding how to play the holes, knowing where you can miss, where you can't miss, what shots play longer/shorter than the yardage etc. usually equates to better scores and minimizes frustration.

I definitely enjoy a change of scenery from time-to-time and like playing tougher, higher end courses when the opportunity allows. Having said that rounds on new courses can unravel quickly for me especially when well struck shots start ending up in bad places much more often and frustration starts to build up. That is on me obviously but I still play this game large part for the escape factor.

No. I can find good reason to play a course over and over. Especially considering how my "home" course kicks my backside regularly.

Same here. My little town has a nine hole course. The closest 18 hole track is a 50 mile drive. I have only played about five courses in my life.

I'm not all that far from you. I'm in NE Colorado, and I'll be playing senior league this morning on the little 9 holer about 8 miles away. There are several 9 hole courses in the general area, but I do have 2 18 hole courses in Sterling (I joined at Riverview for the season), about 20 miles away.

Last year was the first time I got really into golfing, and I got a phenomal price on a 2 year membership to the course closest to where I live. I played that course nearly 100 times last year with probably 15ish rounds at other courses. So far this year I've gotten about 30 rounds in at my course and only 2 rounds elsewhere, mostly because the number of local courses using GolfNow dropped a ton from last year for whatever reason.

Honestly I am getting a little bored with my course but it won't make me play less or start spending more money to play elsewhere that often. My course is pretty short so on every par 4 I typically have a chip or some sort of wedge as my second shot. If there was another set of tees that I could play that lengthened the course I'd probably not feel bored at all but now it does kind of feel like I'm outgrowing this course. If I'm still in the area next year I'd renew the membership anyway though because of how great the price is.

No because my game is not consistent enough to play the same course the same way every time out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Exactly! LOL

The holes were cut in completely different locations today than I've ever seen so it was a completely different course tonight.

I don't get bored on a golf course. I can be on the left side of a hole on day one, and the right side on day two, so it looks like a completely different hole; the benefit of being a crappy golfer.

It more the fact I like a change of scenery. That's the main reason I'm not a member of a club.

I don't get bored on a golf course. I can be on the left side of a hole on day one, and the right side on day two, so it looks like a completely different hole; the benefit of being a crappy golfer.

It more the fact I like a change of scenery. That's the main reason I'm not a member of a club.

I used to tell people that I don't bring a caddy with me but, instead, a Sherpa.

I used to tell people that I don't bring a caddy with me but, instead, a Sherpa.

I've had days playing on a mountain course here in Colorado when I wished I could channel Kit Carson or Jim Bridger to help me find my way back to the course.

That is a nice problem to have.

I don't get bored since this is my playground
42f46db041a013eac41e3bf9522a2b5f.jpg

But I don' think if I only had a few choices that I would get bored jus because I like getting out on the course.

I do not get bored at all with the same course. I figure until I can master it... it will never be boring. When I lived in Ohio I was a member at the country club in my city, so I played 95% of my golf there. Here in Texas I have found that I enjoy Teravista (within 10 minutes of home) the most. There are a lot of great courses around here, with my swing being a mess right now I would rather hit the range for an hour instead of driving an hour.

I only get to play 18 holes about once per month, stick to just one course, and I'm still trying to break 90 so I don't get bored. Occasionally I'll add a round at a 9 hole executive course but it's located inside my home course too. When I was younger and played nearly every weekend, I didn't get bored with playing the same course but was able to get out to a different course every once in a while.

No i dont get bored. Moving the tee's and flag makes the course play different and also how i play so it keeps me coming back.

I play a limited number of courses but have never got bored because at my level I never have the same shot again. Just happy to be out there.

I have a rotation of 5-6 courses I play, all within 20 minutes of home.

I usually play at 3 courses .... I rotate them time to time, depending on my golf buddies. Boring ? Yes

Nope. May play the same course often but depending on the quality of game that day, it plays different each round.

Back